Getting Class 2 License

Falc

I've been thinking of learning to ride a bike, am thinking it will come in useful example in overseas tourist locations where biking is prevalent. Most likely will not be riding one in Singapore.

Is getting the Class 2 license the best way forward?

With Class 3 already, any concession in any of the tests for Class 2?

Please share your experience. [cool]

I think you might as well go neighbouring country to take the bike test and convert to international license. Dun take in sg cos have to waste 2~3 years go thru 2B, 2A dan class 2.

tempt u a bit.....the new 2009 Yamaha V-Max. 1700cc i think....

but it cost S$50,000+. more ex than cars, phew...

Damn! That's my dream bike. The power... :wub:

Are you sure it's more than $50K?

Neutral Newbie

Damn! That's my dream bike. The power... :wub:

Are you sure it's more than $50K?

ya boy.....hearsay $48-52k list price by Yamaha Leong Seng.

more ex than some Harleys & BMW bikes.

a Legend indeed. century sprint = 2.7 secs i think. can race in F1.hehe.....

Edited by Ah_veo

ya boy.....hearsay $48-52k list price by Yamaha Leong Seng.

more ex than some Harleys & BMW bikes.

a Legend indeed. century sprint = 2.7 secs i think. can race in F1.hehe.....

Wow, out of my reach. Shall remain a dream then. [laugh]

international licence only last one yr and if you are singapore resident not recognise when operating a vehicle in Singapore.

may be able to convert if you have the licence from "recognised"countries and if you have been living there for many years.

even my expat friends who have been riding big bikes in their home countries have difficulty in converting their licences to a class2 in Singapore.

many got a downgraded conversion meaning they only manage to get class 2A.

It is important for for bikers to get their licence in stages.

They should implement it for Drivers as well. hope it is done in future asap.

eg. Class 3b for up to 1.6l, 3a up to 2.5l and 3 any car

Note: I have more than 15 yrs riding experience and a valid class 2 licence since 1995.

Neutral Newbie

What's the difference between riding 200cc and 400cc? Physically different?

Wondering why car no such thingy.

2B = peh peh peh~ and alot of white smoke, kpkb and relatively slow

2A = Voom Voom, OkOk not too slow, practically can outrun most 4 wheelers with ease.

2 = God like, u are in the Superbikes league.

I think the reason why car got no such thingy only bike is simply because.... Hmmm, lets say a P plater biker just passed and gets an R1 or a busa, its either he pengsan immediately while coming out of the shop, or he redlines the 1st gear to 160kmph and die on the spot. Simply cant handle, then thats it liao.

Edited by Thelord

international licence only last one yr and if you are singapore resident not recognise when operating a vehicle in Singapore.

may be able to convert if you have the licence from "recognised"countries and if you have been living there for many years.

even my expat friends who have been riding big bikes in their home countries have difficulty in converting their licences to a class2 in Singapore.

many got a downgraded conversion meaning they only manage to get class 2A.

It is important for for bikers to get their licence in stages.

They should implement it for Drivers as well. hope it is done in future asap.

eg. Class 3b for up to 1.6l, 3a up to 2.5l and 3 any car

Note: I have more than 15 yrs riding experience and a valid class 2 licence since 1995.

The different classes for class 3 I think can't work.

How abt RX-8 with 1.3L engine only? Or Golf GT with 1.4L engine?

Neutral Newbie

The different classes for class 3 I think can't work.

How abt RX-8 with 1.3L engine only? Or Golf GT with 1.4L engine?

Maybe they can classify this kind of sports cars or rotary engines whatever into class 3 instead of 3B lor.

I stopped at class 2A after passing the test at BBDC in 1996. So far, have rode 2 Honda, a Steed VSE and Super 4 VTEC 1 before switching to a 4-wheeler. The reason I never took up class 2 is those bikes in class 2 category on average are expensive, and the insurance premium is also on the high side which is sometimes more than a car insurance. The dream bike then if I got class 2 licence is to buy a Honda X4. Its end of the exhaust pipe is as thick as an average's man thigh. [jawdrop]

Back during the time when I was learning motorcycle, BBDC was using CB125, Night Hawk 250 and Night Hawk 750 for class 2B, 2A and 2 respectively. Now what they using??

Neutral Newbie

I stopped at class 2A after passing the test at BBDC in 1996. So far, have rode 2 Honda, a Steed VSE and Super 4 VTEC 1 before switching to a 4-wheeler. The reason I never took up class 2 is those bikes in class 2 category on average are expensive, and the insurance premium is also on the high side which is sometimes more than a car insurance. The dream bike then if I got class 2 licence is to buy a Honda X4. Its end of the exhaust pipe is as thick as an average's man thigh. [jawdrop]

Back during the time when I was learning motorcycle, BBDC was using CB125, Night Hawk 250 and Night Hawk 750 for class 2B, 2A and 2 respectively. Now what they using??

CB125, CB400 , CB750 respectively.

Should finish what you started bro. Might as well get class 2. X4 is passe, now is V-max...haha. The exhaust can is very thick too. 2 of it, just like X4.

Should finish what you started bro. Might as well get class 2. X4 is passe, now is V-max...haha. The exhaust can is very thick too. 2 of it, just like X4.

vmax1.jpg

Edited by Fcw75

haha ... during then, i do not have much self-confidence in lifting and pushing the class 2 bike, which the BBDC uses an old Honda 550cc bike. During the TP test, imagine all the 59 other testees are looking at you while you perform the lifting and pushing technique of the class 2 bike ...

I have no regret of not taking class 2 as I don't think I will going to ride a bike again. But I do admit that class 2 bikes have the largest variety to choose from, esp I'm love road bikes and choppers.

Nowadays, I dun see Goldwings on the road so often liao ... maybe all these riders are driving now. Used to join the 2-wheelers for TCSS on Friday nights at the food centre in Pasir Panjang next to the ferry jetty and then when it was demolished, the gathering was shifted to Marina South food centre.

tempt u a bit.....the new 2009 Yamaha V-Max. 1700cc i think....

but it cost S$50,000+. more ex than cars, phew...

if you buy, let me know.. I'll go test ride yours. [lipsrsealed]

vmax1.jpg

I had the opportunity to ride my neighbour's harley when he was away from singapore (insurance covered of course). Am so glad he asked me to help, cos after riding his bike for a while during noon. Am happy I switch from bike to car. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

The other thing to take note when you own a class 2 bike is the fuel consumption. The FC can be quite bad . I have a friend who own a ST1100 and his FC is like 15-16km/l .

↡ Advertisement