Nissan Teana Experience

Kalmath

On 6/4/2019 at 10:36 AM, Cicj said:

Simply put, if I have two cars. It would be one Japanese and one Conti. Why no two conti? Like oceanmist points out clearly, problematic. From my decades of owning different car makes, for Japanese cars, rarely any significant major issues with the car's design. Maybe 1-2 minor problems max and it's usually rectify immediately at the dealership. With conti, it's completely different. From brand new, anything can go wrong as stated earlier, from simple a/c operation, electronic faults (requiring resets), engine/transmission, etc. All design faults, not due to wear and tear. From personal experience dealership was never able to rectify the problem immediately, always tell a story. Honest ones would admit the fault but require Germany's solution before proceeding which can take months to years because "We've never seen this problem before!". It's as if the design was in a perfect world, too fragile for the unlimited different conditions the real world has. Could be Japanese cars have been tested in extreme hot and cold weathers, and strengthened beyond those conditions even. But conti concentrated too much on quality and the driving experience but not so much on "durability".

Why not 2 Japanese cars? Because it's just completely different level of luxury. Being in a Japanese car, and hop in a conti car, wow... just awe. Be in it, to know it. Not the looks, not the badge, the feel of how the car moves from A to B. But... I won't trust it. If I need to go somewhere far from the city, I'll choose the Japanese car without a doubt.

Eventually, you talked too much sensible stuffs and reality until it could make conti owners to be amazed. Awesome Bro.

↡ Advertisement

Hi ALL,
I'm seeking advice for abnormal sound my car generates.
In fact, car generating sound when reverse especially breaking time. ONLY REVERSE TIME!
No issue when moving forward or normal driving until 100KM/HR.

If 1 - 10 for honk level sound, the sound is pretty noisy @ 4 and worsening.

I believe, if something scratching break-disk or somewhere, sound should be heard when moving forward. But my case is different.
REVERSE - SOUND
FORWARD DRIVING - NO SOUND AT ALL - VERY SMOOTH 

Before I go & consult with mechanic, please share you experience on TEANA similar abnormal sound.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.   

MY CAR SPECIFICATION AND DATA.

Make/model
NISSAN / TEANA 2.0 XL CVT

Year of Manufacture:2015

On 6/10/2019 at 9:10 AM, Benchong05 said:

Everyone's preference and purpose of owning a car are different so if you prefer the driving experience and handling over the reliability and durability then Continental vehicles are your choice for sure.

For me, I will prefer the reliability and durability which gives me peace of mind as long as I went for regular maintenance, my car will not break down due to some electronics failure suddenly and it really serve its purpose to transport me from Point A to B as that is my main purpose of owning a car.

Below are my sharing of my latest interior lighting to share with fellow Teana owners, you can find it under the Cosmetics Section as well.

post-129209-0-65909500-1560128997_thumb.jpg

post-129209-0-59742000-1560129004_thumb.jpg

post-129209-0-05052600-1560129010_thumb.jpg

How long have u owned this teana 

On 11/16/2023 at 8:37 AM, Jamesc said:

At least since 2019.

Wonder if his dashboard melted already or not?

4 Years...maybe Car went to Scrapyard already.

• Haha! 1

On 11/16/2023 at 9:14 AM, Jamesc said:

Camry supporter asking about Teana!

Switching sides?

:D

Teana...no more selling...anyway Nissan CVT sucks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1