President Nathan is "James Bond"!!

Sleepyman

At a gathering with singapore's youth at the Istana yesterday, Nathan mixed with his youthful guests and talked about his experiences including his handling of the Laju terrorist incident in 74' which then elicited this response from NUS undergrad Mallory Ho, 21 " I thought of him as James Bond"!!

Nathan may then have told her "shaken but not stirred, Moneypenny" lol [laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement

this 'Laju terrorist' incident appears to be the de facto story used by veteran politicians when highlighting their bravado.

every once in a while some old folk will pop up in the papers recounting their role in the laju boat incident.

maybe i'll start using it too.... my role? i was the one they summoned when negotiations failed and the commandos weren't ready, ala john mcclane.

Neutral Newbie

ok, lah... at least he did some significant part in this.

[http:]http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Sellapan-Ramanathan[/http:]

He was involved in the Laju incident on 31 January 1974, when members of the terrorist Japanese Red Army (JRA) bombed petroleum tanks on Pulau Bukom off the coast of Singapore. Nathan, was among a group of government officers who volunteered to be held hostage by the JRA to secure the release of civilian hostages.

Neutral Newbie
Devan Nair was Kenny Rogers, you heard that story??

The one I heard was Devan Nair was "Keleng Eastwood". [laugh]

Whats that with Kenny Rogers?

Well..at least he risked his life for Singapore. What have you done? Give comments on blog..lol!

At a gathering with singapore's youth at the Istana yesterday, Nathan mixed with his youthful guests and talked about his experiences including his handling of the Laju terrorist incident in 74' which then elicited this response from NUS undergrad Mallory Ho, 21 " I thought of him as James Bond"!!

Nathan may then have told her "shaken but not stirred, Moneypenny" lol [laugh][laugh]

Edited by Davidtkl

She has the qualities to be a pappy running dog. [thumbsdown]

Even if they give her sh*t to eat, she'll say it's better than Tony Romas steak.

Neutral Newbie
"The one I heard was Devan Nair was "Keleng Eastwood".

Whats that with Kenny Rogers? "

He renamed himself as Kenny Nair......

[laugh][laugh]

Aiyo!!! An NUS undergrad said that!!! What is happening to our educational system!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

If James Bond is President Nathan, then who is Austin Powers? Hmmm.........

↡ Advertisement