Nice / Rare Vehicle Registration Number

Leepee

1 hour ago, Steptronic said:

Probably second or third in command. Top one is normally in S!

Hm yeah probably. Think it also depends on country to country? Some countries maybe  lesser budget to spend  for S class  😅

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, Steptronic said:

Probably second or third in command. Top one is normally in S!

I previously learnt that VRN ending in 01 or 10 is the top man's car. Don't know if it's still true. 

If it is, then this is the ambassador's ride.

Edited by Toeknee_33

17 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

I previously learnt that VRN ending in 01 or 10 is the top man's car. Don't know if it's still true. 

If it is, then this is the ambassador's ride.

VRN ending in 01 is the top man's car.

The first 2 number is the country , last 2 number is the ranking within the embassy.😙

• Praise 4

3 minutes ago, Koizee said:

VRN ending in 01 is the top man's car.

The first 2 number is the country , last 2 number is the ranking within the embassy.😙

I guess 01 is not followed by all. I live very close to an embassy. Top man is not in in 01.

7 minutes ago, Steptronic said:

I guess 01 is not followed by all. I live very close to an embassy. Top man is not in in 01.

I found this on the web, but not all things in the web are 100% accurate anyway. So yeah, I could be wrong.

A. This is the usual format : S (for Singapore) XXYY CD where XX is a code for a country and YY is a number related to vehicles within an embassy or high commission. That is then followed by CD for Corps Diplomatique I.e. French for Diplomatic Corps.
b. YY codes 01 are used for the senior ranking officer, so the ambassador or high commissioner, as the case may be. If that person is inside and on official duties you may see a flag as well. XX02 and lower are assigned to other lower officials, to a point when the numbers are just motor pool and family vehicles.
c. Coming back to the XX codes, I believe they only use numbers above 10, which denotes Malaysian vehicles. So, applying the above, S 1001 CD is the Malaysian High Commissioner to Singapore.
d. Looking at the codes for other countries, I suspect the numbers were originally granted based on when the countries entered into diplomatic accreditation with Singapore after Malaysia did, from which Singapore became independent from 50 years ago in 1965.

Maybe the top man you saw, wants to go on stealth mode while in public 🤣,  but those inside 01 is usually driven by a chauffeur

• Haha! 2