Cars with tyres fitted pointing wrong direction

Davidcks

Just something to share.

Today, after parking my car, I found a car with looks like new set of tyres. On closer inspection, it looks like the direction is wrong. Isn't that so dangerous?? Instead of cutting water, it may go over it and aquaplane. Doesnt the tyre shop where that was installed check?? What kind of tyre shop would risk the life of the occupants in the car?? Guess noone should take it for granted that all tyre shop will do a good job.

anyway, I remember on a previous post here where a car had an accident, someone mentioned the tyres were pointing the wrong direction. If this car were to skid and crash, will it be the fault of the driver? Hmm........

SPM_A0500.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Just something to share.

Today, after parking my car, I found a car with looks like new set of tyres. On closer inspection, it looks like the direction is wrong. Isn't that so dangerous?? Instead of cutting water, it may go over it and aquaplane. Doesnt the tyre shop where that was installed check?? What kind of tyre shop would risk the life of the occupants in the car?? Guess noone should take it for granted that all tyre shop will do a good job.

anyway, I remember on a previous post here where a car had an accident, someone mentioned the tyres were pointing the wrong direction. If this car were to skid and crash, will it be the fault of the driver? Hmm........

It's the same wheel in any direction.

The tire will not provide optimum performance. However, no damage or premature wear to the tire will result.

this can be a picture of the rear tyres!

hhehe kidding

okok i also kana once

coincidentally, its also the GR80 that i kana wrong direction.

Most of the time, it's the tyre shop that screwed up.

Not many people can mount a tyre on a wheel by himself or install a wrong tyre direction.

Seriously did you left a note to inform that driver, it could save his and also others life or injury.

Your are right, thinking about it I should have left a note. I'm just sadden by the fact that this is a tyre shop job to install it right the first time. And that car could be driven by someone who may not know anything about tyres.

Aiya. You are making me feel bad leh.

i had the same experience (getting my tyres installed and pointed to the wrong direction). Only discovered the boo-boo 2 days after a Stamford mechanic spotted it when i went for balancing and alignment. Never went back to that wretched shop again. Anyway, his business model is always based on two elements: speed and quantity and nothing else.

Well, anyone who goes to the "famous" cheap tyre shop who serve drinks and have long queues of customer in AMK industrial just be doubly-alert when you have your tyres changed.

i had the same experience (getting my tyres installed and pointed to the wrong direction). Only discovered the boo-boo 2 days after a Stamford mechanic spotted it when i went for balancing and alignment. Never went back to that wretched shop again. Anyway, his business model is always based on two elements: speed and quantity and nothing else.

Well, anyone who goes to the "famous" cheap tyre shop who serve drinks and have long queues of customer in AMK industrial just be doubly-alert when you have your tyres changed.

that shop is hopeless now n they are no longer cheap lor.

I will ask the driver which CMI tire shop he goes too and then BAN myself from every stepping close to that shop !!

Some owners really funny one....dun check one meh ?

Over the weekend...I saw a MPV with his space saver spare mounted in the front...I told him that it was dangerous and advise him to swap his spare to the rear and use the rear tires to the front....he said I was seow !!

I will ask the driver which CMI tire shop he goes too and then BAN myself from every stepping close to that shop !!

Over the weekend...I saw a MPV with his space saver spare mounted in the front...I told him that it was dangerous and advise him to swap his spare to the rear and use the rear tires to the front....he said I was seow !!

eh... this kinda driver wanna die just let him die lor! knn [hur]

Supercharged

alot of car drivers dunno anything except for sit in, engage gear and press pedals.

they just blindly accept the work done by WS, without checking.... stupid lor.

hell, some of them dun even know how to pump air!!!!

one of my tyre was spotted on the spot by the workshop recently when i'd mine changed... 2 guys was working on it and somehow, one guy fixed up wrongly onto the rim but the guy who fix up the last piece of tyre onto the car spotted it and have it rotated... they do double check before fixing it up and no prize for guessing it right, not that famous AMK shop ....... [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement