Is Singapore Driving License valid in LHD countries?

Quantum

we all have the experience when we go to those RHD (Right-Hand-Drive Vehicle )countries such as Malaysia, Thailand etc, we can rent local vehicles by present our Singapore Driving License, [drivingcar]

but if in those (Left-Hand-Drive Vehicle )countries such as Taiwan,China, Korea and almost all Euro countries, North America etc, so how... [confused]

↡ Advertisement

we all have the experience when we go to those RHD (Right-Hand-Drive Vehicle )countries such as Malaysia, Thailand etc, we can rent local vehicles by present our Singapore Driving License, [drivingcar]

but if in those (Left-Hand-Drive Vehicle )countries such as Taiwan,China, Korea and almost all Euro countries, North America etc, so how... [confused]

no problem. it just takes a bit of getting used to. and maybe that occasional straying into opposite traffic [laugh]

i've used the singapore license to rent a car in the US. no issues.

(edited)

singapore's license is considered a intl license if im not wrong

but I know at least China doesn't recognize singapore's license, singapore's license holder want to drive in China have to attend local triffic theory(Chinese paper only) test and thoroughly medical check , bad experience [smallcry]

Edited by Quantum

Turbocharged

but I know at least China doesn't recognize singapore's license, singapore's license holder want to drive in China have to attend local triffic theory(Chinese paper only) test and thoroughly medical check , bad experience [smallcry]

even if you convert in China, i dont think u dare to drive in their cities. [sweatdrop]

Aiya, u never use Mao Zhe Dong to discuss with them? No problem with mine.

even if you convert in China, i dont think u dare to drive in their cities. [sweatdrop]

I think in china the drive culture is totally different from Singapore, frankly say compare to singapore driver china drivers are more patient, they would not get angry when you change lane without signal, even you can U turn anytime everyone will stop to let you go, [laugh]

US dun need. China u need to convert, international no pakai, unless u diplomat! Hong Kong u can but less than 1 year stay, need international if more than year.

For Hong Kong international permits are also not valid for stay of more than one year, but with a driving licence from a long list of countries, including Singapore, you can apply for a full HK driving licence by direct issue without any test.

Turbocharged

it doesn't matter whether its LHD or RHD country. It depends on the local regulation, which may differ within countries. eg in UAE which is all LHD, Dubai requires you to have an int'l license to drive, but its other states says Sg license is ok

yup... know bout that china thingy.. went with my dad few mths ago to get an intl license. but also no use.. he say the traffic there too scary liao!

china license my dad got it in 1 day... just have to have contacts, bring them for starbucks and u'll get ur license...

Woa! ur dad must be very big shot, 1 day only. Even fake one also need 2 days or more.

Turbocharged

I think in china the drive culture is totally different from Singapore, frankly say compare to singapore driver china drivers are more patient, they would not get angry when you change lane without signal, even you can U turn anytime everyone will stop to let you go, [laugh]

the way they drive is like no govt one! l was in shanghai 3 weeks ago and our cabby bang a motorcyclist. luckily only minor injury. back in year 2000 when i was there the very first time, the cab i was in kissed the back side of another cab. My cabby got down and F the front cabby and demanded a compensation and he got it. i was [jawdrop]