Nice show Premiering on Discovery Channel: Iditarod, The Last Greatest Race

Xspace

The Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race, usually just called the "Iditarod", is an annual sled dog race in Alaska, where mushers and teams of typically 16 dogs cover 1,161 miles (1868 km) in eight to fifteen days from Willow (near Anchorage) to Nome. The Iditarod began in 1973 as an event to test the best sled dog mushers and teams, evolving into the highly competitive race it is today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iditarod_Trail_Sled_Dog_Race

http://www.iditarod.com/

Iditarod_guy.jpg

iditarod_collage.jpg

md_28869610_Iditarod.jpg

Google Earth Trail

google_earth_iditarod_trail.JPG

↡ Advertisement

zz i got no cable tv, so i'm using Sopcast. when i downloaded sopcast a few months back still got discovery channel, but last month no more discovery channel. when i click it says channel is offline. national geographic also sometimes got sometimes dont have. anyone know what other programs got consistent airing of these channels? thanks.

Real men and women. Real harsh conditions.

Been watching the just concluded Alaska Experiment.

With the threat of dying everyday. You cannot afford to muck around to be miserable or argue with people. You have to hunt, chop trees etc. Backbreaking. They are altered with this experiment.

Better than Survivor. Humans survive because they work together. Much more positive.

In the wild, you use anything. Your dog died? Cannot got to waste, take his skin. Shot an animal? You got to eat everything the animal has to offer which includes its organs.

Where got like going to KFC? I want thighs and drumstick only. :D

↡ Advertisement