Pharmacy purchases in Malaysia

Genie47

For certain cream, I get my mom to buy from polyclinic. It's dirt cheap here compared with MY pharmacy especially those made by ICM. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Anti-fungal cream like miconazole made by ICM called Mycoban costs $2.50 a tube at hospital pharmacy.

If you buy Daktarin, the price is like $15 in SG pharmacy and slightly cheaper in MY.

They both do the same thing and the same effect.

Anti-fungal cream like miconazole made by ICM called Mycoban costs $2.50 a tube at hospital pharmacy.

If you buy Daktarin, the price is like $15 in SG pharmacy and slightly cheaper in MY.

They both do the same thing and the same effect.

I always feel that the original producer has better effect. Although the Generic brands state similar composition.

It could be the quality of the chemicals used.

I always feel that the original producer has better effect. Although the Generic brands state similar composition.

It could be the quality of the chemicals used.

We all like to think that the original is always better and paying more can't be bad.

If you are using it for one time, maybe getting the original is ok.

But if you are using it for long, then the costs will get to you.

Depending on the type of drugs and applications, it is generally hard to justify paying 5x more when you see the same result as generic.

For certain cream, I get my mom to buy from polyclinic. It's dirt cheap here compared with MY pharmacy especially those made by ICM. [laugh]

ICM makes very good quality generics.

Magtasil is just as powerful as Mylanta II.

We all like to think that the original is always better and paying more can't be bad.

If you are using it for one time, maybe getting the original is ok.

But if you are using it for long, then the costs will get to you.

Depending on the type of drugs and applications, it is generally hard to justify paying 5x more when you see the same result as generic.

I have tried those Generics of Canesten, not so good for stubborn problems. At times, the passive base cream can cause allergy too. So no choice have to pay higher price.

Edited by Blue850r

For those who like to venture up north for shopping, don't forget to buy medicine.

I will start first.

Shop: Watson's

Medicine: Arcoxia (etoricoxib, an NSAID)

Manufacturer: MSD

Price: MYR3.80 per 90mg tablet, MYR38 for a strip of 10.

wah! thats cheap! i buy $3 for 1!!!! arcoxia is a very good pain reliever! looks like i should head north and buy... need prescription?

wah! thats cheap! i buy $3 for 1!!!! arcoxia is a very good pain reliever! looks like i should head north and buy... need prescription?

No need. Actually get from My Pharmacy is cheaper. MYR35 for strip of 10.

See earlier posts.

No need. Actually get from My Pharmacy is cheaper. MYR35 for strip of 10.

See earlier posts.

yupz saw the earlier posts. i got mine normally at SGH 42 tbs cost $110++ now i know.. im gg to jaybee!!!

Just bought Norvasc 5mg, a strip of 10 for rm18. Generic Corvasc is rm15 from mypharmacy at Taman Sentosa.

I get my generic amlodipin (Norvasc) from my doctor. SGD8.50 for a strip of 10X 10mg. He ask me to cut half and the dose is effectively 5mg.

You need to check out the costs from your doctor. I think it is now mandatory that they list it in your receipt.

Anyway my amlodipin is named........AMLONG. [flowerface] Yes I amlong.

I get my generic amlodipin (Norvasc) from my doctor. SGD8.50 for a strip of 10X 10mg. He ask me to cut half and the dose is effectively 5mg.

You need to check out the costs from your doctor. I think it is now mandatory that they list it in your receipt.

Anyway my amlodipin is named........AMLONG. [flowerface] Yes I amlong.

I bought it for my wife. She was charged $60 for Norvasc 5mg x10 from the doctor...really cannot tahan the high price.

yupz saw the earlier posts. i got mine normally at SGH 42 tbs cost $110++ now i know.. im gg to jaybee!!!

Just be careful with etoricoxib. The main advantage it has is that it doesn't irritate the stomach. The bad thing is increased risk of heart attack.

Other than that, I do find its pain relieving power to be the same as..... diclofenac (Voltaren). Diclofenac will be my first choice if not for the stomach irritation. It not only blocks COX1 (making your stomach irritated) but COX2 is preferentially blocked 10X more (arcoxia is 168X more). Blocks lots of other stuff with makes it the most powerful IMHO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diclofenac

I bought it for my wife. She was charged $60 for Norvasc 5mg x10 from the doctor...really cannot tahan the high price.

Wow! For a drug that has its patent expired, it sure costs a lot.

Anarex, a mixture of 450mg paracetamol and orphenadrine citrate (muscle relaxant), MYR1.00 for a strip of 10.

nabei, just bot 2 strip frm my gp for sgd8.50 per strip.

Wow! For a drug that has its patent expired, it sure costs a lot.

Sorry, it's $60 for x30 or $20 for x10. But still it costs more than double of what I got in JB.

Anarex, a mixture of 450mg paracetamol and orphenadrine citrate (muscle relaxant), MYR1.00 for a strip of 10.

nabei, just bot 2 strip frm my gp for sgd8.50 per strip.

Quickly buy and stock up at home. I have 100 tablets. I'll be asking them if they have paracetamol with codeine next. Effectively this will the same formulation as the famous US branded Tylenol.

FYI:

Tylenol 1 - 300 mg paracetamol + 15mg caffeine + 8 mg codeine

Tylenol 2 - 300 mg paracetamol + 15mg caffeine +15 mg codeine

Tylenol 3 - 300 mg paracetamol + 15mg caffeine +30 mg codeine

Tylenol 4 - 300 mg paracetamol +60 mg codeine

All can cause drowsiness.

Generically this formulationis called co-codamol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Co-codamol