Parking within 3M from a fire hydrant fine

Chrispie

well...FH = Fire Hydrant...so with some people mingling around the sign post...I overlooked it and did not know I was parking beside fire hydrant!

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Zebra crossing has white zig zag lines and that is no parking or stopping at all times on this side of the road.

The zebra crossing itself don't have any zig zag lines. Just like they never put a sign beside the fire hydrant telling you no parking.

Hmm...that's sound like picking on technicality. Half fill or half empty...open to different interpretation right?

Zebra crossing is obvious but a road with single yellow line is vague if the hydrant signage is partly obstructed. Of course I am already in the wrong but will try to see if any change for appeal

Fingers crossed but till now, no notice yet...Eddies also no record....

Write in to appeal.

If appeal, 50% of success.

If never appeal, 0% of success.

Its not the usual fire hydrant you see by side of the road, its not obvious unless you look closely at the sign...yep, its a sign post like below pic. If its a actual hydrant, I dont think I will miss it at all

Wow, I learnt something today. I have seen such sign but never paid attention to it!

Yeah..there is no line to indicate fire hydrent at the road side.

Bro, be pepared to part with S$130, I think.No more S$70 mah...TP salary also increase last few years.

Don't worry no demerit point for this offence....only heart broken lah

Come to think about it, if everyone pin their hopes on appealing, then what's the purpose of enforcing traffic rules. Ppl cut your lane and drive recklessly, you kbkp, you kena summoned, you pray for the best by appealing. No ending one.. if its a genuine fault, Just take it as a lesson, and move on bah..

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro, sorry to hijack your thread.

Few days ago, a certis cisco officer issue summon to me when I and my gf are inside the car. I park the car on a double zi zag line to wait for my parents to come aboard after having dinner at the nearby outlet. They are already old and having difficulties to walk long distance to the car park. Hence, I just drive and wait at the side, not obstructing the traffic because that road have very little car pass by and has 3 lanes.

However, just 1-2 mins of waiting, a certis cisco officer just walk up to the front of the car and take a photo of the car plate. When I start to alight and wanted to talk to him already too late.

I was thinking, he should have just ask me to drive off, but he insist that he has to issue the summon because the photo of my car plate was already been capture. -_-"" So unlucky

Any comments ppl ?? can appeal ???

What I notice after I alight, the officer is walking to the other cars in front of me and try to capture the car plate but the car move inch and then he try to move forward to take photo again, the car move abit again, then finally move off. So in the end he was never able to capture that particular car.

Few days ago, a certis cisco officer issue summon to me when I and my gf are inside the car. I park the car on a double zi zag line to wait for my parents to come aboard after having dinner at the nearby outlet. They are already old and having difficulties to walk long distance to the car park. Hence, I just drive and wait at the side, not obstructing the traffic because that road have very little car pass by and has 3 lanes.

However, just 1-2 mins of waiting, a certis cisco officer just walk up to the front of the car and take a photo of the car plate. When I start to alight and wanted to talk to him already too late.

I was thinking, he should have just ask me to drive off, but he insist that he has to issue the summon because the photo of my car plate was already been capture. -_-"" So unlucky

What I notice after I alight, the officer is walking to the other cars in front of me and try to capture the car plate but the car move inch and then he try to move forward to take photo again, the car move abit again, then finally move off. So in the end he was never able to capture that particular car.

Do you even know the meaning of double zigzag lines?

I'm sure there is a reason for the stretch to be painted ZZ. Else, LTA wouldn't pay the contractor more labour and paint to mark it as such. If you think it does not require ZZ line, maybe you can write to LTA and request them to remove the ZZ line. Meanwhile, you have stopped at one, and so have to pay for the action.

well...FH = Fire Hydrant...so with some people mingling around the sign post...I overlooked it and did not know I was parking beside fire hydrant!

Why not try something innovative like "the fire hydrant moved. When i parked it was further up the road". ^_^

Since you asked, I will share with you this which means no parking or stopping at all times. But you just admitted that you stopped for a full minute or two on the said spot. Now you learn something. If you think you really have a valid reason that justify tour action, don't even bother to appeal. Take the summon to court and discuss with the judge your issue. I am sure it will work out.

MCF, you ask, I share, we learn, you go discuss with the judge. ^_^

post-18199-0-42090500-1395495107.jpg

Edited by Bavarian

Turbocharged

you can appeal in whatever traffic offences, the only issue the chance of waiver. For a road to have double yellow zig-zag lines, it means that this is a hot zone for illegal parking, and as such the chance waiver is low unless you have a very good reason.

Just write in to appeal and say, when I passed my driving, this zig zag line wasn't invented yet. It's not in the sillybus.

if u write that in, I am sure they are more than happy to offer you the opportunity to refresh everything going thru' basic +advanced+ L-learning, by revoking your license..... [laugh][laugh] [laugh]