Typical situation at some junction.

Chrispie

Hi guys,

I was along Jln Eunos gg towards still road and at the junction of Changi Road, the scenario as shown in the pic below occurred.

At the time, the light is green for the straight going, and red for those waiting to turn right at lane 1 and 2. I was driving along lane 3 all the while, with a white Mitsubishi infront (P plate with whole family sitting inside, crowded), and a taxi infront of the Mit.

It was at a time when the taxi suddenly realized that he wanna turn right only as he get passed the end of the queue, and decided to just stop there, signal and wanted the van to give way to him. In this process, the whole of lane 3 was stuck, and it was impossible to go to lane 4 as traffic was very heavy.

The van driver also quite guai lan and die die didnt wanan let taxi cut in. The taxi driver wound down his window and gestured (in a seemingly not so friendly manner) and only antagonized the van driver even more, causing him to edge very closely to prevent the cut.

I found the whole situation very irritating and sounded a long horn TO THE TAXI. The taxi refused to barge.. eventually when the right turn arrow lit up, the taxi decided to just go forward and turn right anyhow making the car that was turning right then to do a preventive manouvre.

I tot the whole episode was over then, and continued to drive forward with the Mit still infront.. nx thing i know, my gf said that the driver flashed me his middle finger and then the whole family keeps turning back to stare at me!!

1. Ehh.. concluded that the horn is not so discerning hor.. but the mit driver could have known that the honk is not directed at him?

2. Bloody right turning taxi could have just gone infront to make the U turn..which was not far away.

Encountered this situation so often already.. always taxi...

wtf...

↡ Advertisement

Taxi driver got a habit to do tat.They tink by signalling,whole world should give way..WTF. I dont blame the van not to give him way,cos they themselve dont lead good example. Particularly those hard headed taxi driver,dont give chance [sly] . Of cos there are some good ones. [:p]

you were nice enough to forgo, respect to u

i prefer to let my FOOT do the talking instead of using my HAND to flash high beam or middle finger

i will use my FOOT to step the rightmost pedal to get in front of the mitsu and using the same FOOT stomp down hard on the middle pedal among the 3 pedals that my car has.

I have a different approach .

If the traffic is really heavy on your left and the taxi couldn't move into the right turning lane ; then don't do anything and wait if you're not in a hurry .

It's not gonna take forever , just take a step back ,breath in and watch the world unfold in front of you .

From the look of it, the Mit felt your long horn was directed at him, and was indignated because the delay was not his fault. So you really deserved the middle finger for misusing the horn.

I think at unfamilar roads people tend to only realised they are in the wrong lane until it's way too late. They could of course just LL and keep going, or signal and hope that some kind souls will let them through.

So in the situation everybody had the right of way except for the hapless taxi driver, but everybody should had shown a little courtesy and patience. It won't even cost you a drop of blood.

A little courtesy on the taxi's part would see him man up, move on and do a U-turn up ahead and not impede the flow of traffic for his own miserable pathetic selfish ego. When cars miss an exit on the expressway they also cannot expect the whole expressway to slow down and give way to them to make a 90 degree left turn to exit right? [dizzy] I encounter a lot of the TS' situation too and it's frustrating as hell. Easy to blame everyone else in those cases and say "have some courtesy and patience" when the driver at fault should himself have some courtesy.

this is also a common scene after the lornie bridge, where straight is going to upper thomson road and turning right is marymount lane..

i'm always prepare to sound my horn becos sure have some buggers in the go-straight road trying to cut into the right lanes [mad][mad]

hate those ppl cutting queue lah.. sometimes you wonder why the hell it take so long to make that right turn, and you see infront ppl juzt cut in at the end.. so much so for courtesy and patience..

you were nice enough to forgo, respect to u

i prefer to let my FOOT do the talking instead of using my HAND to flash high beam or middle finger

i will use my FOOT to step the rightmost pedal to get in front of the mitsu and using the same FOOT stomp down hard on the middle pedal among the 3 pedals that my car has.

Your old school method does not work anymore. Nowadays it's no longer 100% the fault of the person who kisses your behind. You might be liable to 10-20% of the claims as you did not give ample time for the person behind to react. More so in your case as you just jam brake in front of him. It's no longer so straightforward.

Don't believe me? Go check with major claims workshop.

Young padawan....knowing that you have a hot gf by your side isn't a good excuse to 'blow your horn'...I mean blow your top! [sly][laugh]

Patience is the key...my young apprentice...

Only then will you know the POWER OF THE FORCE...which can lift the taxi off the ground and let the Mit and you drive thru!

Till then, you still need lots and lots of training to do! [laugh][laugh]

what you need is not a loud horn

even if you have a mrt style air horn, it will not adequately assist you to express yourself [idea]

[sly] what you need is Raymarine Ray 430 Loud Hailer: [sly]

"With 30 watts of power, Raymarine's waterproof Ray 430 loudhailer is sure to get another boat's attention. The Ray 430's eight foghorn signals will deliver your message clearly, even when the weather isn't. "

http://www.mynewcheap.co.uk/products/detai...ud-hailer/1311/

1829.jpeg

by using this product, your encounter might have a drastically different outcome [cool]

imagine this:

teksi, ge siao, never queue up, hold up the going straight queue

you [pirate] : (using Raymarine Ray 430 Loud Hailer) @!$@#%$#%^#$%^ teksi lao!!!!!#!@#@!$%@!@#$@!#@! never queue up!!!^&%*^&*$#@#

mit [nod] : (winds down window gives you [thumbsup] )

van guy [pirate] : also doing the [thumbsup]

teksi lao: [shocked][shocked] (lloking around, whose using the Raymarine Ray 430 Loud Hailer [shocked][shocked]

you [sly] : teksi lao!!!!! no need to see!!!! lin peh is the mitsubishi!!!!! [sly]

mit: !@#$@#$^$#%^&*&(&^(

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Mustank