YEAH! Malaysia cuts fuel price by 5%

Metalslug

[bounce1][bounce2][bounce1][bounce2]

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNew...202-105034.html

Malaysia cuts fuel price by 5%

Tue, Dec 02, 2008

AFP

KUALA LUMPUR - MALAYSIA on Tuesday cut petrol prices by 5.0 per cent, bringing pump prices down to 1.90 ringgit (S$0.80) per litre amid easing global crude prices.

Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawisaid said the 10 sen cut would be effective on Wednesday with diesel also reduced by 10 sen to 1.80 ringgit per litre.

'As the price of oil has visibly dropped, the government has again made a decision to reduce retail prices so that the public can benefit,' he said in a statement.

It is the sixth fuel price cut the government has announced since June's 41 per cent hike on the back of soaring crude costs, which sparked angry street protests and calls for the premier to resign.

The last cut, by 15 sen, was just over two weeks ago.

June's hike saw inflation soar, with the August price index reaching a 26-year high of 8.5 per cent, also driven by the escalating cost of food and transportation.

Inflation has since eased at 7.6 per cent in October as fuel prices dropped.

↡ Advertisement

Last time say got country subsidy, it was at 1.97? Now has dropped to 1.90.. way to go man.. but too bad i hardly go in to pump...

When will our 95 cost $1/litre before discount?

for the benefit of all jaybee kakies, as of 3/12/2008:

RON97 - RM1.90/L

RON92 - RM1.80/L

V-Power - RM2.35/L

Diesel - RM1.80/L

i think i read frm Mal newpaper last week that the petrol mkt price is ard RM1.60/L, at $1.90/L. If that s true, Malaysian petrol is no longer subsidised.... the gov is actually taxing on the petrol liao.

i just went in and it seems touch and go is a must for toll next time

however when i went into caltex station, they said sold out. how to buy like that? can buy at the new CIQ?

i also noticed its a much longer drive to the CIQ vs the old causeway.... [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement