Food in Johor Bahru

Genie47

i prefer at Stulang Laut.. so many small shop and tasty food there. you can choose what type food you want to take.best in town

Any good food for lunch at Stulang Laut?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

nothing beats the roadside stall or the coffeeshop in those ulu areas.. yum yum

too bad only knoes how to go but duno wat name issit.. only know it taman area

• Praise 1

Another dim sum place. This time nearer.

Restoran Kak Kak

Along Jalan Maju next to Pelangi Plaza.

Coordinates:

• Praise 1

Another dimsum place. Mosmos of HWZ mentioned it. It is at Johor Jaya again.

Restoran Sin Siang Yuan at Jalan Bakawali 48.

OK How to get there. Go up the ramp to the flyover that is supposed to bring you to Johor Jaya. Instead of going straight, you head down to travel on the opposite direction.

Don't go down into the tunnel. You turn in from the road that is above the tunnel. You can see the Shell station. That is the main landmark. Make a left into Jalan Bakawali. Check Google Maps. Also check the Johor Food thread in HWZ Makan. Mosmos has put up pictures so you can recognize the place.

I rate the dimsum here better than Gui Yuan. Gui Yuan has variety and they got cheong fun. Sin Siang Yuan has better dimsum. A good example will be the siew mai. Instead of some red dots or carrots for the top of the siew mai, they use the orange salmon roe. I feel that their ingredients taste fresher too. The har gow might have bits of scallops in them.

Neutral Newbie

got gps coordinates ??

Another dimsum place. Mosmos of HWZ mentioned it. It is at Johor Jaya again.

Restoran Sin Siang Yuan at Jalan Bakawali 48.

OK How to get there. Go up the ramp to the flyover that is supposed to bring you to Johor Jaya. Instead of going straight, you head down to travel on the opposite direction.

Don't go down into the tunnel. You turn in from the road that is above the tunnel. You can see the Shell station. That is the main landmark. Make a left into Jalan Bakawali. Check Google Maps. Also check the Johor Food thread in HWZ Makan. Mosmos has put up pictures so you can recognize the place.

I rate the dimsum here better than Gui Yuan. Gui Yuan has variety and they got cheong fun. Sin Siang Yuan has better dimsum. A good example will be the siew mai. Instead of some red dots or carrots for the top of the siew mai, they use the orange salmon roe. I feel that their ingredients taste fresher too. The har gow might have bits of scallops in them.

• Praise 1

San Low is famous for his iron bee hoon (Tang Dou Mee Fen)..

iron as in the iron for clothings coz the bee hoon came in a smooth form..

however, over the years, the quality have been going up and down.. prices have also increased but still affordable for Singaporean..

Parking is quite ok coz they always engage people to guide cars and parking.

Beside the bee hoon, the rest are usual, so nothing to shout about.

• Praise 2

Let me throw in another recommendation that serve cereal crayfish and also fried Mian Sian.

I find the crayfish to be cheap. 3 (cut half each, so 6 pieces) at RM30. Their Signboard Misn Sian are also quite unique. The rest like Coffee Pork rib and butter sotong are reasonable good as well.

As for the direction, I'm not too good with the road name but it's the opened, run down hawker center after Plaza Pelangi. Drive further down from the road to Plaza Plangi (Turn right is the shopping center, turn left is Mobil Petrol Station) and turn right at the 2nd traffic light.

You shd see the hawker center to the right. Enter the last row at the hawker, nearer to shell station. Someone whom know better can help me with the direction. Jalan Keris if I didn't get it wrong from google map

Edited by Sony
  • Praise 1

Let me throw in another recommendation that serve cereal crayfish and also fried Mian Sian.

I find the crayfish to be cheap. 3 (cut half each, so 6 pieces) at RM30. Their Signboard Misn Sian are also quite unique. The rest like Coffee Pork rib and butter sotong are reasonable good as well.

As for the direction, I'm not too good with the road name but it's the opened, run down hawker center after Plaza Pelangi. Drive further down from the road to Plaza Plangi (Turn right is the shopping center, turn left is Mobil Petrol Station) and turn right at the 2nd traffic light.

You shd see the hawker center to the right. Enter the last row at the hawker, nearer to shell station. Someone whom know better can help me with the direction. Jalan Keris if I didn't get it wrong from google map

this is the famous Taman Sri Tebrau Hawker centre. have not have the crayfish from them for over 10 years liao..

but it is to give way to a new multi story complex and market, so go there while it's there. Do watch out for your belonging. It's one of the top black-listed place for security on my list.

• Praise 1

San Low is famous for his iron bee hoon (Tang Dou Mee Fen)..

iron as in the iron for clothings coz the bee hoon came in a smooth form..

however, over the years, the quality have been going up and down.. prices have also increased but still affordable for Singaporean..

Parking is quite ok coz they always engage people to guide cars and parking.

Beside the bee hoon, the rest are usual, so nothing to shout about.

across san low, there have nice ice-kachang (with lots of milo) ... go try if you are there on a hot day.

We love the rojak as well !

• Praise 1

across san low, there have nice ice-kachang (with lots of milo) ... go try if you are there on a hot day.

We love the rojak as well !

ahh.. emkay.. our old friend..

So the residential lookalike place serve nice food as well? usually go san low at nite but seldom nowadays.. guess I shd cross the road to check things out..

for the rojak, is it indian rojak or the chinese style?

this is the famous Taman Sri Tebrau Hawker centre. have not have the crayfish from them for over 10 years liao..

but it is to give way to a new multi story complex and market, so go there while it's there. Do watch out for your belonging. It's one of the top black-listed place for security on my list.

oh ya.. everywhere also need to be on alert.. beside the usual snatch and go, the ladies also need to look out for the rats running about..

↡ Advertisement