New JB Immigration.. for better or worst?

Xmenfreak2

Hi bros... heard that today was the opening of new JB immigration.. so any feedbacks from ppl who went in today? Me might be going in later in evening to pump.. So cheers.. and let us monitor.. for better or worst.. [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

currently we are still using the old m'sia custom to chop passport, but after entering old custom you will be diverted to the new custom (only route available).

dun have to do anything while entering the new custom, it is only to help you to familarise the new route to the new custom.

going back still using the old custom same procedure same traffic conditions, no need to bypass the new custom.

Maybe they only want you to familiarise the entering in to JB route only.

Neutral Newbie

Did anybody notice Singapore custom side, they built a new grey colour Hump after the petrol check area. Beside the grey hump is a electronic gadget looks like a super sonic device.

is the old one still in use? is it juz a trial?

the old CIQ is operating just that drivers are guided to drive thru the new one as "orientation".

It if published also new CIQ accept only TNG card for toll at J B side so be prepared to have one -- min value to buy is RM$20 with stored value of RM$10.

Anyway, the new CIQ will only officially start on 16 Dec 2008. [:)]

Turbocharged

just went thru the new CIQ today..my immediate reaction is that it is built very similar to our woodlands checkpoint..and the ramp going up there might create bottleneck like what BKE flyover is doing to our woodlands checkpoint

ya i do notice that too. but dun think its a 'super sonice deivice' that you mention.

you notice that the 'hump' is filled with 'air'? abit bouncy if you asked me.

And there is a 'fan motor' device connecting to the 'hump'?

Dunno it serves what purpose though... [:|]

Neutral Newbie

be very carefull when you drive thru the new CIQ..

after you at the booth counters, look left, blind spot of incoming traffic...

Edited by Sianjoo

If its anything like Sgp..... then chialat liao..... there'll be a scanner for your car plate and all cars with outstanding Malaysian traffic fines will be hauled aside to settle the payment. [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

The new custom overlapped whole of city square area.

or do i miss out any route along the way after exiting?

Edited by Karpi

SG side...din notice of the hump.

But at the new JB custom, beware of the super sharp pointed hump.

Thinking that it is like all other humps in SG customs, the bump can make my player skip for 3 secs. I drove like usual.

That is 1 hell of a mini super sharp hump.

haha thanks. [;)]

Ya i notice the 'potential' blink spots.. everytime once im inside the new custom,

i will turn on my headlights [sweatdrop]

At least in our SG custome, the counter lanes are actually position in a slanted way. that drivers can turn their head and check for oncoming vehicles.. But i notice in JB new custom, the counters are not positioned in such a way. so abit dangerous.