You dare to overtake TP?

Kelpie

Recently, witnessed a traffic scene. A sports car was stopping at the slip road that run into a merging lane before the expressway. A TP on bike drove past and riding towards the merging lane.

As soon as the TP passed the sports car, the driver has the nerve to overtake the TP at the merging lane. In a flash, the TP overtook him and wave him to stop and the rest of the story is up to our imagination.

Have you overtook TP on the expressway before? Is it legal to do so, if TP is driving or riding slowly?

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

hmmm... i will also if its within the speed limit.

once i saw before a tp wrx on CTE 1st lane doing 90km/h..i was directly behind. when i look at the rear view mirror.. i see prolly at least 50 cars. [laugh] all dare not over take.. from SLE all the way to orchard exit!

god.. that was the longest drive ever on CTE! [furious]

overtake a few b4..but they riding ard 70-80 on a 90 expressway.. nothing happen.. i guess as long u dun yaya papaya reckless overtake and within speed limit den its alright.. got nothing they can do to u wad..

I will maintain steady cruising speed of 90kph. Give the cop's badge some face.

If he's slower than me, I will end up creeping past him.

If he's travelling at 90kph also there's no need to overtake him.

From my TP neighbour advice, usually they are riding close to the speed limit of each particular road etc 50/60/70/90kmh.

If we overtake them, it sure means we are already speeding liao.

However, I have overtaken them a few times on the road and expressway as they were on lane 2 and travelling below the speed limit and I overtake them safely without being stop. So i guess it depends how you overtake their ego.... [laugh] ...opps sorry to the TP community.

I guess the TP you mentioned deems the sports car drove into the merging road a little too reckless or there must be somethings else like visible/audible illegal mods etc...anyway don't test their ego....cheers..

Neutral Newbie

Once I was stopped for jack-rabbit start from red light to another red light, just side by side with a TP rider.

The TP rider waved me to wind down my window at the next traffic light and told me not to drive so racklessly. I just said OK.

There are alot of factors to consider before you overtake a TP. If TP is hogging, no harm overtaking, especially in peak hours, busy road. On the other hand, if your ride is heavily modded, then you should relac and humbling drive behind.

Btw, TP not only stop ppl for exceeding speed limit.. there is a stack of Road Traffic Offences he can book you. The traffic scene you described could be a dangerous driving offence or driving without due care.

The rule is:- Don't attract TP's attention lah.. [laugh]

From standstill the car move off...overtook the TP on merging lane near a expressway....so I guessing speed cannot be too high. I doubt he is booked for speeding. Maybe reckless overtaking ?

I will overtake them if they are below speed limit. But not when they are at speed limit....overtaking then simply implies that I am speeding.

hmmm... i will also if its within the speed limit.

once i saw before a tp wrx on CTE 1st lane doing 90km/h..i was directly behind. when i look at the rear view mirror.. i see prolly at least 50 cars. laugh.gif all dare not over take.. from SLE all the way to orchard exit!

god.. that was the longest drive ever on CTE! furious.gif

now we know that jam in singapore is partly cause by TP laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif so the LTA have to reduce the number of TP on the road to help ease the jamsly.gif