Pivot 3 drive

Getzoooom

Neutral Newbie

I know but harness varies across the different brands of throttle control. So that's why I'm puzzled.

I went to several famous workshops. Seem like they dun really know much. They gave me swift sport harness but I checked my Swift 1.2A harness is different.

Acherlee.. Does it really make any difference? Considering the Shadow one quite seriously.. but only if worth the lui..

P.S I am heavy footed..

Neutral Newbie

im using this now, from Eco to Normal i dont notice much difference in FC and power, although the revving does seems a bit more restricted. this is probably due to me being a little heavy footed.

but from Normal to Sports mode, i can feel the increase in power/acceleration. havent tried a full tank of petrol on SP yet though.

if you have an ODB2 reader and use the 'free' program 'Torque' you can see you accelerator pedal profile (how many % trottle is open)...you will be surprise at the result....in my case many times, the throttle % will drop even though i think i am holding it steady. Also at time when i though i have step on it a bit more, the % shown is very low. Even when you consciously think to step down harder..after a while you will revert back to the normal, easier, driving style which is feathering the throttle.

A throttle controller will definitely make my car 'feel' faster. It works for certain drivers. Dont need to change years of habit and familiar driving style to go 'faster'....or slower for Eco mode.

seriously i didnt install one... so i'm not the right person to ask...

but from what i read and know... mech told me... just plug in and it works... so far i have seen pivot and violence these 2 brands have a newer version slim type...

actually what i think is... (i could be wrong)

pivot 1st came outlong time ago this thing called the 'economy drive' to save fuelby hving less throttle... or 'A-T drive' for some modified throttle response....

then sprint booster... which is probably just with the SP modes...

then i remember autosaver has the device that protects the e-throttle system... http://www.autosaver.com.sg/parts1.htm

probably all work with the same theory... in short i would simply called it throttle amplifyer or 'de-amplifyer' [laugh]

just my guesses... but fact is... bear in mind, that the sprintbooster/3-drive/e-throttle does not increase HP. It works as an electronic assistance to increase pedal travel with reduced effort from the driver.

dont get me wrong... i would think this is a fun device and i would install one... if i had too much $$$... ^_^

sums everything up. all the product in the market, sprintbooster/3-drive/e-throttle does not increase HP.

Just makes your throttle more sensitive which in turns make you think that your car is faster.

(edited)

sums everything up. all the product in the market, sprintbooster/3-drive/e-throttle does not increase HP.

Just makes your throttle more sensitive which in turns make you think that your car is faster.

Yes this time you are right on target... Correct. The product name already says so... Throttle controller....

By the way this device is standard on many cars already... Was first used in WRC donkey years ago.

Edited by Ken4555
↡ Advertisement