Crazy weather in Singapore ?

Theman

I am using Lifepro Dehumidifier, so far so good with 2-3hrs of operation can dry my family rack of clothes. Downside need 2-3hrs of operation to effective dry 6 poles of clothes in enclosed room or service yard.

image.thumb.png.13f8c5ef8f83bce9790cd47dee57a7e2.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

2 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Dryer only. 

its a heat pump dryer, no vent, can place anywhere, no need near the window. 

Heat pump dryer all about this price, maybe +- 10-15% depend on brand and function.  This one got like dont know how many function, can dry shoes, can air wash suits and wool, etc.  

Motor warranty 20 years some more, inverter technology and the most energy saving one liao. 

Mine coming this Friday, some cheaper ones need to wait until after mid Feb. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

So it means your this dryer only is simi sai also can dry la? [laugh] But over $1k plus dryer only indeed not cheap, even though it can place anywhere. 

49 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Too slow la.

Now I’m washing my queen size blanket. After that 1 hour in the dryer then it’s done.

How long will a dehumidifier take?

Your dryer need 1 hour to dry your queen size blanket?

• Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Your dryer need 1 hour to dry your queen size blanket?

I set to 1 hour for everything...haha. 

Mine is an old vented dryer. Cannot be simpler enough…🤣

CB036B7A-0BB2-4DD6-8853-C92F0E91653C.jpeg

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Sometimes is the Brand, or the batch issue?

Although I have not used any before, but I also think 2 in 1 not efficient, and likely more energy consumption. 

But given our new BTO sizes, and not everyone has the luxury of space, 2 in 1 can be a good fit also. [laugh][laugh][laugh] 

In most new BTO should have a service yard, so by right should be able to fix 2 item?

21 minutes ago, Ghgan said:

I am using Lifepro Dehumidifier, so far so good with 2-3hrs of operation can dry my family rack of clothes. Downside need 2-3hrs of operation to effective dry 6 poles of clothes in enclosed room or service yard.

image.thumb.png.13f8c5ef8f83bce9790cd47dee57a7e2.png

You got measure use how many kw for that 2-3 hour?

i curious to know

53 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

One of them is. The other one my relative got from TB and self installed.

Must be good for you? 

I used my China one two times and never switched on the drying function again. Honestly a dryer is much better in my experience. But some people like it I guess. 

Cos the heated air only heats up the top of the clothes and not the bottom. If u are using plastic hangers etc also will be damaged from the heat. The vents also don't run throughout the length. Cos of the inbuilt light etc. 

The motorized retractable height is good though. I use it all the time. 

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

CNY visited relatives' houses which were renovated. They fixed a hanger that can have various type of light and blow warm/normal air.

Goes up and down too. I was like... Wow! Very suagu. 

Did you consider this setup? 😄

I think you are referring to this or similar.

https://goodwife.sg/products/premium?variant=40180937359510&currency=SGD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

Steigen?

https://www.steigen.com.sg/

I have one installed. going to buy one for parents house also. Their house is still using the bamboo stick and they dont like dryer. 

Recently Steigen got recall for a potential faulty fuse. I have not arranged for appointment yet, so have to avoid using the solar drying function and is using a dehumidifier instead. Slow and takes time.

3 hours ago, Hosaybo said:

Just get a dryer if you have the space ..... 2 in 1 is not efficient and based on my experience, not that good. (I have this experience of changing 2 brand new units within a short span of 1 week..... Both got problem.)

No space for 2 unit. 

My 1st 2 in 1 used for about 6 yrs. Now on 2nd unit and already around 8yrs.

I don't use for every wash. 

Only use for drying of towels and raining days that clothing difficult to dry.  

So less efficient not a problem for me. 

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Tohto said:

No space for 2 unit. 

My 2 in 1 used for about 6 yrs. Now on 2nd unit and already around 8yrs.

I don't use for every wash. 

Only use for drying of towels and raining days that clothing difficult to dry.  

So less efficient not a problem for me. 

I guess if you dont use dryer often or for every wash, maybe can buy the 2 in 1 type. The dryer can be used as stand-by during prolong rainy season. Some people is default use dryer for every wash and for everything, for such case, better to have a separate unit just for dryer. Unless your house really dont have any space to have 2 units.

47 minutes ago, Mustank said:

You got measure use how many kw for that 2-3 hour?

i curious to know

I know the power consumption should be much lower than a dryer. I do not have the device to measure kwh, but from the web calculator should be around $0.263/per day +-20% for daily 3hrs usage for my 280w dehumidifier. I am only using it during raining days to dry clothes, otherwise it is back to the store room until the next raining season.

image.thumb.png.f793f8bca96e1b83b5cc0067005c01ef.png

• Praise 4