Nissan Teana Experience

Kalmath

Given a choice I would have preferred the 230JM suspension set-up on the Teana. Some part of the comfort has been compromised. Also the larger 17" and lower profile 55 tyres make the uneven road surface quite obvious apart from increased road noise. This is the first time I am driving on 55 profile tyres and it makes me wonder how uncomfortable it must be driving cars with 18" 50 and lesser profile tyres. I changed my tyres to Yokohama DNA DB, which are one of the quietest in the market but the reduction in road noise was very marginal (means the stock tyres are already reasonably quiet despite a more sportier profile) though the car felt significantly smoother. I was surprised that the tyres made so much difference in the smoothness of the car - like driving a V6 after driving a 4 cylinder. I tried getting 60 profile tyres in 17" but could not find suitable ones and was told it may not fit the Teana. That would have made the ride more comfortable.

Handling has certainly improved but then again drivers who buy cars like Teana need not have fantastic handling cars. On Singapore roads, matured level headed drivers will hardly utilise 30% of the handling abilities of their sports cars. During my 3 years ownership of the Cefiro 230JM, not once did I nearly lost control of the car due to its supposedly below average handling despite occasional aggressive driving.

I prefer the 230JM comfort suspension too, especially with the combination of the superior seats of 250XV. You're right, I never had any handling problem with the 230JM suspension despite occasional aggressive driving.

Thanks for the info on your tyres upgrade. Will consider Bridgestone GR80 later.

↡ Advertisement

FC still sucks leh

For consistent 70%highway and 30%city, my previous 230JM averaged 11km/l throughout its 3plus years. Currently, during breaking-in of 250XV, I saw the meter showing 11.8km/l for the first full tank of petrol. [flowerface]

For consistent 70%highway and 30%city, my previous 230JM averaged 11km/l throughout its 3plus years. Currently, during breaking-in of 250XV, I saw the meter showing 11.8km/l for the first full tank of petrol. [flowerface]

Wow! Ur foot must be realli light...

You mean average of 9.5km/l for a 2.5 litre V6 sucks? This is comparable to the fc of the 2.4 litre Camry. This is why people blindly continue buying its inferior competitors thinking Teana/Cefiro fc is bad. It was bad with the earlier models but no longer is. In any case what is $30-$40 more in petrol bills a month if you can afford a 100k car. Singaporeans are very myopic.

Nissan is an underdog compared to Toyota/Honda. A lot of people don't checkout the competition before deciding their purchase. They simply trusted in the toyota/Honda brands. That's why Nissan got to work harder and we benefited with a better Teana!

I believe Toyota was better a few years ago. But sadly if you noticed, because they know people trusted the brand, they got complacent. Their models are hardly revolutionary or outstanding, always use old technoloy (eg. current corolla) and for local AD imports, from Thailand some more (same with Honda)! So many disadvantages and yet majority don't bother to checkout. I just saw in the net that Toyota just announced a 2.5l Camry for 2010 model in USA. The rear lights also look similar to Teana. Look, he's just following Nissan!

Hi,

I have a 3 month old Teana 2.5. This is my 3rd "Cefiro", had a 200JK, a FL 230JM prior to the teana. I get 10.6 km/L now, 70% Highway and 30% City. Can I find out if your indicator clicks when you switch it on and turn the steering wheel slightly to the direction the indicator is switched on to? I tried the test drive ones and they have the same problem. Very irritating.

every car have that click. onli thing is the sound. it sound more like a plastic ticking or a softer ticking.

• Praise 2

woah

my best was 9.2km/l

Most of e time is 7.5-8km/l. but its about 95% city driving.

I prefer the 230JM comfort suspension too, especially with the combination of the superior seats of 250XV. You're right, I never had any handling problem with the 230JM suspension despite occasional aggressive driving.

Thanks for the info on your tyres upgrade. Will consider Bridgestone GR80 later.

You should consider the Yokohama DNA DB ES510 as well. According to tyre vendors they are even more quieter than the Birdgestone GR 80. Many people have the perception that the DNA DB ES501 are very bad in the wet. This was the case for the earlier model ES500 as I myself nearly skidded on those tyres in the rain. But after going through 3 sets of the upgraded ES501, I never once experienced any lost of control in the wet. The upgraded ES501 are much improved as compared to ES500 in the wet. It will not give you the confidence of sports tyres but neither will it play you out as long as you don't drive too aggressively when raining.

why people want to buy an oil guzzler when so much more better choices around ah??

cheaper ones and more luxurious ones, but with much better FC plenty wat

• Praise 1

why people want to buy an oil guzzler when so much more better choices around ah??

cheaper ones and more luxurious ones, but with much better FC plenty wat

which model then?

• Praise 1

Nissan is an underdog compared to Toyota/Honda. A lot of people don't checkout the competition before deciding their purchase. They simply trusted in the toyota/Honda brands. That's why Nissan got to work harder and we benefited with a better Teana!

I believe Toyota was better a few years ago. But sadly if you noticed, because they know people trusted the brand, they got complacent. Their models are hardly revolutionary or outstanding, always use old technoloy (eg. current corolla) and for local AD imports, from Thailand some more (same with Honda)! So many disadvantages and yet majority don't bother to checkout. I just saw in the net that Toyota just announced a 2.5l Camry for 2010 model in USA. The rear lights also look similar to Teana. Look, he's just following Nissan!

I am very surprised to see more SJL, SJK Camry's on the road than Teanas despite Teana being a a more superior car (at least the 250XV compared to the 2.4 litre Camry/Accord & being confirmed by many motoring journalists). Most of these people just follow the crowd. Since majority are buying Toyotas and Honda. then better play safe and buy a Toyota or Honda. Since majority are saying the Cefiros are well known for bad fc, then all new models of Cefiros/Teana must also be having bad fc. Most of them have already made up their mind and they simply walk into the showroom, go for a short test drive and walk away with the booking form in their hands. What a pity. When I went for a test drive of the Camry 2.4 , I had hardly left the showroom and I told myself why are people so silly buying a comparatively unrefined car when for the same price they can get a smooth V6 drive. I guess people are more concerned about popularity and brand rather than engine refinement, etc etc.

I had a sprint challenge with the same new Accord 2.4 from 2 consecutive traffic light stops recently. Both times the Accord was outrun. The driver must be wondering how on earth the Accord got ourun by the Teana. He must be one of those who walks into the Honda showroom thinking how on earth can its competitors be better.

I am very surprised to see more SJL, SJK Camry's on the road than Teanas despite Teana being a a more superior car (at least the 250XV compared to the 2.4 litre Camry/Accord & being confirmed by many motoring journalists). Most of these people just follow the crowd. Since majority are buying Toyotas and Honda. then better play safe and buy a Toyota or Honda. Since majority are saying the Cefiros are well known for bad fc, then all new models of Cefiros/Teana must also be having bad fc. Most of them have already made up their mind and they simply walk into the showroom, go for a short test drive and walk away with the booking form in their hands. What a pity. When I went for a test drive of the Camry 2.4 , I had hardly left the showroom and I told myself why are people so silly buying a comparatively unrefined car when for the same price they can get a smooth V6 drive. I guess people are more concerned about popularity and brand rather than engine refinement, etc etc.

I had a sprint challenge with the same new Accord 2.4 from 2 consecutive traffic light stops recently. Both times the Accord was outrun. The driver must be wondering how on earth the Accord got ourun by the Teana. He must be one of those who walks into the Honda showroom thinking how on earth can its competitors be better.

well, to SG buyer

Honda = power = VTEC>>> remember VTEC

Toyota = good FC = VVTi>>remember VVTi

Nissan = nothing>>bo power=drinker

when camry 2.4 give u 9km/l >> it's damn good

but Teana 2.5 give u also 9km/l>>NB, drinker

Honda 2.4 give also 9km/l>>is ok, it's Powerful car

You can't depend on the meter to give you the average consumption. The meter only shows the average fc for the last 40-50kms or so . The best way to get average fc is to do it manually. Fill up the tank competely, reset the mileage meter and then at the next top up see how many kms travelled divided by litres pumped in. I think the average for majority should fall in the 9 -10km/l range.

well, to SG buyer

Very good summary of the thought process of most buyers considering these models. Tan Chong will need a miracle to change people's deeply set wrong perceptions.

well, to SG buyer

Nissan ranked fuel drinker all the reason due to sunny, besides sunny others are not much diff from their competitors [thumbsup]

because sunny is too long life :D

You can't depend on the meter to give you the average consumption. The meter only shows the average fc for the last 40-50kms or so . The best way to get average fc is to do it manually. Fill up the tank competely, reset the mileage meter and then at the next top up see how many kms travelled divided by litres pumped in. I think the average for majority should fall in the 9 -10km/l range.

I used your way with the previous 230JM, because no choice. But Teana 250XV has this readout, that whenever you reset the mileage meter, it resets and then average the whole duration of your drive, be it many days later on an accmulative count until the next reset. I reset my meter just after pumping the tank. I will counter check using the manual way the next time I pump.

• Praise 1

I'm sure that will also be another version of Accord outrunning a Teana. Driver counts too.

Regards,

• Praise 1

I'm sure that will also be another version of Accord outrunning a Teana. Driver counts too.

Regards,

Not tat I wan to "protect" Nissan but wad role does the driver play a part when its straight line and both r auto cars? [lipsrsealed]

Besides, I wun be surprised if Nissan doesnt do well in 0-100 sprints, our focus has always been comfort.

• Praise 1

Nissan ranked fuel drinker all the reason due to sunny, besides sunny others are not much diff from their competitors [thumbsup]

because sunny is too long life :D

I think the image of Sunny has already been deeply embeded in most drivers' minds, i.e. cheap but heavy drinker despite of its lightest weight among the Japanese peers then. To me, I think Nissan needs to introduce better designed bread and butter cars with better bhp/torque than the competition to win back customers. Hyundai and Kia are doing it and they proved that this is indeed a winning formula. Comfort which most claimed is Nissan Forte, can be easily done, even Korean made better and comfortable bread and butter cars these days.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement