Interested in Volkswagon Passat 1.8T

Skoder

I will pick Infiniti , next Passat. Mazda 6 won't even think at it.

Infiniti - this car is suppose to compete with Lexus in the luxury segment. Definitely value for $

Passat - nice car but add a problem to your life. It's VW ....problem is a constant

M6 - out in terms of quality, comfort, interior + noisy, no fight

↡ Advertisement

Join me n Teik as Mondeo owners 😎

Mondeo also one of my considerations. However, if I want to wait for a while and look see on the Passat with TFT driver console, seems like the 2.0 will be phased out and only 1.5 which looking at current specs is not really special.

I'm not RM but then I think that by bring in only the 1.5 i/o of 2.0 going ahead, they are losing a big selling point for the ford mondeo. But then again I'm only speaking for myself and am no mkting expert.

I was thinking abt 5 dr mondeo. Does that have BSM?

Mondeo also one of my considerations. However, if I want to wait for a while and look see on the Passat with TFT driver console, seems like the 2.0 will be phased out and only 1.5 which looking at current specs is not really special.

I'm not RM but then I think that by bring in only the 1.5 i/o of 2.0 going ahead, they are losing a big selling point for the ford mondeo. But then again I'm only speaking for myself and am no mkting expert.

My SE explained to me that some units came with BSM and some don't. The only way to confirm is to check with them n they in turn need to check with the warehouse.

Bummer isn't it. The uncertainty on specs of the new shipment is 1 of the key reason why I jump in now rather than later.

Join me n Teik as Mondeo owners 😎

Haha... Thinking hard.

When you all collecting your ride from RM? Soon ? Drooling.... : )

My SE explained to me that some units came with BSM and some don't. The only way to confirm is to check with them n they in turn need to check with the warehouse.

Bummer isn't it. The uncertainty on specs of the new shipment is 1 of the key reason why I jump in now rather than later.

What is BSM ?

Have RM release the spec for 1.5 litre?

Haha... Thinking hard.

When you all collecting your ride from RM? Soon ? Drooling.... : )

What is BSM ?

Have RM release the spec for 1.5 litre?

Lol, no need to think so hard lah. I did all the thinking liao. By any conceivable objective or standard, I think this won't be a choice you will live to regret. Some downside like ANY other car in the market but all the upside is something to behold 😀

As proof of my commitment, I walk the talk n bought myself 1 ;)

Should be collecting by end of the month 😋

Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)

I don't think so. Seems like they (at least the SEs) don't even know when the next shipment is coming. Either that or they are just holding back such info for their strategic benefits.

Edited by Lucille

Test drive the Passat 1.8T during the weekend. My wife does not like the look of the front (me too). The front grill is too "narrow" (mean top to bottom too narrow).

While the car is quiet and comfortable, the steering wheel is lack of communication and is way too light for my own preference. The brake is also too light. Plus the worry about the gearbox. Sorry, I have to rule out the 1.8T in my shortlist.

Also test drive the Mazda6 2.5 Luxury. I found that is ok. The test drive is a bit short. But the suspension seems to be a good balance. Steering and brake are nice. The Luxury model has the Lane Departure and Blind Spot Monitoring. Thought the total cost of ownership (linear depreciation, road tax and fuel consumption for 15k km/year) is getting very close to a Infiniti Q50 due to the higher road tax.

• Praise 1

Join the Mondeo club 😋

Test drive the Passat 1.8T during the weekend. My wife does not like the look of the front (me too). The front grill is too "narrow" (mean top to bottom too narrow).

While the car is quiet and comfortable, the steering wheel is lack of communication and is way too light for my own preference. The brake is also too light. Plus the worry about the gearbox. Sorry, I have to rule out the 1.8T in my shortlist.

Also test drive the Mazda6 2.5 Luxury. I found that is ok. The test drive is a bit short. But the suspension seems to be a good balance. Steering and brake are nice. The Luxury model has the Lane Departure and Blind Spot Monitoring. Thought the total cost of ownership (linear depreciation, road tax and fuel consumption for 15k km/year) is getting very close to a Infiniti Q50 due to the higher road tax.

mazda 6 is 2.5 which is higher road tax. But again, since u paying so much for COE whats the small amount in road tax.

The rest are turbo charge and enjoyment wise will be a far better experience.