Feedback on Volvo S60 2.0T

Kelpie

Hi there,

Have not test driven one yet but thought the performance specification and price are quite ok. BMW and Mercz are just too common. Anyone driving this L5 car presently? Wanted to know the car interm of:

a) Space and comfort (compare with Saab 9.5, BMW 5 and Audi and Mercz equivalent)

b) Ease of maintenance and general reliability(Turbo)?

c) Resales (Is it any weaker than Audi and Saab?)

d) Can last the next 10 years?

e) Fuel frugal to drive around as I need to meet clients every now and then.

If you have other information, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Owned 1 from Sept 2003 to Dec 2005, before trading in for my current XC90.

a) space and comfort wise more comparable with 3 series/C-class/9-3/IS. Volvo driver seats amongst the best.

b) No extra/special maint. needed/required. 3 yrs free service, incl brake pads/wipers etc.....15K service interval

c) should be broadly similar, now at around $105K-110K, OMV abt $35K+/-

d) why not, if maint and care for properly.

e) got consistently btn 9.5-10.5litre per 100km.

Thanks. Is the current model due for facelift or phase out? Don't want to get something then realized that it suddently becomes an old model.

Regards,

Already facelifted 2 times. Quite a old model, think 8 years +/-. But nothing really extensive. New model(prototype) appeared, schedule for 2010 launch. Of course phasing out abt to face out then can get at such an attractive price.

a) space and comfort wise more comparable with 3 series/C-class/9-3/IS. Volvo driver seats amongst the best.

I see, so S60 is at best the equivalent of a 3 series. That would also mean Saab 9-5 is also a quite a good buy if comparable with S80 and 5 series.

Regards,

Currently, only have the 2.0T (LPT) and the T5 which is a 2.4 High Pressure turbo(HPT) 260BHP. Difference abt $15K +/-, deserve or not up to individual, cos really have to see if the "extras" U like and feel like paying for. Left mine stock, 220BHP no problem, but then U wanted to keep 10 years, better not. Also once chipped dun think can used 95 octane already.

Neutral Newbie

i'm diving the 2006 S60 2.0t first of all i would like to tell you that my car kenna kiss by other car 5 time all minor one (maybe mine car is a female [laugh] ) but for the other 5 cars mostly front teeth drop or whole thing gone, and my most lucky day is ( touch wood) i was at Cavenagh Rd http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1pj4.jpg few weeks back at about 6.30am no car at that time. Suddenly my car drift & 360゚turn (something like what you saw in movie) i went down to check what happen, and i found out that the road surface has some oil on it, must have some accident before that or something. And i will get back the same brand if i can afford for the next round [nod]

I know Volvo has a nickname called "Tank". Some said it drives like a Tank [laugh]. Is that 180bhp enough power to chiong [;)]. Branding wise, do you think Volvo commands a higher prestige than a Saab?

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

chiong Branding still can but not chiong will WRX lah [laugh] Prestige...Mmm just ask how many Saab can you see on the road [:p] but there is one thing bad adout S60 turning radius is too much, so if you doing a U turn must be get in hand. Btw the i save alot of $$ on Fuel [;)]

Edited by Atx2

chiong Branding still can but not chiong will WRX lah Prestige...Mmm just ask how many Saab can you see on the road but there is one thing bad adout S60 turning radius is too much, so if you doing a U turn must be get in hand. Btw the i save alot of $$ on Fuel

Can smoke WRX on NSH or not? or be smoked [:)] . I also browsed the used car market website to get an idea on the popularity of certain made. IMHO, Audi, Saab and Volvo are about the same but Volvo probably have the most. Did you consider Saab 9-5 or test drove one?

On the part of fuel saving, you mean S60 is very frugal with fuel?

Regards,

owned one for about 4.5 yrs

my take.

1. FC is consistently abt 9.5 to 10

2. cabin deterioriation is quite bad ... esp my 02 version

the plastic buttons even melted in hot sun !!

3. seats are comfy, ride is comfy

4. engine never gave problems ... only service and oil change

5. acceleration is brisk but cannot beat legacy gt for sure

6. boot is too small

7. depreciation si crazy... i lost almost 90k in 4.5 yrs

8. SM motor service is not top notch "kow tow at your feet" type but definitely better than Ah Seng's Killer Whale

9. try to get the pre-05 version that has a built in car phone.

I dont like to use bluetooth or those handsfree

moreover, the OMV is actually lower as well.

its a good ride and i will miss my workhorse.

owned one for about 4.5 yrs

my take.

2. cabin deterioriation is quite bad ... esp my 02 version

the plastic buttons even melted in hot sun !!

9. try to get the pre-05 version that has a built in car phone.

I dont like to use bluetooth or those handsfree

moreover, the OMV is actually lower as well.

its a good ride and i will miss my workhorse.

Melted! That bad? You parked under the Sun most of the time then? Car phone, as in a real phone?

Regards,