Genie47

Pharmacy purchases in Malaysia

Ibuprofen in US sold under generic drug is dirt cheap.

Typically, US$3 for 100 tablets (200mg), about 5c a pill.

Must be careful. I was surfing for them in Amazon, a lot of US customers are staying away from the generic ones. Most are MIC. Scarey stuff!

↡ Advertisement

OK back from another drug run. Ooops! Pharmaceutical purchase.

Visit this place: www.mypharmacy.com.my

There is one along Jln Wong Ah Fook before JB City Square. Stocked full of medicine.

Here are some prices that you all might be interested.

Aprovel (irbesartan), 2 strips (box), after medicine discount and member discount: MYR89. 60% savings from SG doctors.

Alcon Tears Naturale, 1 box, MYR31.10

Alcone Duratears 3.5g, MYR9.90

Anarex, a mixture of 450mg paracetamol and orphenadrine citrate (muscle relaxant), MYR1.00 for a strip of 10.

Wiki entry for orphenadrine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orphenadrine

Arcoxia is selling for MYR35 for a strip of 10.

Remember I was asking around for insuline 3/10cc needles? They are selling at MYR58 for a box of 100. I got mine for SGD58 for a box of 100! That's SGD24.10 if you are looking at the current exchange rate. Meets my requirements of 2.40/needle. Same brand. BD Ultrafine.

Remember to apply for membership at My Pharmacy if you intend to regularly get your drug supplies there.

Can get Augmentin in JB or not? without prescription

OK back from another drug run. Ooops! Pharmaceutical purchase.

Visit this place: www.mypharmacy.com.my

There is one along Jln Wong Ah Fook before JB City Square. Stocked full of medicine.

Here are some prices that you all might be interested.

Aprovel (irbesartan), 2 strips (box), after medicine discount and member discount: MYR89. 60% savings from SG doctors.

Alcon Tears Naturale, 1 box, MYR31.10

Alcone Duratears 3.5g, MYR9.90

Anarex, a mixture of 450mg paracetamol and orphenadrine citrate (muscle relaxant), MYR1.00 for a strip of 10.

Wiki entry for orphenadrine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orphenadrine

Arcoxia is selling for MYR35 for a strip of 10.

Remember I was asking around for insuline 3/10cc needles? They are selling at MYR58 for a box of 100. I got mine for SGD58 for a box of 100! That's SGD24.10 if you are looking at the current exchange rate. Meets my requirements of 2.40/needle. Same brand. BD Ultrafine.

Remember to apply for membership at My Pharmacy if you intend to regularly get your drug supplies there.

There is another mypharmacy at Southern City.

Not all drugs are cheap, especially the branded ones.

At least still cheaper than SG.

Always check what your doctor supplies. Generic amlodipin is always cheaper and the price from SG is still way better than MY. MY pharmacies only sell original amlodipin which is Norvasc. After calculating, the generic in SG wins.

Original stuff like Aprovel is expensive from the GP.

Can get Augmentin in JB or not? without prescription

Read the national MY antibiotic policy here:

http://202.144.202.76/pharmacy_portal/aeim...008_edit(2).pdf

Don't f*** around with direct pharmacy purchases of antibiotics.

Don't sabo the rest of us by helping the bugs gain super powers.

↡ Advertisement

Must be careful. I was surfing for them in Amazon, a lot of US customers are staying away from the generic ones. Most are MIC. Scarey stuff!

Not sure.

So far I have bought from their local mart and consumed about 200 tablets (over a few years) from Select and equate brand.

It worked just as well as the expensive branded stuff like Motrin over there.

Sometimes, I have excruciating back pain and ibuprofen gives me almost instant relief.

Although I try not to take until it really hurts. [:)]

Read the national MY antibiotic policy here:

http://202.144.202.76/pharmacy_portal/aeim...008_edit(2).pdf

Don't f*** around with direct pharmacy purchases of antibiotics.

Don't sabo the rest of us by helping the bugs gain super powers.

You joker [laugh]

Ask me to download 5.80MB and consisting 253 pages, how to read.

I can only guess the answer is Cannot. Thanks anyway.

You joker [laugh]

Ask me to download 5.80MB and consisting 253 pages, how to read.

I can only guess the answer is Cannot. Thanks anyway.

If can also better don't. I quote a section from that guideline.

Rational antibiotic use must be viewed as a skill that all medical practitioners must acquire so as to ensure effective, safe and appropriate patient care. Appropriate treatment in our current approach is not only about using an antibiotic that the organism is sensitive to but also includes the use of one that will have minimal collateral damage to the ambient bacterial flora.

Don't go to sleep knowing you have harmed and sabo'ed the entire human race. If your GP sabo'ed the human race, let him get f***ed by higher ups.

If can also better don't. I quote a section from that guideline.

Rational antibiotic use must be viewed as a skill that all medical practitioners must acquire so as to ensure effective, safe and appropriate patient care. Appropriate treatment in our current approach is not only about using an antibiotic that the organism is sensitive to but also includes the use of one that will have minimal collateral damage to the ambient bacterial flora.

Don't go to sleep knowing you have harmed and sabo'ed the entire human race. If your GP sabo'ed the human race, let him get f***ed by higher ups.

Haha..don't tell me you really read thru those 253 pages. My God. [flowerface]

Not sure.

So far I have bought from their local mart and consumed about 200 tablets (over a few years) from Select and equate brand.

It worked just as well as the expensive branded stuff like Motrin over there.

Sometimes, I have excruciating back pain and ibuprofen gives me almost instant relief.

Although I try not to take until it really hurts. [:)]

Then good news. Pharmacies in MY sells 400mg caplets instead of the puny 200mg available to us local and the US.

If you are garang, you can pop 2X 400mg caplets (equivalent to 4x 200mg caplets). Maximum in a 24hr period is 2400mg.

Ibuprofen has the same effects as Arcoxia at high doses. Can cause heart failure. :o

For certain cream, I get my mom to buy from polyclinic. It's dirt cheap here compared with MY pharmacy especially those made by ICM. [laugh]

Anti-fungal cream like miconazole made by ICM called Mycoban costs $2.50 a tube at hospital pharmacy.

If you buy Daktarin, the price is like $15 in SG pharmacy and slightly cheaper in MY.

They both do the same thing and the same effect.

Anti-fungal cream like miconazole made by ICM called Mycoban costs $2.50 a tube at hospital pharmacy.

If you buy Daktarin, the price is like $15 in SG pharmacy and slightly cheaper in MY.

They both do the same thing and the same effect.

I always feel that the original producer has better effect. Although the Generic brands state similar composition.

It could be the quality of the chemicals used.

I always feel that the original producer has better effect. Although the Generic brands state similar composition.

It could be the quality of the chemicals used.

We all like to think that the original is always better and paying more can't be bad.

If you are using it for one time, maybe getting the original is ok.

But if you are using it for long, then the costs will get to you.

Depending on the type of drugs and applications, it is generally hard to justify paying 5x more when you see the same result as generic.

For certain cream, I get my mom to buy from polyclinic. It's dirt cheap here compared with MY pharmacy especially those made by ICM. [laugh]

ICM makes very good quality generics.

Magtasil is just as powerful as Mylanta II.

We all like to think that the original is always better and paying more can't be bad.

If you are using it for one time, maybe getting the original is ok.

But if you are using it for long, then the costs will get to you.

Depending on the type of drugs and applications, it is generally hard to justify paying 5x more when you see the same result as generic.

I have tried those Generics of Canesten, not so good for stubborn problems. At times, the passive base cream can cause allergy too. So no choice have to pay higher price.

Edited by Blue850r

For those who like to venture up north for shopping, don't forget to buy medicine.

I will start first.

Shop: Watson's

Medicine: Arcoxia (etoricoxib, an NSAID)

Manufacturer: MSD

Price: MYR3.80 per 90mg tablet, MYR38 for a strip of 10.

wah! thats cheap! i buy $3 for 1!!!! arcoxia is a very good pain reliever! looks like i should head north and buy... need prescription?

wah! thats cheap! i buy $3 for 1!!!! arcoxia is a very good pain reliever! looks like i should head north and buy... need prescription?

No need. Actually get from My Pharmacy is cheaper. MYR35 for strip of 10.

See earlier posts.

Just bought Norvasc 5mg, a strip of 10 for rm18. Generic Corvasc is rm15 from mypharmacy at Taman Sentosa.

No need. Actually get from My Pharmacy is cheaper. MYR35 for strip of 10.

See earlier posts.

yupz saw the earlier posts. i got mine normally at SGH 42 tbs cost $110++ now i know.. im gg to jaybee!!!

Just bought Norvasc 5mg, a strip of 10 for rm18. Generic Corvasc is rm15 from mypharmacy at Taman Sentosa.

I get my generic amlodipin (Norvasc) from my doctor. SGD8.50 for a strip of 10X 10mg. He ask me to cut half and the dose is effectively 5mg.

You need to check out the costs from your doctor. I think it is now mandatory that they list it in your receipt.

Anyway my amlodipin is named........AMLONG. [flowerface] Yes I amlong.

I get my generic amlodipin (Norvasc) from my doctor. SGD8.50 for a strip of 10X 10mg. He ask me to cut half and the dose is effectively 5mg.

You need to check out the costs from your doctor. I think it is now mandatory that they list it in your receipt.

Anyway my amlodipin is named........AMLONG. [flowerface] Yes I amlong.

I bought it for my wife. She was charged $60 for Norvasc 5mg x10 from the doctor...really cannot tahan the high price.

yupz saw the earlier posts. i got mine normally at SGH 42 tbs cost $110++ now i know.. im gg to jaybee!!!

Just be careful with etoricoxib. The main advantage it has is that it doesn't irritate the stomach. The bad thing is increased risk of heart attack.

Other than that, I do find its pain relieving power to be the same as..... diclofenac (Voltaren). Diclofenac will be my first choice if not for the stomach irritation. It not only blocks COX1 (making your stomach irritated) but COX2 is preferentially blocked 10X more (arcoxia is 168X more). Blocks lots of other stuff with makes it the most powerful IMHO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diclofenac

I bought it for my wife. She was charged $60 for Norvasc 5mg x10 from the doctor...really cannot tahan the high price.

Wow! For a drug that has its patent expired, it sure costs a lot.

↡ Advertisement