Getting Class 2 License

Falc

Neutral Newbie

"Take"?Pay might b able to get liao.hehe ^_^

I got class 2, now riding a Vespa & driving a Car now.Still prefer riding anytime.its never the same.

Edited by Eacs
↡ Advertisement

The other thing to take note when you own a class 2 bike is the fuel consumption. The FC can be quite bad . I have a friend who own a ST1100 and his FC is like 15-16km/l .

pretty average and ok for class 2 bikes.

Goldwing is even worst. [lipsrsealed]

Most Vespa below 200cc right?

I thought some bike engines are turbocharged also? So the cc size and power output relationship not so linear one.

I had the opportunity to ride my neighbour's harley when he was away from singapore (insurance covered of course). Am so glad he asked me to help, cos after riding his bike for a while during noon. Am happy I switch from bike to car. [:p]

gimme a harley anytime [flowerface]

on the bike, if stop go very often, u'll feel the heat ... if ur on the go most of the time, the heat will not eat u up but u will feel lots of 'foundation' on ur face

Neutral Newbie

Take"?Pay might b able to get liao.hehe happy.gif

I got class 2, now riding a Vespa & driving a Car now.Still prefer riding anytime.its never the same.

same here to...prefer riding anytime than drive...i have a spark 135 for my daily transport to work and use OPC for family

Back during the time when I was learning motorcycle, BBDC was using CB125, Night Hawk 250 and Night Hawk 750 for class 2B, 2A and 2 respectively. Now what they using??

I was damn "scared" of the night hawks as the brakes sucked. Rather difficult to do E brake, must really brake hard else sure exceed the line by one km [sweatdrop] . Another nightmare was when doing figure-8. The bike chasis seemed to go up lorry so doing figure-8 is not so straight forward. Thankfully, during the actual tests, both the 250/750 I used were in good conditions.

Neutral Newbie

Note: I have more than 15 yrs riding experience and a valid class 2 licence since 1995.

wow...Throttle2, u muz be quite old now. hehehe.....

1995 was the year that i gota retake all my licence from scratch becoz got revoked. hehehe...

Edited by Ah_veo

Neutral Newbie

if you buy, let me know.. I'll go test ride yours. [lipsrsealed]

haha......dun think i'll go for it. nice bike but price too steep.

anyway juz got a 9yrs old bike not too long ago, intend to keep for as long as i can.....hehe......

post-3783-1230443717_thumb.jpg

post-3783-1230443733_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

gimme a harley anytime [flowerface]

on the bike, if stop go very often, u'll feel the heat ... if ur on the go most of the time, the heat will not eat u up but u will feel lots of 'foundation' on ur face

haha.....totally agree with u,bro.

I think you might as well go neighbouring country to take the bike test and convert to international license. Dun take in sg cos have to waste 2~3 years go thru 2B, 2A dan class 2.

I agree also, i am a class 2 licence holder and i can tell u it's more difficult to get a class 2 than class 3...if u are not intend to ride in sg, better go lesson in other country otherwise 2b lesson will be tough until u give up. Somemore lots of countries no need a licence to ride a bike, so why waste money here

I've been thinking of learning to ride a bike, am thinking it will come in useful example in overseas tourist locations where biking is prevalent. Most likely will not be riding one in Singapore.

Is getting the Class 2 license the best way forward?

With Class 3 already, any concession in any of the tests for Class 2?

Please share your experience. [cool]

Just get it.

In any case .... you'll start with Class 2B .... to get Class 2 ... you need to first take Class 2B ... wait for 1 year ... then take Class 2A ... then wait for 1 year again .... and get Class 2.

international licence only last one yr and if you are singapore resident not recognise when operating a vehicle in Singapore.

may be able to convert if you have the licence from "recognised"countries and if you have been living there for many years.

even my expat friends who have been riding big bikes in their home countries have difficulty in converting their licences to a class2 in Singapore.

many got a downgraded conversion meaning they only manage to get class 2A.

It is important for for bikers to get their licence in stages.

They should implement it for Drivers as well. hope it is done in future asap.

eg. Class 3b for up to 1.6l, 3a up to 2.5l and 3 any car

Note: I have more than 15 yrs riding experience and a valid class 2 licence since 1995.

Australian "R" license converts to full class 2 in Singapore, no need to even take theory. [cool]