Nissan Teana Experience

Kalmath

If you like high torque at low rpm, you should have bought a diesel powered car.

why still suggest diesel car when the diesel tax is so expensive?

↡ Advertisement

it most interesting to read about the teana. I like these spirited discussions on MCF. Great for car lovers to read. Personally i am a toyota/lexus biased person but the following is really what i feel

i really like the rear lights, dunno if the facelift audi A6 copy it or it copy the A6

No car is omnipotent. NO car can excel in every department.

In its role as a luxury japanese sedan to the masses, and to fight against the camry and the accord, i feel nissan has done a stellar job by focusing on its strengths, roominess, spaciousness and great interior.

The drive and handling is of less importance to the teana / cefiro buyer compared to the accord owner

Teana - emphasis on comfort and pampering the driver and passengers. luxury level puts the others to shame [laugh]

Accord - emphasis on drive and handling and performance and technology (better engines and transmission and gearbox) [blush]

Camry - emphasis on Value for money. Competent in all fields, an all rounder, backed by reputation and street cred. best for kiasu type singaporeans who want everything :mellow:

Mondeo - overpriced in its class but handsome and best in handling, no V6 option is a penalty, strangely not many on the roads, i think Regent not aggressive enough in marketing <_<<_<

If u drive a 1.6 all your life and try the Teana, u would love it. But if u are used to driving luxury sedans or serious driving machines, it may not be your cup of tea. But it would suit people who have to haul old folks or kids or need a competent and yet reliable sedan. [sunny]

thanks for hearing out my 2 cents worth. Happy new year

• Praise 2

it most interesting to read about the teana. I like these spirited discussions on MCF. Great for car lovers to read. Personally i am a toyota/lexus biased person but the following is really what i feel

i really like the rear lights, dunno if the facelift audi A6 copy it or it copy the A6

No car is omnipotent. NO car can excel in every department.

In its role as a luxury japanese sedan to the masses, and to fight against the camry and the accord, i feel nissan has done a stellar job by focusing on its strengths, roominess, spaciousness and great interior.

The drive and handling is of less importance to the teana / cefiro buyer compared to the accord owner

Teana - emphasis on comfort and pampering the driver and passengers. luxury level puts the others to shame [laugh]

Accord - emphasis on drive and handling and performance and technology (better engines and transmission and gearbox) [blush]

Camry - emphasis on Value for money. Competent in all fields, an all rounder, backed by reputation and street cred. best for kiasu type singaporeans who want everything :mellow:

Mondeo - overpriced in its class but handsome and best in handling, no V6 option is a penalty, strangely not many on the roads, i think Regent not aggressive enough in marketing <_<<_<

If u drive a 1.6 all your life and try the Teana, u would love it. But if u are used to driving luxury sedans or serious driving machines, it may not be your cup of tea. But it would suit people who have to haul old folks or kids or need a competent and yet reliable sedan. [sunny]

thanks for hearing out my 2 cents worth. Happy new year

well written ! Happy New year to you too !

Neutral Newbie

Couldn't agree more. While I personally feel that Cefiro/Teana is a very nice car, I also agrees that there are loads of other makes that are much, much, much better. But the key point here is PRICE ! For the same amount of money, I wouldn't have gotten any other car.

• Praise 1

- Soundproofing/noise

For soundproofing, it is very well done. Minimal road noise, even at high speed. You can see that they have added quite a lot of sound proofing padding to the bonnet etc. The 250 engine helps as well, because even when I am crusing at 100km/h, the RPM is only around around 1.8 to 1.9k RPM.

SGCarMart published their own review on the car a few weeks back. Read it here.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=75

IS IT possible for 1.9 RPM at 100 km/hr??!~

Can any expert advice?

Mine is 2.5 RPM = 100 km/hr or 3 RPM = 120 Km/hr

• Praise 1

Can any expert advice?

Yes, it is. For Teana 2.5, not 2.0 model, at 100km/h, the rpm is less than 2k.

• Praise 1

there is no way a teana is better than a camry. singaporeans buy more toyotas than nissan/honda. so whatever you say do not reflect the thoughts of the majority.

Errm... you do realise that most Singaporeans are sheep right.....

• Praise 1

You buy a car just based on looks alone? If all buyers are like you, car manufacturers can become very rich. They just need to give it a beautiful exterior and save $$ on the rest. Get the best designers and pay peanuts to the engineers.

I thought the concept "value for money" is very important to Singapore or perhaps it does not apply to cars and that is where Singaporeans become blind.

Not blind. Stupid in a monkey see monkey do sense. The Camry and Accord are just ordinary. My pick would be the Mz 6, but thats coz i like the ride. If I wanted one up in terms of comfort, the Teana or Sonata V6 would be it. (Of couse I'm not comparing them with a class above- i wouldnt expect Lexus quality in a Camry).

On an off topic note, can someone please tell me whats up with Honda and their gigantic fonts and icons on the buttons of which even a blind person can see.....

Using a V6 against IL4? How impressive. s.g.carmart mentioned that it has a 2.5-litre VQ25DE V6 resides under its bonnet, producing up to 182 hp at 6,000 rpm and a decent 228 Nm of torque. Despite those figures, it isn

Can any expert advice?

Yes, my 250XV is running between 1.9k - 2.0k rpm at 100km/h.

What car is yours? Higher rpm means noisier and higher consumption.

post-31995-1233363316_thumb.pngFor your info, this is the test results from MSN:

http://auto.msn.com.cn/auto_review/compare.../86671_10.shtml

The table shows the rpm with reference to the vehicle speed. Cars tested from left to right

(Teana, Passat, Accord, Mondeo, Camry).

It shows at 100km/h, the rpm is 1900 (Teana), 2100 (Passat), 2200 (Accord), 2200 (Mondeo), 2200 (Camry).

For your info, this is the test results from MSN:

http://auto.msn.com.cn/auto_review/compare.../86671_10.shtml

The table shows the rpm with reference to the vehicle speed. Cars tested from left to right

(Teana, Passat, Accord, Mondeo, Camry).

It shows at 100km/h, the rpm is 1900 (Teana), 2100 (Passat), 2200 (Accord), 2200 (Mondeo), 2200 (Camry).

What are the engine capacity and type of these test cars?

Regards,

What are the engine capacity and type of these test cars?

Regards,

Teana 2.5, Passat 1.8 Turbo, Accord 2.4, Camry 2.4, Mondeo 2.3

Teana 2.5, Passat 1.8 Turbo, Accord 2.4, Camry 2.4, Mondeo 2.3

So it is a V6 engine for Teana and IL4 for the rest, right? If a V6 can't hit 100km/h at sub 2K rpm these days then we don't know what to say.

Regards,

a latio 1.5l with CVT also can hit 100km/h at 2000rpm ...

the transmission also plays a part.

i am sure alot of other cars without V6 engine or with smaller engine size then the teana's can also hit 100km/h at 2000rpm ...

• Praise 1

So it is a V6 engine for Teana and IL4 for the rest, right? If a V6 can't hit 100km/h at sub 2K rpm these days then we don't know what to say.

Regards,

Wah, now I know why you need to have a disclaimer

• Praise 1