Meguiar G220EU Dual Action Polisher (240V) @ AutoBacs

Teo_jason

Neutral Newbie

any where selling handheld batt operated types dun need the power just need it to buff off the wax... elbow grease wearing off... [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Usually not too difficult to buff off unless:

1) Applied too much wax.

2) Surface too hot

3) Waited too long before buff off

Neutral Newbie

Depends on how deep are the swirls, and what machine you are using.

Generally for a start, try something medium like:

-Mirka T10 (I love this stuff, cheap also)

-Meguiars DACP ( prefer this over Sonax Nano Polish )

If rotary max 1,200 RPM, on a dual action up to speed 4-5

If cannot remove, you got to try something like M105 ultra cut compound with the Meg Maroon Cutting pad, or W5000 wool (very fast).

If can remove the swirls and want even better gloss, finish with an AIO using finishing pads (the soft ones like Meg finishing pad), use slowest speed.

Keep the pads clean and slightly moist, work the polish until they are like oil etc.

Neutral Newbie

New to learn.

What is Mirka T10 & Meguiars DACP?

Both are medium cut polish/compound. Say on a scale of 10 for abrasiveness they are about 5.

Mirka is famous for their sanding products. DACP wise stands for Dual Action Cleaner Polish M83.

Of course, say you use them on a rotary will have different effect as compared to a DA like porter cable.

Neutral Newbie

OIC.....Where can we get these products.

If you want DACP I can sell you some. How much do you need?

I have like half a bottle left which is about 500ml. Can sell to you at S$15.00 cheap cheap.

I have too much products in the cabinet.....need any other things I can sell you.

Neutral Newbie

Okie will remember that as i just started to learn abt how to do grooming for my ride. I would need to get a proper machine and learn how to do it. Do you have any used machine? What is you view abt PC and Meg 220

Neutral Newbie

Okie will remember that as i just started to learn abt how to do grooming for my ride. I would need to get a proper machine and learn how to do it. Do you have any used machine? What is you view abt PC and Meg 220

I have 2 machines so that with my brother we can polish a car fast, I go with the rotary, he do the side panels with the DA. So cannot let go.

I think PC and Meg220 are fine. With something like Meguiars M105 + the cutting pad (Maroon colour) they have good amount of cut but it will never be able to cut like a rotary. I would say they are sufficient unless you are a pro who always have to compound heavily weathered cars. Rotary has steeper learning curve....just stick to the DA for the moment, it is easy. Just keep the pads clean, very important.

With rotary you need to manage delicately the heat, the pressure, speed, hologram can be created if not careful and the machine can jump more easily. Stick to a DA, it is so easy.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for e details Davc.. :D

Welcome, I really have lots of stuff in the cabinet I'm not using anymore. One whole carton box of pads.....anyway when need stuff, just come to me, grab and I charge you a cheap cheap price.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

My humble ride. Spend 6 hrs to finish up the whole ride. [sweatdrop]

Using meguiar DA polisher with yellow pad-Autoglym SRP & black pad-trackclaw.

No pain no gain... [thumbsup]

post-32348-1247319812_thumb.jpg

post-32348-1247319877_thumb.jpg

Edited by Qqman

Neutral Newbie

My humble ride. Spend 6 hrs to finish up the whole ride. [sweatdrop]

Using meguiar DA polisher with yellow pad-Autoglym SRP & black pad-trackclaw.

No pain no gain... [thumbsup]

post-32348-1247320341_thumb.jpg

post-32348-1247320439_thumb.jpg