Nissan Teana Experience

Kalmath

I cleaned the windscreen with vinegar followed by a glass polish, wiper blades were washed with mild detergent. Seems to work as judder is gone. I suppose its caused by trim dressing which gets splattered around by the rain.

Do you hear a faint humming static noise coming from the left front passenger air vent? Checked with TCM during 1K servicing and was told its normal when ionizer is in operation.

Checked with "Admin" and TCM's test vehicles, all of them have this faint noise.

Garlic, good that you have moved up the ladder and riding a 3.5 litre swwwwweeet revving v6.

Hmm, hehe!

I guess not all cars are perfect. So some noise here and there can be excused. hehe

Kopi someday!

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

I have a 3 month old Teana 2.5. This is my 3rd "Cefiro", had a 200JK, a FL 230JM prior to the teana. I get 10.6 km/L now, 70% Highway and 30% City. Can I find out if your indicator clicks when you switch it on and turn the steering wheel slightly to the direction the indicator is switched on to? I tried the test drive ones and they have the same problem. Very irritating.

• Praise 2

Congrats! Teana is indeed a very handsome looking car. Elegant yet not too ah-pek looking (like the cefiro [lipsrsealed] ) Thats the car i'm looking at being able to drive in 3 years time [rolleyes]

u so young dun buy teana lar.... 20yrs later then get, now upgrade your Mazda2 to Mazda6

• Praise 1

How do you find the noise intrusion into the Cabin from the Wheel? As I mentioned in my previous post, on some road surface, especially some part of AYE/PIE in the west, the road is very rough and the car can get a bit noisy. Hope to hear on your opinion on the following:

1). I gathered that the soundproofing on Teana is considered good, anyone can share their experience on other cars (e.g. camry, accord or lexus) regarding noise level on these expressway?

2). Anyone has replaced their Original Dunlop 270 with Michelin Energy or Bridgestone GR80? is it quieter?

I read an article in HK "Car Plus" magazine, November 2008, Bridgestone GR-80 is standard on the Teana, and the reviewer commented Teana quietness on the road is comparable to Lexus.

• Praise 1

How do you find the noise intrusion into the Cabin from the Wheel? As I mentioned in my previous post, on some road surface, especially some part of AYE/PIE in the west, the road is very rough and the car can get a bit noisy. Hope to hear on your opinion on the following:

1). I gathered that the soundproofing on Teana is considered good, anyone can share their experience on other cars (e.g. camry, accord or lexus) regarding noise level on these expressway?

2). Anyone has replaced their Original Dunlop 270 with Michelin Energy or Bridgestone GR80? is it quieter?

I read an article in HK "Car Plus" magazine, November 2008, Bridgestone GR-80 is standard on the Teana, and the reviewer commented Teana quietness on the road is comparable to Lexus.

I guess you still can hear some of the road noise on certain part of the roads even with a Merz or BMW which has extremely good sound proofing, at least it is not as noisy compared to those cars without even sound proofing especially those models with "T" & "H" logo as they focus more on FC instead of interior comfort.

Edited by Tas0577
  • Praise 1

Hi, I'm new here. Owned a 2005 230JM Cefiro before. Also owned a Sylphy 2.0 (for wife) and just got dlelivery of Teana 250XV 3 weeks ago.

I noticed that both the Sylphy 2.0 and 230JM Cefiro's suspensions were tuned for 'full' comfort. So we didn't feel the road and hear the road noise so much. But due to pressure from the market by Honda (and those sports enthusiast) I strongly suspect Teana 250XV 's suspension has compromised the comfort with a bit more sporty. It's even more pronounced in the 350XV which I considered but declined because of the sporty suspension.

Of course, it did not help that our stock tyres are also sporty, hence more noise. Changing tyres may reduce thiis problem.

Wonderful thing about Teana 250XV suspension is I could negotiate the ECP exit to Rochor bend at 70km/h confidently and comfortably, without stepping on the brakes! Also felt that our suspension felt more like the Merc E series now.

• Praise 1

i tested the Teana 200 and it was a piece of crap!!! the engine made so much noise, plus the car is severely underpowered!!! it rolls so much in the corners, i almost went to the opposite side of the car and the ride is bumpy!!! interior quality is quite poor i must say...the 2.5V6 shouldn't be that much different besides the quieter engine...what kind of car is this???

• Praise 1

i tested the Teana 200 and it was a piece of crap!!! the engine made so much noise, plus the car is severely underpowered!!! it rolls so much in the corners, i almost went to the opposite side of the car and the ride is bumpy!!! interior quality is quite poor i must say...the 2.5V6 shouldn't be that much different besides the quieter engine...what kind of car is this???

I am not sure if are you comparing Teana with Maybach / Bentley. For a car within 100k in Singapore, I don't think Teana is that bad.

if a teana you can also complain until like that, then you must be a luxury car owner........or maybe you just complain for the sake of it.

if a teana you can also complain until like that, then you must be a luxury car owner........or maybe you just complain for the sake of it.

Aiya, Bro, this forum mah, say anything one can say, like test drive Zonta, like crap blah blah....Tested A380, did not like it also, cannot spray Gold for me.

• Praise 1

Only people driving a super luxury 4-5 litre car will make such comments. Since you test drove only the 2 litre and not even the 2.5 litre, then my only conclusion is that you are definitely not a super luxury car owner and most probably a envious owner of tom yam Camry or Accord.

Compared to its competition (Camry & Accord) , the 2.5 V6 has been voted the best car amongst the 3 by Torque magazine, the best value for money car in its category by a group of journalists polled by SPH , favourite luxury car by AA's Highway car, etc. Many more to come as not all of them have done a comparison yet.

For me the 2.5V6 is the best value for money car in its price category. Even compared to luxury makes like the BMW 5 series which I have sat in many times, it makes one wonder why are people willing to pay 80-90k more just for a marginally better car. You get someone who knows nothing about cars and the status attached to BMW 5 or Mercedes 200 series and he will conclude that the these cars should be worth not more than 20-30k than the Teana 250XV and on par with the 104k 350XV.

• Praise 1

Hi, I'm new here. Owned a 2005 230JM Cefiro before. Also owned a Sylphy 2.0 (for wife) and just got dlelivery of Teana 250XV 3 weeks ago.

I noticed that both the Sylphy 2.0 and 230JM Cefiro's suspensions were tuned for 'full' comfort. So we didn't feel the road and hear the road noise so much. But due to pressure from the market by Honda (and those sports enthusiast) I strongly suspect Teana 250XV 's suspension has compromised the comfort with a bit more sporty. It's even more pronounced in the 350XV which I considered but declined because of the sporty suspension.

Of course, it did not help that our stock tyres are also sporty, hence more noise. Changing tyres may reduce thiis problem.

Wonderful thing about Teana 250XV suspension is I could negotiate the ECP exit to Rochor bend at 70km/h confidently and comfortably, without stepping on the brakes! Also felt that our suspension felt more like the Merc E series now.

Given a choice I would have preferred the 230JM suspension set-up on the Teana. Some part of the comfort has been compromised. Also the larger 17" and lower profile 55 tyres make the uneven road surface quite obvious apart from increased road noise. This is the first time I am driving on 55 profile tyres and it makes me wonder how uncomfortable it must be driving cars with 18" 50 and lesser profile tyres. I changed my tyres to Yokohama DNA DB, which are one of the quietest in the market but the reduction in road noise was very marginal (means the stock tyres are already reasonably quiet despite a more sportier profile) though the car felt significantly smoother. I was surprised that the tyres made so much difference in the smoothness of the car - like driving a V6 after driving a 4 cylinder. I tried getting 60 profile tyres in 17" but could not find suitable ones and was told it may not fit the Teana. That would have made the ride more comfortable.

Handling has certainly improved but then again drivers who buy cars like Teana need not have fantastic handling cars. On Singapore roads, matured level headed drivers will hardly utilise 30% of the handling abilities of their sports cars. During my 3 years ownership of the Cefiro 230JM, not once did I nearly lost control of the car due to its supposedly below average handling despite occasional aggressive driving.

FC still sucks leh

You mean average of 9.5km/l for a 2.5 litre V6 sucks? This is comparable to the fc of the 2.4 litre Camry. This is why people blindly continue buying its inferior competitors thinking Teana/Cefiro fc is bad. It was bad with the earlier models but no longer is. In any case what is $30-$40 more in petrol bills a month if you can afford a 100k car. Singaporeans are very myopic.

You mean average of 9.5km/l for a 2.5 litre V6 sucks? This is comparable to the fc of the 2.4 litre Camry. This is why people blindly continue buying its inferior competitors thinking Teana/Cefiro fc is bad. It was bad with the earlier models but no longer is. In any case what is $30-$40 more in petrol bills a month if you can afford a 100k car. Singaporeans are very myopic.

I agree with you bro

can't stand those people who make a big hoooohaa over 0.5km-1km/l increase in consumption. wah piang.

can pay 90k for a car like dat, den wanna make so much noise.

If you driving Chery qq, Den i got nth to say. sigh.!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1