Mass hit-and-run driver on the rampage

Stooky

2 cars & 2 m-cycles smashed in Bishan car park

In an email to STOMP today (Dec 28), the STOMPer says:

↡ Advertisement

I'm curious how many will stop and come down from the car to plead guilty when such things happen to themself

When I was still a P-plate driver, there was once during parking when I reverse without checking my rear mirror. Made a mistake and smash into another car's front. My bumper's ok but the other car's number plate cracked. The temptation to run was quite strong as nobody was around. However, I decided to park my car and wait for the driver. After ten to fifteen minutes, the owner appeared and I went up to him and told him that I had reversed into his car and will be willing to pay for the damage. He was shocked... but then he also said, "Forget it, you don't have to pay me." While he was still looking at the damage, I quickly drove off before he changed his mind. [rolleyes]

Was quite happy that my honesty paid off. [cool]

it was said that the culprit reverse in and caused such a damage.

How on earth can reverse in has such an impact unless he is trying a drag race using reverse gear....

Assuming the driver was drunk.. which option is better for driver?? [lipsrsealed]

A) Caught at scene of accident as a drunk driver

or

B) Run away and be caught later (but no more drunk)

Assuming the driver was drunk.. which option is better for driver?? [lipsrsealed]

A) Caught at scene of accident as a drunk driver

or

B) Run away and be caught later (but no more drunk)

Of course (B) lah..then his insurance got to foot the cost of the damages mah!..drunk they don't cover hor! :D

Of course (B) lah..then his insurance got to foot the cost of the damages mah!..drunk they don't cover hor! :D

but (B) got additional charge of feeling an accident scene right? that one not serious meh? [confused]

but (B) got additional charge of feeling an accident scene right? that one not serious meh? [confused]

I think drunk more serious.

If flee from accident, at most just say trauma ,shock and panic causes him unable to think properly.

Hello...that one only cost a few K...nobody injuried so no jail time...throw a few more K for lawyah...still much, much lesser than to pay for all the damages including damages of loss of use for all the parties!

The best excuse is sauy...confused and panic...even can throw a few more k for psycho doctor to ceritfy as so......