Converting Auto Trans to Manual Trans

Pandaeyes

Is it possible and safe to convert an auto car to a manual car by buying the whole manual trans and fitting into the car? Suppose buying the manual trans of altis from thailand to fit onto spore's altis exact same model with same engine.

Any complications in future?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

i thought of it before..but after you factor in the parts, labour and all those additional paperwork required by LTA..it's simply not worth it..might as well buy a manual car the next time you change car

cheaper to just sell off ur car and find the equivalent manual car of the same age. u will most likely lose out in the transaction unless you manage to chop an unsuspecting buyer [laugh]

if ur car is not available locally in manual, then better not do the conversion also. how to sell? if it's an altis, i don't think pple will pay u more (at least, enuff to even offset ur expenses for converting the car) for having a unique manual car.

converting from auto to manual is considered pretty major mod. "major mod" only further devalues the car.

ultimately, after all is said, worth it or not? it's your decision, your $$, and you are the one to live with it [;)]

if u itchy backside, i think force induction is more bang for buck [lipsrsealed].

if u want more power, can do other mods to improve power.

btw, u shd check if u really need to import the gearbox from thai kok. if G9 uses compatible gear box, local scrap yards might have manual box for u to buy. shd be cheaper and less hassle

possible and safe, to answer ur question, shd be yes for both. just how much u spend. also gotta notify LTA also. but i think it's legal if u do the paperwork [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

yes its possible and it will only be save if its done up by professional,but you will need more than just the gear box to convert it.

↡ Advertisement