Interested in Volkswagon Passat 1.8T

Skoder

Neutral Newbie

Hi, as above, know any good SE? The lady that I was served erm, is very stiff in prices/gifts/packages....

This no , that no..... tsk tsk... I am not asking much as this car has pretty much everything i need...

Need someone more flexible.... already had the check book that day, just need serious sweetener...

Thks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

unless there isn't any margin left, how can one do biz like that?

anyway, if i were u, tell her, really no negotiation right?

say thanks for her time and walk out on her. get another se, or even deal with her boss.

I rented the new passat TDI in europe, The exterior is pretty good, but the interior is feel is really poor. It is like hyundai of europe, most panels are hard plastics, including majority of the dash and door panels.

There is a utilitarian feel, but it does not feel luxurious. Why not look at other cars in the market, eg. the AR156? oozes class, but you have to check back on reliability.

Otherwise the new mondeo will fit too.

Coincidentally, I have also rented the new A4 2.0TDI. Its 6 spd manual, quieter than the passat, better interior feel, somewhat smaller though and I don't like the audi MMI - You won't want a playstation in a serious looking car, and the front lip looks like a cockroach's mandibles.

take a look at www.vwasia.com

Passat has good luxurious interior. Unless you talk abt rent car which normally have lower spec.

The local version has more spec and luxurious then most local japanese version of camry and accord.

Neutral Newbie

tyvm for the link. will try the forum... later as i find registering with another forum is much of a chore.... lol.

for the other post, the margin can be roughly calculated with the omv. so, theres really some margin there. If its against the forum guildlines, can pm me ^^

need to know if the price is really that stiff.... i mean, with the current economic issues, every dollar have their unique fragrance.... lol.

As for the other Vags, Audi is a little way too pricey for my range and budget. Skoda.... erm...good car, but my range falls identical with some cabs. Seat.... its is still around ? i last rem that they have the only 1.8l engine w/o turbo of any sort...

Saab was on my list tho its not with the vags, but GM aint looking good atm, so....

And one little problem i have with the door handle... i like those with a bar/stick like stuff for me to grip on... not the flat plate thingy that need your 4 fingers facing up to pull one.... ok, theres once, i flatten a cockroach , which triggers me to prematurely releasing the door handle and breaking my finger nail in the process... its was raining heavily that day too... got sick for 3weeks , dunno by the rain or the infection...crazy.gifsweatdrop.giffurious.gifbigcry.gif

Got any good info/price/goodies, pls pls do kindly share

mucho gracias

/ty

/cheers

Neutral Newbie

Volkswagen margin is pretty high and they promote their car as an upmarket conti over here unlike in other parts of the world where it's more of a bread and butter car.

Have attached a PDF file from one motoring which shows each model and brands' cost and markup. This is freely available information published by LTA every month but sadly not many people care or look at it before buying a car. Look through it and make your own conclusions

I test drove the Passat and Jetta before and Volks cars are quite well built and loads of features. However can't get past the high margins they make as your depreciation will really be steep when you try to sell it down the road.

They are quite stiff in their price as it is not a dealership but in fact managed by Volkswagen directly so unless the parent company is in financial trouble, expect them to be firm about their prices unless economy worsens considerably in the coming months.

Good luck in your purchase!

Edited by Flexer

Neutral Newbie

Hey u know why she die die not willing to give goodies?? because u have most likely shown ur card liao. now she manipulate u bcos she knows u very very interested. at this point of time, not a lot of people buying cars, i don't believe she doesn't want biznes. go to another se, make urself like mediocre to the model ai mai ai mai... show them cheque book, want to sign don't want to sign like that....

the last time i bot my vw like ai mai ai mai, even told the 2nd hand car dealer that if he is not willing to pay more for my old car, i am NOT going to buy the vw. ha ha ha... they bo bian got to negotiate for better deal. thats true. [;)]

remember, play like black jack!

Err... I agree their profit margin is normally on the high side compare to Japanese car.

If you look at the pdf file, other premium brands are even more.

It is normal for dealer to put 10- 30% range. can be higher for premium brands.

Price for COE movement is understandable but they do not do steep cut on cars to get your order like some local company. Their profit margin is even fatter, they have a margin to play.

am also interested in Passat. But have not test drive it. But on paper, it looks attractive with all the gagdets and electronics.

Comparing with Audi and BMW, i think these 2 models is of higher premiums.am looking at C180 too.

Agree, Audi and BMW are higher premiums then VW.

Nonetheless, VW is trying to move between this sector in branding.

Look at GTI, the margin is the highest and people still go for it. This has been very successful branding as I see it.

In term of gagdets, passat has the most of bell and whistle which the similar price for similar ranges conti cannot offer.

based on the margin, for every passat VW sells here, it is as good as selling 1.8 car...and since plus all the tax is so high, sell one car = 3 cars (in terms of revenue), still any wonder why VW, Merc want to take over the dealership?

from the sgcarmart, passat 1.8 tsi is manufactured in 2005 and has a facelift in 2008 ?

thought this model only introduced in early 2008 ? the previous model was 2.0 fsi ?

↡ Advertisement