Nice / Rare Vehicle Registration Number

Leepee

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

This car plate might be more ex than the car. hahahaha.

I thought this kind of car plate number is a pass-down from his/her ah gong car. It's an inheritance?😅

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I thought this kind of car plate number is a pass-down from his/her ah gong car. It's an inheritance?😅

Some are born rich, some are made rich, some strike toto and is rich.

We commoner will never know one lah. hahahha.

• Haha! 1

On 12/24/2021 at 8:28 PM, Comage said:

As far as I know, there's no Jaguar out there with an engine specced to accept ron92 gas. Doing so damages the engine and all for what? To save a buck? When the car is already a Jaguar?

Your analogy on the staying in GCB and eating street food - is not a good one because eating and place of residence has no relation to each other. Like I said it's not the individual thing or a pair of things that is disgraceful - but a whole combination of things all happening together at the same time. 

The possible scenario of a mule car - yeah that could be one case that I overlooked. But usually one look inside the interior of the car and we would know whether it's a dealer car or not (e.g., if it has child seats mounted inside).

Unfortunately we don't have that info so that's as far as we can go.

Yes I have my prejudices, but the fact remains there's a lot of people out there who've overleveraged their finances just to own a car - and end up scrimping on the other important aspects of car maintenance...

This is where I am coming from. 

I don't mean to exacerbate this discussion, but I have seen the blue stickers on cars that perplexed me too.

Eg: On a COE Honda Jazz with plate number "E39" (posted somewhere on this thread), on prestige cars (S-class, E-class, A6 that didnt look like rental cars) and cars with high maintenance costs (Scenics, VWs etc). 

I guess its just that everyone's situation is unique and we cannot fathom all the myriad reasons why the blue sticker exists on those cars.

For me, if I were to retire in the next few years, and if I get sick of sitting at home, and since I love driving and meeting people, I might just also stick the blue label on my fully-paid, bidded number, 3.5L Lexus and do some trips to pass time. To hell with what my condo neighbours think!

Hope you get my drift. Cheers!

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Haha! 5

When You Pay $9 Million for a License Plate, an $800,000 Rolls-Royce Seems Cheap 

when-you-pay-9-million-for-a-license-pla

When you can have – and you actually do get – any car in the world you want, spending a fortune on a vanity plate seems a given. If you live in Dubai, you have to get several of them just to save face.

Businessman Abu Sabah boasted on camera that he was the owner of the world’s most expensive license plate. That claim isn’t technically true because the title goes to the 1 license plate, but it’s close enough: Sabah owns the single-digit plate 5, which he bought for $9 million. He told the producers that he bought it because he’d been turned away from a hotel because his “pretty nice car” didn’t have a “nice enough” plate on it.

The single-digit 5 is the most valuable in his collection and the one he’s most proud of, he said. The $800,000 Rolls-Royce Phantom that wears it is cheap by comparison.

As you can imagine, viewers at home didn’t exactly sympathize with the pain he must’ve felt when he was turned away from a hotel for not having the right license plate on his expensive car. :D:D

What a carrot... 

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 5

On 1/7/2022 at 11:23 AM, Toeknee_33 said:

I don't mean to exacerbate this discussion, but I have seen the blue stickers on cars that perplexed me too.

Eg: On a COE Honda Jazz with plate number "E39" (posted somewhere on this thread), on prestige cars (S-class, E-class, A6 that didnt look like rental cars) and cars with high maintenance costs (Scenics, VWs etc). 

I guess its just that everyone's situation is unique and we cannot fathom all the myriad reasons why the blue sticker exists on those cars.

For me, if I were to retire in the next few years, and if I get sick of sitting at home, and since I love driving and meeting people, I might just also stick the blue label on my fully-paid, bidded number, 3.5L Lexus and do some trips to pass time. To hell with what my condo neighbours think!

Hope you get my drift. Cheers!

im waiting to see PHV decal on cars like civic type R, lancer evolutions, Subaru WRX/STI's, passengers can be assured of fast ride to their destination although it wont be very comfortable😁

• Haha! 3