Nissan Teana Experience

Kalmath

So you figured that what you think is best, is not in line with what others think??

Different people have different preference mah.

I for one, will never consider Teana or Cefiro until they look better. V8 also no use. What I buy must look good to myself when I see it everyday. Of course they may look great to others. No offense.

You buy a car just based on looks alone? If all buyers are like you, car manufacturers can become very rich. They just need to give it a beautiful exterior and save $$ on the rest. Get the best designers and pay peanuts to the engineers.

I thought the concept "value for money" is very important to Singapore or perhaps it does not apply to cars and that is where Singaporeans become blind.

↡ Advertisement

don't know Accord, but I belive Teana's sprint should win over Camry [lipsrsealed]

Camry 2.4 can even beat the Accord 2.4 in the sprint. The new Accord is quite dissapointing in this area. It's pick is quite lethargic unlike the earlier models. There was a posting in another thread earlier where tests in China showed the 3 cars with the following times in the 0-100 sprint.

Teana 250XV - 9 secs

Camry 2.4 - 9.73 secs

Accord 2.4 - 10.5 secs

Camry 2.4 can even beat the Accord 2.4 in the sprint. The new Accord is quite dissapointing in this area. It's pick is quite lethargic unlike the earlier models. There was a posting in another thread earlier where tests in China showed the 3 cars with the following times in the 0-100 sprint.

Teana 250XV - 9 secs

Camry 2.4 - 9.73 secs

Accord 2.4 - 10.5 secs

Using a V6 against IL4? How impressive. s.g.carmart mentioned that it has a 2.5-litre VQ25DE V6 resides under its bonnet, producing up to 182 hp at 6,000 rpm and a decent 228 Nm of torque. Despite those figures, it isn

Edited by Kelpie

But it is really strange that people are comparing on the pickup of the car when they are looking at a comfortable sedan like Teana or Camry etc, if you are more concern about the pickup of the car then you should be buying a Sports car like Skyline, GTR etc and not a comfortable sedan like Teana.

Just because a car is bought for its comfort, does not mean pick up of the car is not important. Not all comfort based cars are slow tortoises. There are many comfort based (Lexus 460, Mercedes S500, etc) cars which can beat high end sports car. But such high end comfortable cars are never bought for racing or tyring to shame the sports cars.

Buyers of Teanas. Camry's are not dreaming of buying cars which can be raced around Sepang while giving them a comfortable ride. They are not dreaming of getting cars that go 0-100 in 5 secs . If that was their main concern, the WRX is within their easy reach (they will save quite a bit too) even though they may not fit the profile of its drivers. Reasonably decent pick up ( which can be defined as in the 9-10 secs range) speed for cars in the Teana/Camry category is desired not so that they can put the WRX or EVO driver to shame but rather to ensure that the car has sufficient power when the need arises and the comfortable ride is not accompanied with frustration on how slowly the car moves when overtaking. 0-100 timing is not the only factor but it is still a pretty good indicator for this. The average driver out there is not bothered about driving to maximise peak rpms, power range, etc. He just want to press the accelerator and wants the car to move off briskly, smoothly and comfortably as and when required.

Using a V6 against IL4? How impressive. s.g.carmart mentioned that it has a 2.5-litre VQ25DE V6 resides under its bonnet, producing up to 182 hp at 6,000 rpm and a decent 228 Nm of torque. Despite those figures, it isn

Since you are still at the Ah Beng stage we understand you find the Teana very uncle looking . I was also at your stage many years ago and has now decided to go for 'uncle' looking cars. I am sure You will join the uncle club in time to come. And since we are discussing about a particular "uncle" car in this thread, why don't you go and spend your precious time at threads discussing the ah beng cars.

It seems like you are steaming and can't stand negative reviews from magazine editors. So Camry and Accord and the like are the Ah beng cars as compared to your Nissan Teana. Well done [thumbsup]! Uncle doesn't necessarily need to drive an uncle car in the 1st place.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

well, to SG buyer

Honda = power = VTEC>>> remember VTEC

Toyota = good FC = VVTi>>remember VVTi

Nissan = nothing>>bo power=drinker

when camry 2.4 give u 9km/l >> it's damn good

but Teana 2.5 give u also 9km/l>>NB, drinker

Honda 2.4 give also 9km/l>>is ok, it's Powerful car

Nice description! Nissan well-known is V6 engine. Can make a aeroplane fly. Bro, honda & Toyota engine are in-line 4. How to compare a V6 engine.

Honda Vtec opens at 5800rpm.

Toyota VVTi not like VTEC.

Nissan V6 after 3000rpm can feel power surge.

Thats my opinion.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Teana 250XV - 9 secs

Camry 2.4 - 9.73 secs

Accord 2.4 - 10.5 secs

Can someone add in the Mazda6 2.5 comparsion?

i was comparing the 2.0L teana...have your really went for a testdrive??? however, i believe that the 2.5V6 will be good- the quiet engine, power and refinement...but suspension wise, still questionable...

i don't like the seat either...too soft for me...

fuel consumption depends on how you drive...if you everytime sprint, then it will drink lar...

You buy a car just based on looks alone? If all buyers are like you, car manufacturers can become very rich. They just need to give it a beautiful exterior and save $$ on the rest. Get the best designers and pay peanuts to the engineers.

I thought the concept "value for money" is very important to Singapore or perhaps it does not apply to cars and that is where Singaporeans become blind.

I didn't say I buy cars based on looks alone. Since you don't quite understand, I will elaborate more.... The looks fall under my "ugly" category, so it is knocked out in round 1. Now if I am blind, maybe it can go through to the next round.

Have to clarify that looks is a personal thingy... so it does not mean that Sgpns or I are silly to choose Camry/Honda over Teana (I don't own them but they will get into 2nd round where I am concerned). Nor does it mean that you are silly because you choose a car that is "ugly" in my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own choices so long as they are happy. I do recognise that Teana is a great car. It will not make it to my shopping list and that's all to it.

On a lighter note..... If I see a potential girlfriend that is ugly in my opinion, I would not care if she can do many household chores or has a V6 engine inside as well.

I don't like to start a flaming session, but I do get disturbed when names are called just because people do not share same opinion.

I didn't say I buy cars based on looks alone. Since you don't quite understand, I will elaborate more.... The looks fall under my "ugly" category, so it is knocked out in round 1. Now if I am blind, maybe it can go through to the next round.

Have to clarify that looks is a personal thingy... so it does not mean that Sgpns or I are silly to choose Camry/Honda over Teana (I don't own them but they will get into 2nd round where I am concerned). Nor does it mean that you are silly because you choose a car that is "ugly" in my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own choices so long as they are happy. I do recognise that Teana is a great car. It will not make it to my shopping list and that's all to it.

On a lighter note..... If I see a potential girlfriend that is ugly in my opinion, I would not care if she can do many household chores or has a V6 engine inside as well.

I don't like to start a flaming session, but I do get disturbed when names are called just because people do not share same opinion.

Cool it dude, the 2 of you just happened to have differenct purchase criteria. Likewise, my Round 1 has to be looks (both interior and exterior). If I see a car and I don't think it's the least attractive, then it's off the list.

Maybe for others, they choose spec sheets, brand prestige etc etc.

And in the context of "Consumer Behaviour", very often it's common for consumers to find sufficient reasons to justify their purchase decision. Some just need to justify to themselves, and there are others who see a need to get the world to agree with them.

now, what am I saying??? Must be concussed at 4am, good nite...

• Praise 1

My 3 weeks old 250XV fuel consumption rate for 30% City and 70% Highway with an average of one more passenger, and from a full tank of petrol and after travelling 510km. To all the skeptics, see this picture of the display yourself:post-34738-1232808850_thumb.jpg

I must say that there are different categories of car buyers and preferences. Some wants big space and comfort as main criteria and performance 2nd as long as they can get from A to B. another group is the reverse.

Though I am in my mid 50's, I belongs to the latter as I like to drive cars with very high torque and feel the instant

'oomph' the moment I start the engine. I have 2 cars, a 3 year-old Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6L GLX CVT and a brand new SAAB 95 2.0 LPT that I bought recently.

My Lancer has been tuned to very high torque w/ low rpm and changed most of the stock parts to high performance ones. The throttle is very light so much so that by only stepping on the throttle lightly from standstill, the car just zoomed off leaving all the cars way behind/

Before deciding on the SAAB 95, I had test driven the Teana 2.5L, Accord 2.4L, Camry 2.4L, Mondeo 2.4L and this SAAB 95 several times. I want to make sure that the car has to be very punchy and yet not sacrificing on the space and comfort.

Eventually, I ended up buying the SAAB and as I want to have even more punch, I chipped up the original torque from 280Nm/2,500rpm to 350Nm/2,800rpm which was done in SAAB workshop. With this increase in torque, the original 185bhp also increased to 230bhp.

The overall driving is just fun and a breeze. So again, it depends on ones preference.

• Praise 1

I must say that there are different categories of car buyers and preferences. Some wants big space and comfort as main criteria and performance 2nd as long as they can get from A to B. another group is the reverse.

Though I am in my mid 50's, I belongs to the latter as I like to drive cars with very high torque and feel the instant

'oomph' the moment I start the engine. I have 2 cars, a 3 year-old Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6L GLX CVT and a brand new SAAB 95 2.0 LPT that I bought recently.

My Lancer has been tuned to very high torque w/ low rpm and changed most of the stock parts to high performance ones. The throttle is very light so much so that by only stepping on the throttle lightly from standstill, the car just zoomed off leaving all the cars way behind/

Before deciding on the SAAB 95, I had test driven the Teana 2.5L, Accord 2.4L, Camry 2.4L, Mondeo 2.4L and this SAAB 95 several times. I want to make sure that the car has to be very punchy and yet not sacrificing on the space and comfort.

Eventually, I ended up buying the SAAB and as I want to have even more punch, I chipped up the original torque from 280Nm/2,500rpm to 350Nm/2,800rpm which was done in SAAB workshop. With this increase in torque, the original 185bhp also increased to 230bhp.

The overall driving is just fun and a breeze. So again, it depends on ones preference.

I'm considering the 9-5 but it is a 10 years old model with some facelifts. [:(]

Due to COE, our cars have "limited" lifespan so some of us tend not to buy outgoing model. I tested the 9-5. other than the interior that is not quite to my likings, it is a good car to own.

Regards,

I never really liked the Nissan Cefiro, the power was at best average like most other normal aspirated 2 litre cars, and the interior was not to my liking as it is rather ah pek styled. in fact i hated it.

recently i had a chance to ride in a Nissan Teana, and i didnt held any good expectation. but all it took was a half hour ride to win me over. The new Teana is superbly crafted so much so that i am having second thoughts of getting which car for my next change. i was convinced that there is hardly any better choice of 2 litre cars at the same price. For those who doubt it like I did, take a test drive before you buy the other car, whatever that may be, i guarantee you will have second thoughts.

Edited by Vextan
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1