Interested in Volkswagon Passat 1.8T

Skoder

What are the numbers you are using?

Based on LTA website, last month average OMV for Passat 1.8T is $30,439, even using $2,656 as COE, the gross margin is $29,334.

Not sure how you get 1.8 cars.

Edited by Rm2s

tyvm for the link. will try the forum... later as i find registering with another forum is much of a chore.... lol.

for the other post, the margin can be roughly calculated with the omv. so, theres really some margin there. If its against the forum guildlines, can pm me ^^

need to know if the price is really that stiff.... i mean, with the current economic issues, every dollar have their unique fragrance.... lol.

As for the other Vags, Audi is a little way too pricey for my range and budget. Skoda.... erm...good car, but my range falls identical with some cabs. Seat.... its is still around ? i last rem that they have the only 1.8l engine w/o turbo of any sort...

Saab was on my list tho its not with the vags, but GM aint looking good atm, so....

And one little problem i have with the door handle... i like those with a bar/stick like stuff for me to grip on... not the flat plate thingy that need your 4 fingers facing up to pull one.... ok, theres once, i flatten a cockroach , which triggers me to prematurely releasing the door handle and breaking my finger nail in the process... its was raining heavily that day too... got sick for 3weeks , dunno by the rain or the infection...crazy.gifsweatdrop.giffurious.gifbigcry.gif

Got any good info/price/goodies, pls pls do kindly share

mucho gracias

/ty

/cheers

Have you gotten the Passat ?

I think it's a pity that it only can fit 4 passengers. It was just launched in Malaysia.

CLS sits 4, Panarama sits 4, X6 sits 4 and most car which was designed for this market segment has 4 human in mind.

I personally think that if the Passat CC has a rear bench seat option, it will be a very hot selling car in Singapore. Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be. So, the only way to go about it is "love it or leave it"

Neutral Newbie

I wonder how does VW Passat 1.8T compare with Audi A4 1.8T?

Regards,

Same as skoda superb. A4 1.8T is cvt, the passat 1.8t & skoda superb are dsg.

opel insignia launching at $120K 2.0T 220hp

Neutral Newbie

tyvm for the link. will try the forum... later as i find registering with another forum is much of a chore.... lol.

for the other post, the margin can be roughly calculated with the omv. so, theres really some margin there. If its against the forum guildlines, can pm me ^^

need to know if the price is really that stiff.... i mean, with the current economic issues, every dollar have their unique fragrance.... lol.

As for the other Vags, Audi is a little way too pricey for my range and budget. Skoda.... erm...good car, but my range falls identical with some cabs. Seat.... its is still around ? i last rem that they have the only 1.8l engine w/o turbo of any sort...

Saab was on my list tho its not with the vags, but GM aint looking good atm, so....

And one little problem i have with the door handle... i like those with a bar/stick like stuff for me to grip on... not the flat plate thingy that need your 4 fingers facing up to pull one.... ok, theres once, i flatten a cockroach , which triggers me to prematurely releasing the door handle and breaking my finger nail in the process... its was raining heavily that day too... got sick for 3weeks , dunno by the rain or the infection...

Saab has been bought over and there is a promotion package of 3 years service and 5 yrs warranty AFAIK

Edited by Sgsw0skl

Same as skoda superb. A4 1.8T is cvt, the passat 1.8t & skoda superb are dsg.

opel insignia launching at $120K 2.0T 220hp

how uu know the pricing of the insignia? And $120k for 220 bhp seems desirable, but heard that the seats are uncomfortable...

Must see how the local seats will end up.

Does the car stick to the road, if I take it for a spin along the circuits or highways during the weekend?

Yeah man it's pretty grippy inside corners...not much of wheelspin.

Neutral Newbie

Why don't you opt for a test drive? I normally do that besides relying on the information provided to me by the car dealers. My colleague drives a Passat and with myself in the passenger seat, it

Neutral Newbie

Is the Passat CC a hot item in Singapore? How often do you see one on the road?

I'm wondering how it will sell in Malaysia...this kind of economy..hmm...not sure

Neutral Newbie

how uu know the pricing of the insignia? And $120k for 220 bhp seems desirable, but heard that the seats are uncomfortable...

Must see how the local seats will end up.

Received SMS from them.

Didn't really look into details yet.