VVTR and Drift Racing BBK

Yewhiong

Neutral Newbie

Drift racing BBk not bad, i use before. I using 4 pot at that time. What ride u driving? 6 pots, woohoo [sweatdrop]

no one using Drift Racing BBK?

i am currently using drift racing 4pots BBK...good enough for a sedan which cannot go fast...

tends to develop bad driving habits...like tailgating, cos knowing that the brakes very good...

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I also looking at Drift Racing 4pots 330mm rotors bbk.

the brakepads use up fast? price? Need aggressive offset rims to clear?

Edited by TYL

Funny is when some drivers changed to aftermarket calipers (4 pots, 6 pots, whatever) but then try to save cost by using cheapo brake pads such as NIBK, JNBK, or some so call in-house brands etc.....like this machiam defeat the purpose of upgrading brakes.

Must at least use more established brake pads brands such as Brembo (not China made ones though), Mintex, Texstar, Bendix, Ferrodo, Pagid, EBC etc. Established brands have been around so long for a reason.

And for some slotted disc, don't think they are good.. They only appears sporty look but actually rigidity, strength are already compromised due to thinner material after cutting, noisy to use also.

In many cases, all these are just marketing gimmicks. In fact serve no real purpose in brake upgrading.

Supercharged

True..

Actually 6 or 4pot is Just one factor, the other factor is the size of rotor.

Plus a good sport brake pad also important.

I think ap racing and brembo is still the best around and budget.

I'm using big rotor, 330 with brembo rotor at rear, feraro brake pad.

Not bad but regretted that I should go for 4 pot front, 2 pot rear with big rotor

Are the popular pads in the market usable with these aftermarket brake calipers?

What kind of warranty do they come with?

The assembly and testing of any brake kit is important. If it's come straight from a factory without actual real world testing - personally i'll be quite dubious about it. however if these were run in races... be another story altogether.

Honestly unless you're building a car for the track, uprated pads and rotors and maybe steel brake hoses are sufficient. A lot of friends went bbks and they screw up their brake bias, or their master cylinder is not up to the task and blows a seal and starts leaking... just my 2 cents

↡ Advertisement