Nissan Teana Experience

Kalmath

Teana has been launched for a few months, it will be good if the drivers in this forum can share their experience on the car in terms of:

-vehicle handling
-engine and transmission
-fuel consumption
-soundproofing/noise
-issues encountered

For drivers who have also driven cars in similar class e.g. Accord, Camry, Mondeo, your comparison comments will be valuable.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

handling better old camry (thai led taillamp), lose mondeo

engine better than camry/mondeo asuming

fc worse than camry, on par mondeo

soundproofing pretty good

• Praise 3

handling better old camry (thai led taillamp), lose mondeo

engine better than camry/mondeo asuming

fc worse than camry, on par mondeo

soundproofing pretty good

In terms of comfort level, equipment level and sound proofing, Cefiro or Teana is confirmed better than any Jap 2 litre cars out there.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Teana has been launched for a few months, it will be good if the drivers in this forum can share their experience on the car in terms of:

-vehicle handling

-engine and transmission

-fuel consumption

-soundproofing/noise

-issues encountered

For drivers who have also driven cars in similar class e.g. Accord, Camry, Mondeo, your comparison comments will be valuable.

I took delivery of the Teana 250XV a few weeks ago so this is my comments.

Vehicle handling

I took about 2 weeks to get used to the vehicle handling, esp since I was driving the Focus before and I felt the steering on the Teana was too light. Also from the Focus to the Teana, there is a change in the vehicle size, so I had to take some time to be more comfortable during steering and parking.

- Engine and transmission

V6 engine. Super smooth and creamy. You will not have trouble overtaking cars. Transmission is CVT. Hence during pickup, you can hear the CVT whine. You can minimise it if you are light footed during pickup.

- Fuel consumption

Not very good. Although the FC is reported to have improved from the previous gen Cefiro, however I am now only getting around 9km/l during the run-in period now. Maybe will improve in future when I switch to fully syn engine oil.

- Soundproofing/noise

For soundproofing, it is very well done. Minimal road noise, even at high speed. You can see that they have added quite a lot of sound proofing padding to the bonnet etc. The 250 engine helps as well, because even when I am crusing at 100km/h, the RPM is only around around 1.8 to 1.9k RPM.

-Issues encountered

Stupid rain wipers will jutter after 5 mins, not sure why as well. It is always smooth and silent when I start to use it, but around 5 mins into it, it stats to jutter. Will check with AD during servicing.

Among the same cars in its class, like the Camry, Accord and Mondeo, this would definately be the most comfortable. I test drove all the 4 of them before I decided on the Teana. I didnt pick the Camry coz it is a 2 year old model, and likely this year they may have facelift version. Accord I didn't like the center console, too many buttons and the wordings on the buttons also very big. Mondeo I really like the exterior and handling and it handles as well as my Focus, but interior comfort not as good as what I wish for. As comfort is important to me, I picked the Teana.

Having said that, I feel for the 4 cars, Teana, Camry, Accord, and Mondeo, they are suited to people with different priorities and expectation. If you want the feeling of luxury and comfort, get Teana. Sportiness, get the Accord. If handling is very important, then get the Mondeo. All rounded, get the Camry.

SGCarMart published their own review on the car a few weeks back. Read it here.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=75

• Praise 2

Vehicle handling

I took about 2 weeks to get used to the vehicle handling, esp since I was driving the Focus before and I felt the steering on the Teana was too light. Also from the Focus to the Teana, there is a change in the vehicle size, so I had to take some time to be more comfortable during steering and parking.

V6 engine. Super smooth and creamy. You will not have trouble overtaking cars. Transmission is CVT. Hence during pickup, you can hear the CVT whine. You can minimise it if you are light footed during pickup.

- Fuel consumption

Not very good. Although the FC is reported to have improved from the previous gen Cefiro, however I am now only getting around 9km/l during the run-in period now. Maybe will improve in future when I switch to fully syn engine oil.

- Soundproofing/noise

For soundproofing, it is very well done. Minimal road noise, even at high speed. You can see that they have added quite a lot of sound proofing padding to the bonnet etc. The 250 engine helps as well, because even when I am crusing at 100km/h, the RPM is only around around 1.8 to 1.9k RPM.

-Issues encountered

Stupid rain wipers will jutter after 5 mins, not sure why as well. It is always smooth and silent when I start to use it, but around 5 mins into it, it stats to jutter. Will check with AD during servicing.

Among the same cars in its class, like the Camry, Accord and Mondeo, this would definately be the most comfortable. I test drove all the 4 of them before I decided on the Teana. I didnt pick the Camry coz it is a 2 year old model, and likely this year they may have facelift version. Accord I didn't like the center console, too many buttons and the wordings on the buttons also very big. Mondeo I really like the exterior and handling and it handles as well as my Focus, but interior comfort not as good as what I wish for. As comfort is important to me, I picked the Teana.

Having said that, I feel for the 4 cars, Teana, Camry, Accord, and Mondeo, they are suited to people with different priorities and expectation. If you want the feeling of luxury and comfort, get Teana. Sportiness, get the Accord. If handling is very important, then get the Mondeo. All rounded, get the Camry.

Congrats! Teana is indeed a very handsome looking car. Elegant yet not too ah-pek looking (like the cefiro [lipsrsealed] ) Thats the car i'm looking at being able to drive in 3 years time [rolleyes]

• Praise 3

there was a road show at bukit panjang plaza the last few days, went to sit in the teana... very comfy leh the leather seats...got money sure upgrade to that....

• Praise 2

the leather seats colour no good.........very easy to get dirty.

Same colour as the Cefiro seats but the seats are 3 layers which is very hugging and comfortable.

• Praise 1

Took delivery of a 350XV 3 weeks ago, last two cars were also Cefiros (A32 and J31); have not driven or sat in an accord, camry or mondeo thus I can't comment.

My personal opinions are between the Teana, A32 and J31.

vehicle handling

- Improvement over the previous two models, the new "D platform" and suspension set-up helps I suppose.

- Car no longer bottom out over speed humps, muffler scraps are now a thing of the past.

- Steering still a tad too light.

engine and transmission

- Engine is silky smooth and responsive at low revs, spins below 1800rpm at 100km/h.

- CVT gearbox whines a little and requires some getting used to.

- Have not tried manual mode.

fuel consumption

- Done 1900+km so far, FC is about 8.5km/L.

soundproofing/noise

- Better than its predecessors.

issues encountered

- Slight rattling issue resolved during first servicing, noise was caused by poor positioning of reverse sensor module by local installer.

I personally feel that built quality has improved over the J31, buttons and trimmings have a tactile feel and the use of hard plastics has been greatly reduced.

Only disappointment is bonnet is no longer supported by gas shocks. On top of that, there are no options for factory fitted GPS, reverse camera and BOSE sound system.

Edited by Garlic
  • Praise 3

(edited)

Vehicle handling

- Fuel consumption

- Soundproofing/noise

-Issues encountered

Teana is overall a good car. 2 months, 3000km and I am happy with it. Fuel consumption around 9.5 - 10.5km/l, considering good for a 2.5 liter car during running-in period on mineral oil.

However, I do have higher expectation from Nissan on the following areas:

CVT Transmission:

It does not seems to be as smooth as expected probably due to the Adaptive Shift Control? In particular when driving at the speed of around 40km/h, the torque converter is fully locked in and the rpm is around 1k. I feel the car has a lots of power, but becomes a bit "jerky" as it is overly sensitive in respond to the accelerator.

Engine:

The V6 engine, although is smooth, not as quiet. During idling, the engine sound can be heard with very slight vibration.

Soundproofing:

Acceptable insulation in general, however, on some Expressway, e.g. AYE (westbound towards Tuas before NUS). The road noise can be high. Could be due to the Dunlop tyre. Not sure if it will be quieter on Michelin Energy of Bridgestone GR80.

I do agree with you on the rain wiper, only smooth on the first few days of usage. Intend to change to the BOSCH aero twin if it can fit.

Anyone has similar experience above?

Edited by Kalmath
  • Praise 1

I cleaned the windscreen with vinegar followed by a glass polish, wiper blades were washed with mild detergent. Seems to work as judder is gone. I suppose its caused by trim dressing which gets splattered around by the rain.

Do you hear a faint humming static noise coming from the left front passenger air vent? Checked with TCM during 1K servicing and was told its normal when ionizer is in operation.

Checked with "Admin" and TCM's test vehicles, all of them have this faint noise.

i am so envious that u all own a V6 teana!

especially garlic, the teana must be a pocket rocket with your 3.5 litre V6.

i think for such luxury and heavy cars, 10km/litre is decent (plus u all still on mineral)

• Praise 3

I cleaned the windscreen with vinegar followed by a glass polish, wiper blades were washed with mild detergent. Seems to work as judder is gone. I suppose its caused by trim dressing which gets splattered around by the rain.

Do you hear a faint humming static noise coming from the left front passenger air vent? Checked with TCM during 1K servicing and was told its normal when ionizer is in operation.

Checked with "Admin" and TCM's test vehicles, all of them have this faint noise.

I have done Nano V Windscreen Treatment and I have no problem driving under heavy rain as you can see water droplets flying off the windscreen, I don't even need to switch on the wiper.

Even with the coating, you will not encounter any wiper judder and any stains on the windscreen.

Thanks for the tips on the wiper.

Yes, I do hear some "static" noise on the front left passenger air vent. But if the car is moving and the radio is on, hardly can hear it.

(edited)

anyway, will the teana hit 12km/litre?

wat about the FC for 2litre engine?

any idea?

It can hit 15km/l if you maintain around 80km/h on highway.

During the holiday season with less traffic on road, 80% highway and 20% city, I get ~11.5km/l.

Edited by Kalmath

(edited)

It can hit 15km/l if you maintain around 80km/h on highway.

During the holiday season with less traffic on road, 80% highway and 20% city, I get ~11.5km/l.

Edited by Kalmath

Teana is overall a good car. 2 months, 3000km and I am happy with it. Fuel consumption around 9.5 - 10.5km/l, considering good for a 2.5 liter car during running-in period on mineral oil.

However, I do have higher expectation from Nissan on the following areas:

CVT Transmission:

It does not seems to be as smooth as expected probably due to the Adaptive Shift Control? In particular when driving at the speed of around 40km/h, the torque converter is fully locked in and the rpm is around 1k. I feel the car has a lots of power, but becomes a bit "jerky" as it is overly sensitive in respond to the accelerator.

Engine:

The V6 engine, although is smooth, not as quiet. During idling, the engine sound can be heard with very slight vibration.

Soundproofing:

Acceptable insulation in general, however, on some Expressway, e.g. AYE (westbound towards Tuas before NUS). The road noise can be high. Could be due to the Dunlop tyre. Not sure if it will be quieter on Michelin Energy of Bridgestone GR80.

I do agree with you on the rain wiper, only smooth on the first few days of usage. Intend to change to the BOSCH aero twin if it can fit.

Kalmath, you are getting 8.5 onwards for 2.5? wah seh good lah

Im only averaging 7.5 to 8km/l.

BUT BUT BUT, mine is 98% city, 2% expressway. haha!

So i guess it's pretty alright.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2