Pivot 3 drive

Getzoooom

I installed the Pivot branded (Japan) 3-drive. Apparently they are the original, the rest are copies/imitation. The theory behind the electronics is the same and I reckon one will not be able to tell the difference between the different brands.

If you are worried, then just go for the Pivot branded 3-drive - Pay a bit more for that peace of mind.

Edited by Codename-Hitman
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I installed the Pivot branded (Japan) 3-drive. Apparently they are the original, the rest are copies/imitation. The theory behind the electronics is the same and I reckon one will not be able to tell the difference between the different brands.

If you are worried, then just go for the Pivot branded 3-drive - Pay a bit more for that peace of mind.

Thank u bro!

but the price is actually more than 2 x...

tats y if said got ppl already installed the taiwan ones and operational wise no problem at all then i not so hear$$t pain mah..

anyway bro yr fix of this Pivot brand excellent? do u really frequent pressing and switching modes when driving?

does it get "shock" signals before? really didnt giv u any single problem at all?

sorry for the loh-soh... 400 bucks abit sim tiah... [sweatdrop]

Thank u bro!

tats y if said got ppl already installed the taiwan ones and operational wise no problem at all then i not so hear$$t pain mah..

anyway bro yr fix of this Pivot brand excellent? do u really frequent pressing and switching modes when driving?

does it get "shock" signals before? really didnt giv u any single problem at all?

i seriously feel its a waste of money... pivot or violence or D1 spec or Shadow or NTD or watever... Blitz also has...

especially if its a manual car, even more a waste of money... but i guess for an auto it will give you earlier shifts due to more throttle so you might feel like 'wow'....

but seriously hey... if you like to try it pls go ahead... i myself buy hopeless devices all the time for my car... [laugh]

Bros who own one of this 3-drive thingy... just a thought... when you are engaged in Reverse gear... the device is suppose to be back to NOR correct? what if its stuck at SP7 when reversing?..... opps...

Thank u bro!

There are people who use a Logitech mouse, there are people who use a Microsoft mouse, and then there are people who don't mind using the $5 mouse. It's all up to an individual preference and the perceived value in a certain product, it's a matter of your budget and comfort level. I'm at a age and earnings where I can afford the S$400 and still be comfortable for the rest of the month, so that's why I'm willing to part my cash for the peace of mind. You'll have to work out your own comfortable zone. The car is the 3rd biggest investment of your life (first is wife, second is house), so invest wisely. For me, driving a car, besides the daily routine of to and from work, it should also be fun. [:)]

Chinese say 'Yi fen qian, yi fen huo'.... Ang Mo say 'Cheap is expensive, expensive is cheap... and I always believe it to be true. :)

Anyway, to answer your question - I do switch the modes occassionally, normal driving, I keep it in SP3, caught in morning CTE jam, I use EC3. If I'm crazy, I drive on SP7. [;)] You just have to play around with it to achieve the settings you like.

i seriously feel its a waste of money... pivot or violence or D1 spec or Shadow or NTD or watever... Blitz also has...

especially if its a manual car, even more a waste of money... but i guess for an auto it will give you earlier shifts due to more throttle so you might feel like 'wow'....

but seriously hey... if you like to try it pls go ahead... i myself buy hopeless devices all the time for my car... [laugh]

Bros who own one of this 3-drive thingy... just a thought... when you are engaged in Reverse gear... the device is suppose to be back to NOR correct? what if its stuck at SP7 when reversing?..... opps...

If the installer knows what he is doing, he will set it in such a way that the device goes back to 'Normal' when you engage reverse gear. Mine does.

u sure nothing happen?

there is a forum said that their airwave can reach 0-100 km/h for 7sec to 9 sec after install this.

I had checked the airwave spec, stock is 0-100 km/h only 12.6 sec.

which mean spend $300 can get at least 3 sec faster. cool?

I don;t have this . anyone tested it?

topic from this:

http://sgairwaver.freeforums.org/e-throttl...wave-t3805.html

I thought airwave is using cable - cannot use any e-throttle device.

Neutral Newbie

I had it (P3-Drive) installed about 2 wks ago, i like it... has 3 modes & several stages, the sports mode really makes a lot of difference to me...

Neutral Newbie

going to change my new rims at Chuan Lee Hin ( Nashin BBK distributor at Midview Bldg ) very soon.

Wonder how is the workmanship there if im going to install the Pivot 3-drive in this same shop too..?

anyone has done at this workshop b4?

wat i know is their products' pricing r very stiff... not a single discount even if u throw thousands of dollars there!!

Neutral Newbie

If the installer knows what he is doing, he will set it in such a way that the device goes back to 'Normal' when you engage reverse gear. Mine does.

bro, may i know where is the place u got yr japan pivot installed?

am i right to say tat the gear up-shift change will be quickier due to the faster respond of the opened throttle at SP mode?

i do believe tat the installer plays a very important role for installing gadgets in our cars, any neglect mistake will not only burn our pockets or cars, but our lives too ! [drivingcar]

am i right to say tat the gear up-shift change will be quickier due to the faster respond of the opened throttle at SP mode?

i do believe tat the installer plays a very important role for installing gadgets in our cars, any neglect mistake will not only burn our pockets or cars, but our lives too ! [drivingcar]

I installed mine at McWells Venture at Paya Ubi.

Yes, gear change is quicker because your RPM goes up quicker...

There are people who use a Logitech mouse, there are people who use a Microsoft mouse, and then there are people who don't mind using the $5 mouse. It's all up to an individual preference and the perceived value in a certain product, it's a matter of your budget and comfort level. I'm at a age and earnings where I can afford the S$400 and still be comfortable for the rest of the month, so that's why I'm willing to part my cash for the peace of mind. You'll have to work out your own comfortable zone. The car is the 3rd biggest investment of your life (first is wife, second is house), so invest wisely. For me, driving a car, besides the daily routine of to and from work, it should also be fun. [:)]

Chinese say 'Yi fen qian, yi fen huo'.... Ang Mo say 'Cheap is expensive, expensive is cheap... and I always believe it to be true. :)

Anyway, to answer your question - I do switch the modes occassionally, normal driving, I keep it in SP3, caught in morning CTE jam, I use EC3. If I'm crazy, I drive on SP7. [;)] You just have to play around with it to achieve the settings you like.

many ppl's car are much bigger investments (btw i do not think a car's an investment ^_^ )then many otherpeoples's homes....

not working for sungbeng...but heard they can do the 3-drive on Non E-throttle cars... (pls dont start another sung beng hating thread [laugh] )

its a plug and play device... no skill involved no tuning required.... just know where to plug it in...

Neutral Newbie

its a plug and play device... no skill involved no tuning required.... just know where to plug it in...

emm.. sorry, i tot need some setting and adjustment on the opening of the throttle input (like how many degree we step on the pedal will equivilent to percentage of throttle opening) with the controller?

sorry if im wrong... [:/]

emm.. sorry, i tot need some setting and adjustment on the opening of the throttle input (like how many degree we step on the pedal will equivilent to percentage of throttle opening) with the controller?

sorry if im wrong... [:/]

seriously i didnt install one... so i'm not the right person to ask...

but from what i read and know... mech told me... just plug in and it works... so far i have seen pivot and violence these 2 brands have a newer version slim type...

actually what i think is... (i could be wrong)

pivot 1st came outlong time ago this thing called the 'economy drive' to save fuelby hving less throttle... or 'A-T drive' for some modified throttle response....

then sprint booster... which is probably just with the SP modes...

then i remember autosaver has the device that protects the e-throttle system... http://www.autosaver.com.sg/parts1.htm

probably all work with the same theory... in short i would simply called it throttle amplifyer or 'de-amplifyer' [laugh]

just my guesses... but fact is... bear in mind, that the sprintbooster/3-drive/e-throttle does not increase HP. It works as an electronic assistance to increase pedal travel with reduced effort from the driver.

dont get me wrong... i would think this is a fun device and i would install one... if i had too much $$$... ^_^

(edited)

yesterday outing, i met my friend and he do installed 3-drive.

He told me that the throttle response is good for AUTO. It helped him to step in more fuel.

in fact he tried to time his acceleration and there no gain.

He told me it could be when he stepped the fuel 1/4 and the 3-drive will send signal to ECU that

user stepped 1/2 on fuel pedal.

Edited by Tailgatepro

Think your are right. I dunno how people can talk airwave with this 3 drive. [:p]

↡ Advertisement