Pharmacy purchases in Malaysia

Genie47

I dun tink dats wat they mean..to prescribe & promote medicine..

Best is to buy medicines which has already been prescribed by SG docs.

↡ Advertisement

So now MCF is replacing doctors.

Be very careful guys.

You can have very severe allergic reactions when using NSAIDS and other drugs.

They should only be used when prescribed by doctors.

In fact I am allergic to Celebrex.

The allergic reaction is not very nice and it can have fatal results.

This does not replace doctors. If your family doctor prescribes you the drugs required for your condition, go MY and get these drugs. Depends on your doctor. You can reveal this to them but keep going back to them for consultation. They understand the medicine situation in SG and know that it is the main cost that is inhibitory of having patients return.

It is not the consultation cost most patients gripe about. It is the cost of medicine.

Then there is the other thing about medicine you should have at home.

There can only be 3 very important medicine you should have at home ALWAYS.

Paracetamol, chorphenamine and ibuprofen. If got children, make sure you also got the liquid forms.

i agree.... getting medicine in other countries is really cheaper... my zyrtec for sinus is only half price in thailand, and its not the OEM one, its the real deal from europe...

Not I say one. Our Health Minister told us to "go JB or Batam" to buy medicine. [shakehead]

Until this day I still remember.

Buy from their gov hospital lagi cheaper....RM1 for consultation + medication....

Many poor SG folks on long term medical goes there to seek treatment....because of our brilliant Medisave scheme....

I quote our Health Minister Mr Khaw:

"My personal view is, our land is expensive. But we have nearby neighbours in Johore, Batam and Bintan. The elderly want to reach their doctors within half to one hour. So retirement villages in neighbouring countries is possible, barring the cross-border hassle. It is best to find cheap land on short leases," [shakehead]

Hi there,

Though generic drugs are cheaper, they have have more side effects. Most of the generics do not conduct bio-equivalant test, so the quality and release profile.......question mark.

Just my 1 cent

I'm using generic amlodipin. Blood pressure dropped within a day. It is OK since it is such a simple drug that got its patent expired last year.

Most generics are manufactured in India. They are an OK place to make drugs. I wouldn't touch any generic from China. [laugh]

OK back from another drug run. Ooops! Pharmaceutical purchase.

Visit this place: www.mypharmacy.com.my

There is one along Jln Wong Ah Fook before JB City Square. Stocked full of medicine.

Here are some prices that you all might be interested.

Aprovel (irbesartan), 2 strips (box), after medicine discount and member discount: MYR89. 60% savings from SG doctors.

Alcon Tears Naturale, 1 box, MYR31.10

Alcon Duratears 3.5g, MYR9.90

Anarex, a mixture of 450mg paracetamol and orphenadrine citrate (muscle relaxant), MYR1.00 for a strip of 10.

Wiki entry for orphenadrine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orphenadrine

Arcoxia is selling for MYR35 for a strip of 10.

Remember I was asking around for insulin 3/10cc needles? They are selling at MYR58 for a box of 100. I got mine for SGD58 for a box of 100! That's SGD24.10 if you are looking at the current exchange rate. Meets my requirements of 2.40/needle. Same brand. BD Ultrafine.

Remember to apply for membership at My Pharmacy if you intend to regularly get your drug supplies there.

How about medicine that needs prescription here, but over there no need?

I always wanted to stock up Ora-corte, but need precription, so average a visit to the doc usually cost about $40 for a small tube. The other is pain killer ibuprofen. I know in Uk and USA can get it from the shelf. Can't find in singapore..

Ibuprofen in US sold under generic drug is dirt cheap.

Typically, US$3 for 100 tablets (200mg), about 5c a pill.

Ibuprofen in US sold under generic drug is dirt cheap.

Typically, US$3 for 100 tablets (200mg), about 5c a pill.

Must be careful. I was surfing for them in Amazon, a lot of US customers are staying away from the generic ones. Most are MIC. Scarey stuff!

There is one along Jln Wong Ah Fook before JB City Square. Stocked full of medicine.

Aprovel (irbesartan), 2 strips (box), after medicine discount and member discount: MYR89. 60% savings from SG doctors.

Alcone Duratears 3.5g, MYR9.90

Anarex, a mixture of 450mg paracetamol and orphenadrine citrate (muscle relaxant), MYR1.00 for a strip of 10.

Remember I was asking around for insuline 3/10cc needles? They are selling at MYR58 for a box of 100. I got mine for SGD58 for a box of 100! That's SGD24.10 if you are looking at the current exchange rate. Meets my requirements of 2.40/needle. Same brand. BD Ultrafine.

Remember to apply for membership at My Pharmacy if you intend to regularly get your drug supplies there.

Can get Augmentin in JB or not? without prescription

Alcone Duratears 3.5g, MYR9.90

Remember I was asking around for insuline 3/10cc needles? They are selling at MYR58 for a box of 100. I got mine for SGD58 for a box of 100! That's SGD24.10 if you are looking at the current exchange rate. Meets my requirements of 2.40/needle. Same brand. BD Ultrafine.

There is another mypharmacy at Southern City.

Not all drugs are cheap, especially the branded ones.

At least still cheaper than SG.

Always check what your doctor supplies. Generic amlodipin is always cheaper and the price from SG is still way better than MY. MY pharmacies only sell original amlodipin which is Norvasc. After calculating, the generic in SG wins.

Original stuff like Aprovel is expensive from the GP.

Must be careful. I was surfing for them in Amazon, a lot of US customers are staying away from the generic ones. Most are MIC. Scarey stuff!

Not sure.

So far I have bought from their local mart and consumed about 200 tablets (over a few years) from Select and equate brand.

It worked just as well as the expensive branded stuff like Motrin over there.

Sometimes, I have excruciating back pain and ibuprofen gives me almost instant relief.

Although I try not to take until it really hurts. [:)]

Read the national MY antibiotic policy here:

http://202.144.202.76/pharmacy_portal/aeim...008_edit(2).pdf

Don't f*** around with direct pharmacy purchases of antibiotics.

Don't sabo the rest of us by helping the bugs gain super powers.

You joker [laugh]

Ask me to download 5.80MB and consisting 253 pages, how to read.

I can only guess the answer is Cannot. Thanks anyway.

You joker [laugh]

Ask me to download 5.80MB and consisting 253 pages, how to read.

I can only guess the answer is Cannot. Thanks anyway.

If can also better don't. I quote a section from that guideline.

Rational antibiotic use must be viewed as a skill that all medical practitioners must acquire so as to ensure effective, safe and appropriate patient care. Appropriate treatment in our current approach is not only about using an antibiotic that the organism is sensitive to but also includes the use of one that will have minimal collateral damage to the ambient bacterial flora.

Don't go to sleep knowing you have harmed and sabo'ed the entire human race. If your GP sabo'ed the human race, let him get f***ed by higher ups.

If can also better don't. I quote a section from that guideline.

Rational antibiotic use must be viewed as a skill that all medical practitioners must acquire so as to ensure effective, safe and appropriate patient care. Appropriate treatment in our current approach is not only about using an antibiotic that the organism is sensitive to but also includes the use of one that will have minimal collateral damage to the ambient bacterial flora.

Don't go to sleep knowing you have harmed and sabo'ed the entire human race. If your GP sabo'ed the human race, let him get f***ed by higher ups.

Haha..don't tell me you really read thru those 253 pages. My God. [flowerface]

Not sure.

So far I have bought from their local mart and consumed about 200 tablets (over a few years) from Select and equate brand.

It worked just as well as the expensive branded stuff like Motrin over there.

Sometimes, I have excruciating back pain and ibuprofen gives me almost instant relief.

Although I try not to take until it really hurts. [:)]

Then good news. Pharmacies in MY sells 400mg caplets instead of the puny 200mg available to us local and the US.

If you are garang, you can pop 2X 400mg caplets (equivalent to 4x 200mg caplets). Maximum in a 24hr period is 2400mg.

Ibuprofen has the same effects as Arcoxia at high doses. Can cause heart failure. :o