How to disable auto lock doors after car is started?

Lab4games

recently installed this remote and alarm system. no manual given. 4 stupid buttons which i don't really understand

pic00053hv0.jpg

top button is to LOCK doors without sound.

left button is LOCK doors with beep beep sound.

right button is UNLOCK doors with beep beep sound.

bottom button also LOCK doors without sound.

can't understand y the top and bottom button is the same. i can't silent unlock my doors if i didn't silent lock my doors [rifle]

but anyway once i on engine, step on brakes, it will lock the doors. i asked the shop how to disable. he only know how to tell me it's a safety feature, very good. didn't even answer my question. Anyone knows if there's any button combination i can press to disable locking of doors upon stepping on brakes? Don't need it at all cos no kids in car.

↡ Advertisement

okie mine same same as urs.

i can teach u:

the left lock sign is the audio LOCK , when press its beep once and lock (1)

the Right unlock sign is audio unlock. when press beep twice and unlock. (2)

the top silent sign , is when u wanna lock and unlock silent. (3)

the bottom lightning sign is use for car searching or alarm, so press alarm trigger. (4)

to lock audio press (1). beep once

to unlock audio press (2). beep twice

to lock silent, get out car , close door , press (3) , silent lock.

to unlock silent , can either press (3) unlock silent.... or u can press (3) then (2).... should silent unlock too.

--- if ur lightning is lock without sound, then ur installer might wire it wrong. it should be use for car searching or alarm trigger.

regards to auto lock after u press brake. its a safety feature , lan lan cant do anything.

its to prevent pple entering the car while u drove off . or try to open ur door.

useful in MY... safer.

:)

Edited by Circuit

no doubt it's cheap at $100 for 2 remote. plus 1 yr warranty.

the guy took >2hrs to install [laugh]

keep unlocking,locking,unlocking,locking, won't it put more stress on central lock?

must have a way to disable auto lock upon pressing on brakes... when ppl want to alight, i got to unlock the doors for them. when i pick up wife, again i have to unlock the door. [dizzy]

this feature good when i am up north but not in SG.

when i press (3), it only silent lock. it won't silent unlock one. i have to press (2).

if my car is locked and i press (1), the alarm will sound. to search car one. think installer wire it anyhow. he fed up after the 1st hr liao [smallcry]

so my (4) is useless button.

how long did ur slider (cover) last? my first thought is sliding it everyday sure spoil in no time.

think ur installer kok up the wiring. mine good.

it should be wat i describe if ur wiring is correct.

mine button same as urs.. but my slider is stainless steel cover. full cover sliding... like a flat metal face..

so far so good.

:)

Hi, I have the same four key functions as yours, but different systems will be different so please take it as your reference only.

Lock and unlock is straight forward, but when I search for my car I will have to use the lock button. When I silent lock my car( your top button) I still need to use the unlock button but it will be silent unlock. The only situation when it sound off is when there is some push or knock on my car (I am still refering to silent locking the car). Depending on sensitivity level set by your installer, the nos. of sound is how hard is the knock.

The lighting button is an engine kill button, it actually kills the engine completely with loud alarm within a certain distance. This is particular useful when someone hijack the car and within certain distance; by pressing the lighting button 3 times it actually kills the engine.

The lighting button also serve another function, by using it together with the unlock button it actually opens up the boot. This saves you the trouble of going up to the driver seat to manually open the boot.

It took my installer about two and a half hours to three hours to complete my installation job. So I think you installer knows what he is doing. Try it you never know.

Good Luck..... [thumbsup]

Well ...Can't say it's totally useless in SG . Matter of fact . When i got my car . My original key imobiliser came with a lock/unlock door . Which is able to open door and close door. But no auto locking.

That time was looking for those aftermarket car alarm ... but my specific requirement is one which will auto lock all doors once the brake is activated. (The one you don't need [laugh] )

Reason why ?

Ever experience say when you are parking your car . Trying to correct the alignment . Some impatient passenger (be it your wife , parents , colleague etc) thought that you had park properly and just open the door irregardless .

Another reason for the features is that i feel more at ease when i know that whenever the car is moving . The door is lock. Not just for the safety of myself in SG or up north . But you will never know when you had a toddler or kids in the house ... Those tiny itchy finger ... [sweatdrop]

Yes ..I agreed ..troublesome ...but then ...Just don't be complacent ... [smash] I don't want it to be a honest mistake ... [:p]

to unlock all the doors, i thought there's a lock/unlock doors button beside your seat on your right side? like near the buttons that control windows, window lock, door lock on your right armrest?

yes there is central lock button. troublesome to press.

original system has auto lock when car starts to move off. manual says can disable it by pressing the unlock button in car for 5 seconds. disabled it from day 1.

then remote spoilt, 1 key also spoilt because immobilizer chip [dead]

went to make the cheapest duplicate immobilizer key i can find. $60.

if want original key and remote in the same key, need to pay $200+. somemore original remote no alarm one.

so went to install this funny 4 button remote with alarm for $100. get 2 remotes, just nice 1 remote for spare key.

now i understand why my wife's vios also cannot disable the auto lock after engine is started...

thanks all for your quick replies. tomorrow go try lightning button see if it off the engine [thumbsup]

WKS should seriously consider buying this kind of auto lock technology for detention center.... his ministry needs it more than me

I don't understand why door got to lock when step on brake. However, it is good if doors auto lock when car moves. Past accident (not mine) shows that door may open upon impact if it is not locked, hence some cars (such as Nissan, Mercedes-Benz) have this safety feature of auto locking doors when car moves above certain speed.

Be it auto or manual, it is good practice to lock all doors when moving to ensure doors don't open upon impact. The next question would be how to open in an emergency. Merc can still open door from inside (when locked) without unlocking door and this solves the problem.

Maybe you don't like, but the key looks nice leh....

Could it be the bottom button can be programed for opening the boot? Wild guess lah wink.gif

bottom button is to vote for the PAPlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Got lightning logo nia

Neutral Newbie

bro, it can be disabled...my remote is something like yurs but smaller...

my installer told me there's a wire connected to the main circuit...just disconnect the wire can liao...

when i got my car in jan..it came with this feature...the moment i tap brake after engine is started..it'll auto lock..thou itz a gd function..but can be troublesome at times...

later when i install the remote alarm..the installer asked me is i wanna disable this..and i said go ahead..he even show me there he hide the wire..

well, for auto car, the moment brake is step on while in stationary, it could means the driver is engaging to D mode and it auto-lock the car door for safety purposes....

frankly, i don't understand what's so troublesome for the driver to open the door when it's locked?... it's just pressing a button and if that also troublesome, what else is not?... [laugh]

Every alarm system is different so best if can get the manual. Is your original system come with remote?

For my 1st car, car alarm manual is given to me and it also has the auto lock by braking, I confirm it can be disable. It also has many other feature like auto lock after 30 seconds or something which I disable. In fact I like the auto lock by braking very much as I lazy to press the lock switch sometime and just press on the brake pedal.

For my current car, only has 2 remote with immobiliser. No alarm, no auto lock. So I install a separate alarm which make use of my original key (with immobiliser + sliding door control) for about $200, no manual given. Also sdded another auto speed lock which lock my car automatically when speed reach 10 km/h. I still prefer the auto lock by braking. Auto lock is a good feature, be it in Malysia or Singapore.

to disable wire i must go back to the shop. i don't know which wire. somemore he removed my speedo unit to put the remote control unit and all the wiring.

later go ask him to disable. [:)]

yes original has remote only. no alarm. i know how to disable auto lock in my original remote system.

i tried the same method hoping to disable this new system but it's not the same.

i think some ppl really like this auto lock while some just dont like. i am the latter [laugh]