Insurance for UK Civic Type-R

Kelfinity

Any bros here driving the Civic Type-R? Just wanted to find out how much the insurance will cost. I am currently entitled to 30% NCD. The car looks tempting with a price tag of $90K now. I suppose with some bargain, one ought to be able to get at $80K+?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Any bros here driving the Civic Type-R? Just wanted to find out how much the insurance will cost. I am currently entitled to 30% NCD. The car looks tempting with a price tag of $90K now. I suppose with some bargain, one ought to be able to get at $80K+?

Thanks.

I tink the $90K quote from Kah motors is alrdy inclusive of in-house loans.

Thanks.

bro dun wan the lancer EX GT alr ah?? [wave]

bro dun wan the lancer EX GT alr ah?? [wave]

Haha, im taking my own sweet time in shopping... since the recession is going to take at least 1-2 years.

Thanks.

Not sure about UK Civic Type R, but friend had a Honda Integra from Kah Motors and was paying around $1.8K with 50% NCD plus quite a high excess if i din remember wrongly. Also he mentioned a few insurance co dun even want to insure the car.

For you, depending on age/occupation maybe $2K+...... Think Kah Motor can quote u your premium on the spot.

Do take note that sometime, the 1st year quote from AD is relatively ok, only to get hit hard upon renewal.

Thanks.

Go to CTR Forum

Turbocharged

Thanks.

i was quoted $1.7K for 20% NCD

Bare in mind that the UK CTR doesn't share the same parts as the JDM CTR nor the FD2 so getting aftermarket parts might be much more expensive.

Also, performance of it is no where near the JDM CTR.

And well, 3 doors...can be very troublesome....

None the less, the UK CTR does look very different from other Civics so that's a plus point...looks....other than that...i dun see how that car is a good buy...i myself was looking at either the JDM CTR or the UK CTR...i have friends driving both, i tried both....and ultimately, the insurance turned me off...over $3k 20% NCD, unler 30yrs old....in the end, i went for the FD2M....i would love the FD2R but the ride is really uncomfortable....the UK CTR is comfortable and nice to drive, but 3doors put me off because my previous car was a 3dr and i got rid of it for that very reason :) Wasn't going to go back to 3dr..

Bare in mind that the UK CTR doesn't share the same parts as the JDM CTR nor the FD2 so getting aftermarket parts might be much more expensive.

Also, performance of it is no where near the JDM CTR.

And well, 3 doors...can be very troublesome....

None the less, the UK CTR does look very different from other Civics so that's a plus point...looks....other than that...i dun see how that car is a good buy...i myself was looking at either the JDM CTR or the UK CTR...i have friends driving both, i tried both....and ultimately, the insurance turned me off...over $3k 20% NCD, unler 30yrs old....in the end, i went for the FD2M....i would love the FD2R but the ride is really uncomfortable....the UK CTR is comfortable and nice to drive, but 3doors put me off because my previous car was a 3dr and i got rid of it for that very reason :) Wasn't going to go back to 3dr..

The UK CTR is built with the same ideals as the Golf GTi - A car that performs & handles better than typical cars on the road, yet stylish & comfortble enough for your daily commute to work & play.

The JDM CTR on the other hand is built purely for performance.

Turbocharged

Can I know your age? How is the car's performance and comfort?

37. i didnt got the car thou cos that time it was more expensive than the JDM. but i did manage to test drive the car. futuristic lookin internal. torquey enough to zip around but you dont feel its that fast like the JDM version. its really depend on what you want. if you going for more power, JDM is the one but too common and uncomfortable. if going for look and decend power, UK CTR. i think with $30+K OMV and pricing around $90K. this sound like a good buy as compare to last time a 1.5L honda Fit was going around this price [thumbsdown]

Thanks.

Cheap? Watch this and u'll noe y.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKcShDTYb4Q...feature=related

Neutral Newbie

ahhh all u guys know is compare the car via this topgear vid or the other fifth gear vid...do u actually know that the FN2R won the Top gear Hot hatch of the Year award and it happens to be tiff needle's and also the STIG's favourite hatch? hmm one jeremy clarkson bashing and u decided to give a verdict on the ride itself...have u tried driving it?

If u want the extra power and u want the fn2r overall experience..there are always aftermarket mods around,u can always get abit of extra performance with just abit more but u cant change how ur car looks and the fn2r is really a beautiful car imo....more of an aquired taste..some find it fugly,some find it a looker...

N.a cars were never really about hp figures in the first place,wanna be a big muscle ,go for t.c cars...i always enjoyed driving n.a vtec cars...the smooth power delivery and the high revving nature of vtec engines....u wanna talk abt the torsion bar rear suspension,most european hatches are on it as well...heck its a much more reliable platform than independent likages if u know ur stuff well...i aint getting defensive but the fn2r is a great car and unless u've tried one or own one, there shouldnt be any "online" comparission via paper value or some track test...

IF ur a hardcore trackie/weekend warrior then go for the FD2R, if not the FN2r is really great as a performance car for everyday usage....And YES i Have driven both fd2r and fn2r many times enough to give the above comments...wont recommand the fd2r as a everyday car but it can be solved via a decent set of coilovers..similarly...the shortcommings of the fn2r can be easily solved with just abit more out of ur pocket...Your wallet,your decission...

If everything were just abt paper values n track tests...Many cars wont be selling...Think about it =)

Edited by Wrxy

ahhh all u guys know is compare the car via this topgear vid or the other fifth gear vid...do u actually know that the FN2R won the Top gear Hot hatch of the Year award and it happens to be tiff needle's and also the STIG's favourite hatch? hmm one jeremy clarkson bashing and u decided to give a verdict on the ride itself...have u tried driving it?

If u want the extra power and u want the fn2r overall experience..there are always aftermarket mods around,u can always get abit of extra performance with just abit more but u cant change how ur car looks and the fn2r is really a beautiful car imo....more of an aquired taste..some find it fugly,some find it a looker...

N.a cars were never really about hp figures in the first place,wanna be a big muscle ,go for t.c cars...i always enjoyed driving n.a vtec cars...the smooth power delivery and the high revving nature of vtec engines....u wanna talk abt the torsion bar rear suspension,most european hatches are on it as well...heck its a much more reliable platform than independent likages if u know ur stuff well...i aint getting defensive but the fn2r is a great car and unless u've tried one or own one, there shouldnt be any "online" comparission via paper value or some track test...

IF ur a hardcore trackie/weekend warrior then go for the FD2R, if not the FN2r is really great as a performance car for everyday usage....And YES i Have driven both fd2r and fn2r many times enough to give the above comments...wont recommand the fd2r as a everyday car but it can be solved via a decent set of coilovers..similarly...the shortcommings of the fn2r can be easily solved with just abit more out of ur pocket...Your wallet,your decission...

If everything were just abt paper values n track tests...Many cars wont be selling...Think about it =)

Bro, Is it wrong to hilight the short coming of the FN2R? U did mention shorting coming....as well?And u mentioned need to mod and resolve with abit more from pocket, that would easily void the warranty? Posting the vid so TS noe what is expected is not comparing via TG.

Happy New Year!

Thanks.

i am paying $1350 50% NCD age 32. The excess is $2000. which i just paid. Some axxxxxe ram my butt n i hit the one infront. If the car is 90k now. my advise is go get it cause i paid 105k for it.

Negative points.

1) My advise is if you ferry lots of plp everyday don't get FN cause quite a hassle to move the seats every time plp wants to get out.

2) Gear knorb gets very hot after parking in the hot sun. bloody hot! (can always change it)

3) Sit belt always get caught at the sit adjustment lever. (cannot do anything about this)

4) If you wants to race with other performance car PLPLSSSSS DON"T GET A FN. Go get a TC car more mods. EVO, STI even a GTI will eat u for breakfast.

Plus Point. Just one Short Summary.

I maybe expecting a baby soon, I asked my wife if she will like to drive an auto, i was thinking of changing to the new EVO. She said don't want, she is very satisfied with it.

I mean if she can have fun with a FN i bet U will like it too. VTEC roar = Satisfaction. I drove the new AUDI TT before for a while, seriously i prefer the honda a lot more. There is more driver involvement. I had never regreting getting the FN but only heart pain to see the price fall so much.

Neutral Newbie

37. i didnt got the car thou cos that time it was more expensive than the JDM. but i did manage to test drive the car. futuristic lookin internal. torquey enough to zip around but you dont feel its that fast like the JDM version. its really depend on what you want. if you going for more power, JDM is the one but too common and uncomfortable. if going for look and decend power, UK CTR. i think with $30+K OMV and pricing around $90K. this sound like a good buy as compare to last time a 1.5L honda Fit was going around this price [thumbsdown]

Hi,

You mean KM allow test drive for the Type R? I'm interested to get this car... but may be a 2nd hand unit.

↡ Advertisement