Carbon Bonnet and Brembo kena stunt

Ehonda

Neutral Newbie

copy from subaru and legacy forum .. time are bad .... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Dear Bros,

Not as bad as one brother who had just lost his Brembos...but this happened to me on the 9th December in my own MSCP:

Blk 462 MSCP

Choa Chu Kang Ave. 4

Was alerted by a neighbour in the morning at 8am, whom mentioned that my bonnet was missing already missing that morning at 130am; I was just at the carpark 15 mins ago doing my usual stake out before i left my ride...haiz

Arrived in despair, shocked all the whatever shitty feelings, there goes my bonnet leaving my exposed engine bay naturally cooled through the night! The Son of the Biatch cut my rex grill, used a tool to pull the cable to pop the bonnet before unlatching my bonnet and started the project. Alarm was disconnected, bonnet and all the auxiliaries wiped out...

Called the police for investigation and statement was taken..In desperation I drove my car to sing ming bonnetless to get a replacement..and make another trip the next day due to insufficient parts..

Its like nightmares everyday and really fingers crossed every morning hoping no more surprises..

If i manage to catch this Son,...........I guess u bros know how the story goes.....Jet Li's, Bruce Lee's stunts and all combos happy hour

http://www.subaruclubsg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29160

warcraft168 wrote:

This morning went to my MSCP to my shock my 4 advan rim with tires were all lying beside my car,when i went nearer to have a look, wtf my brembo capiler with roto 2 infront all gone, called the police and was told by the IO my MSCP is a HOT spot for thief for Brembo items regardless of motorcycle or car.Lastly my rims are lock with special lock nut but they still manage to unscrew them.????

So Brothers beware and take care

frustrated_

Nuts used: Mcgard Lug Nuts

warcraft168 wrote:

Infact they also wanted to take all my rims also, becos they left in a hurry. think someone saw them they panic and ran away as they left all their tools and 2 jack behind.

But i am sure they are 100% pro.

1)Alarm not triggered

2)Took out 4 tyres with lut nut

3)Dismantle 2 front roto with capailr w/o cutting the brake hose.

Sainz..............................

http://subarulegacy.sg/viewtopic.php?t=9965

↡ Advertisement

haha KNN might as well just drive the car away. still got time to slowly dismantle things in MSCP. [hur]

Opps feel sorry for these guys. frankly if I were to stay in HDB n park at MSCP, I ll keep my car simple to avoid all these. [sweatdrop]

I still cannot believe what I read leh! [jawdrop] No offence. I think this type they target and watch your movement closely b4 they act.

Guess have to look on bright side, his(ur) car still with him(u).

Edited by Twofouronenite

i do notice the cck, bukit panjang area a lot of these things. east and south east seems safer, at least for cars. why?

Directly BKE --> Woodland --> JB?

Brembo brakes are standard issue on some cars. How to keep it simple...

MSCP should have CCTVs....its because of lack of security....that is why pple dare to do all these funny things.

A Evo had his HKS VPro unit and some electronic gadgets stolen at a MSCP in Sportiwoode Park...that I think is petty theft.

But the brakes and bonnet...you need to know what you are doing then you can steal...in a workshop enviroment....a mech will take at least 20~30mins to dismantle the brakes....with the aid of power tools and hoist.....I would expect inside a MSCP with handtools and floor jacks would take much longer.

One thing about cf bonnets is that I've actually seen the catch on it snapped off while driving. I would suggest that you get people with these bonnets to install these sort of bonnet pins

LockBonnetpins.jpg

Even if the their cuts the front bumper to get to the latch, the still won't be able to open the bonnet [sly]

When it comes to wheels, security lug nuts just means it take more time. I would buy this brand called gorilla... comes in sets of 16, 20, or 24 and their patterns are a pain in the ass to work around. Just don't lose the serialised card as you will need it to get a replacement key if you ever lose the original.

Edited by Elfenstar

I suspect workshop or some mech who did this.

A Rex or STi would have crash out badly....frontal damages....so they zoom in on specific parts.

But lucky for the owner in Bukit Batok....his Advan rims were spared....I am surprise that the thief didn't take them (since outta car already) cos that would be able to sell easily for 2~3 grand.

↡ Advertisement