Nissan Teana Experience

Kalmath

I  drove a teena in Thailand  for a week. 

Returned back and changed my Sharan to a saloon not long after. 

A saloon driving position is still the most ideal  for me. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

Brother, thanks for the information but strangely that I observe many who driven the Mercedes or BMW cannot handle their car well which sometimes occupy one and half lane when driving on the road or the car can be either swinging left and right within the lane. That really amazed me on the handling of such vehicles.

Conti cars like Merc or BMW got 1 major issue too..............99% of the time, their signal is not working  [:p]

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Conti cars definitely have reliability issues. Anything can break at any time, even on a brand new car, expect to do a lot of warranty work. But the only reason it isn't completely crossed out of the list is, "the driving experience". Nothing beats the quality of the ride and handling. Most would support and love Japanese cars as diehard fans, but maybe the reason is, always driven Japanese cars before and never driven conti. Try for a week, and then back to Japanese cars, most would be unable to.

I like to say Japanese cars is like a plastic chair sold at supermarkets, cheap and easy to maintain, however you throw it, in many years, it's still the same. German cars is like a leather sofa, you can indulge in it, but prone to be scratch, poked, etc. In just 1 year, already damaged and old. Ready to be changed out.

Teana already consider the top of the Japanese in terms of comfort, nvh, etc. I personally like the throttle and brake feel, way better than camry's sponginess. However, still incomparable to the german cars. The way the car handles and rides over the road, just gives you a smile that Japanese cars can't do.

Cheap cost, reliability = Japanese cars

Ultimate driving pleasure = German cars

German car parts usually cost 3x+ more than Japanese. And reliability goes anywhere from months to 3 years. From brand new car, can have engine parts go broken, a/c not working well, starting problems in colder months, etc. Anything not possible to be broken in 5 years of ownership for Japanese cars, CAN go wrong anytime in German cars. A lot of headache really, but it's a trade off. If I had all the money I need, I would choose German cars over Japanese cars any day without thinking. The quality of the drive really is addictive. But if want hassle-free owner experience, car starts everytime, change car parts according to maintenance, Japanese cars very safe bet.

Have you ever owned a conti? Says who that the part cost is 3x Japanese? What a joke.

Brother, thanks for the information but strangely that I observe many who driven the Mercedes or BMW cannot handle their car well which sometimes occupy one and half lane when driving on the road or the car can be either swinging left and right within the lane. That really amazed me on the handling of such vehicles.

Hahahaha, totally understand. Same with how they "need" to park in two parking stalls instead of staying inside one. That's the thing with this world, good cars doesn't necessary own by good drivers. Same with women, good women usually with "not so good" guys, and bad women always with nice good guys hahahaha.

With conti cars, when you hold the steering wheel through turns, it's very needle sharp precise, no awkward shakes or insecurity. Basically can feel the feedback from the road very precisely. This enhances the fun factor already, as opposed to "dull/numb" steering. Off all the Japanese cars, in my opinion, Toyota is the worst in this category. Often times whether it's turning at medium speed or etc., the wheels actually move the steering wheel. As opposed to the steering wheel controlling the wheel. This factor alone is very important to me.

Next is the suspension. Teana is already tuned to very comfort, almost perfection balance, so no complaints about that. But what's even better is to have a suspension that is stiff (no wobbles or vibration on normal roads, especially on highway must be glued to the pavement feel) and able to soak shocks in a high quality manner. People in your car don't bounce up and down like monkeys lol, just 1 bounce and finish.

These 2 points alone, can be a reason to choose german cars over Japanese but of course comes at the cost of unreliability and higher budget required. I still believe every buyer has their own perspective in their car choice, so every car in the market out there will suit someone.

Conti cars like Merc or BMW got 1 major issue too..............99% of the time, their signal is not working  [:p]

The turning lever snapped off when the driver tried to use it. :D

Walau say until jap cars can do anything but fly.

For those that has never own a conti before and has no knowledge of what the ownership entails,

better not says things that make one look silly.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

For those that has never own a conti before and has no knowledge of what the ownership entails,

Think mid year exams just finished.
  • Praise 4

What he says isn't completely untrue. Maybe a bit extreme, but if we're generalising then Japanese cars are more reliable than their European counterparts. But equally their European counterparts are more overengineered and largely are better driver vehicles.

For most informed buyers, they need to balance if they are willing to pay 30% more for the prestige and complexity of a Continental Car, versus Japanese which are 80% as good a car, but more reliable.

All generalisations of course.

In saying that, 95% drivers have no idea how to harness the performance of a car anyway. How many times I've seen drivers of Porsches, BMW M, Merc AMG etc in SG try to drive fast. To them, fast means stomp on the accelerator on the straights (well exceeding the speed limit), then slow down to a crawl at the hint of any corner, while following the opposite of what a racing line would be.

• Praise 3

A lot of silly things here. They praise teana to perfection and downgrade conti cars to problematic. These jokers really make my day
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

My J32 250XV is expiring in 4+ months.

Had been shopping for a replacement over the past 6 months, but nothing gave me enough impulse to sign.

Not considering the continental makes. Nothing against them. It is just a personal choice, or maybe due to my limited budget?

In any case, painstakingly maintained and with a low 110k+ mileage, a COE renewal is becoming an increasing possibility.

The V6 is too addictive.

V6 are nice,if you got limited budget & you like a new V6,can buy the P.I. Toyota Mark-X...

V6 are nice,if you got limited budget & you like a new V6,can buy the P.I. Toyota Mark-X...

The V6 in Nissan is much more smoother and refined compared to the Toyota V6 engine as Nissan V6 engine won many awards, do give it a try on both to compare the difference if you have the chance.

Twincharged
(edited)

The V6 in Nissan is much more smoother and refined compared to the Toyota V6 engine as Nissan V6 engine won many awards, do give it a try on both to compare the difference if you have the chance.

Haha,i drove the 370z for 9.5 Years,maybe,it is a high performance engine...VQ 37 VHR....not very smooth,compared to my current BMW in Line 6...

Edited by ER-3682
  • Praise 1

Haha,i drove the 370z for 9.5 Years,maybe,it is a high performance engine...VQ 37 VHR....not very smooth,compared to my current BMW in Line 6...

I see. I am referring to the V6 in Teana versus the one in Toyota.
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

My J32 250XV is expiring in 4+ months.

Had been shopping for a replacement over the past 6 months, but nothing gave me enough impulse to sign.

Not considering the continental makes. Nothing against them. It is just a personal choice, or maybe due to my limited budget?

In any case, painstakingly maintained and with a low 110k+ mileage, a COE renewal is becoming an increasing possibility.

The V6 is too addictive.

Trust me. The best replacement for Teana, is another Teana.

A lot of people are going to hammer me, I know.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Don't think the PIs are bringing in anymore.

Trust me. The best replacement for Teana, is another Teana.

A lot of people are going to hammer me, I know.

I had the chance to ride in a L33. To be honest, it was disappointing. Edited by Sfour
  • Praise 1

someone mentioned the ODO was tampered.....btw depre 15k bro...v 9k for teana.

If wan Vsex with luxury , this model is abt right..

If ODO tampered, then forget abt it..

But pls check the facts right before uttering hearsay here..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2