PermSec lear to cook

Nolicense

Did he really say that? It's amazing ... this line "But if you are a good leader who has built up a good team, it is possible to go away for five weeks or even longer." .... I will be very very "shy" to do self-praise.

Taking five weeks

probably learned from esteemed MM. dummy conductor.. hehehe

i guess that's why all our gahmen ministries are on auto-pilot and policies neber change to reflect new realities

I wanted to but writing about this makes me boil, but since u started the ball rolling...

I used to think that the PAP government and their civil servants had some "intellectual empathy" (i.e. the ability to empathize due to intelligent and logical reasoning) but not so much of "practical empathy" (i.e. the ability to empathize due to their own experiences and compassion).

After this article, I'm beginning to think again.

To my surprise and their, I told them I would sign up for the course with them. (Taking five weeks' leave from work is not as difficult as one thinks. Most times, when you are at the top, you think you are indispensable. But if you are a good leader who has built up a good team, it is possible to go away for five weeks or even longer.)

Then why do we even need this guy in the 1st place! -_-

It's all very within his family's right to induce his children to learning cooking.

But not when you are using taxpayer's money at your own pleasure, and while Singaporeans, who have paid for your trip and overall expenses, are now cutting down drastically on their spending!

All this because of the recession, which the PAP, unfairly or not, has had a role in. Besides, I'm also displeased because first of all, there are French restaurants in Singapore, in which his kids could learn. Second, even if French restaurants are not on par, there's always Hong Kong, which isn't that far away, and therefore cheaper.

Instead he boasted that he's able to fly his entire family to Paris to learn cooking!- while ordinary citizens have to shrink their family budgets and eat at home more.

Its symptomatic of a government which has its priorities messed up, and screwed up.

46k is just the tip of the iceberg. What about tickets, expenses accommodation, gifts etc? Probably would hit 100k!

To me ... If someone can be away for 5 weeks from work and it doesn't affect any work operations ....Well...it could only mean one thing ...That guy is redundant ...

To me ... If someone can be away for 5 weeks from work and it doesn't affect any work operations ....Well...it could only mean one thing ...That guy is redundant ...

[shocked]

you are right!

ask him go away for 5 years see still can autopilot or not..if can, he can set up Michelin restaurant liao

[shocked]

you are right!

ask him go away for 5 years see still can autopilot or not..if can, he can set up Michelin restaurant liao

It doesn't matter if he is away for 5 weeks ...5 months ...5 years or even 50 years ....Point is ...Nobody will missed him !?!

It doesn't matter if he is away for 5 weeks ...5 months ...5 years or even 50 years ....Point is ...Nobody will missed him !?!

True......but you and the rest of the Sinkies keep 'asking him to come back' every other 5 years or so to take charge of your life and make it miserable!

So who is the donkey and idiot here? :D

Neutral Newbie

think he heeding gov calls for retraining under SPURS... wonder if he get paid for this sort of 'training'?

which part of the report mention that it's on the govt's expense? take note that he's taking leave to attend the cooking course.

how he spend his own money shd not be our concern......

Neutral Newbie

hhm...a lot of ladies take maternity leave of more than 5 weeks at a time but still can come back to work after that and remain relevant...so this guy okay lah, regarding who is paying, from the article we oso dunno so cant really say lor..

because u dun take leave to attend a course that your company is paying for....

anyway, the newspaper report was focused on the duration of his leave, that such a high level person can afford to take such long leave.

I think you guys got the wrong point. To me, it's nothing wrong to go away for five weeks on leave if you have job is done and your duties are covered. But what is repugnant about the issue is that he actually revealed that he spent $50k on cooking lessons when many Singaporeans are suffering from loss of jobs, pay cut, and some not even having enough to put food on the table!

It goes to show how remote these top civil servants are from the reality. Living in their ivory tower and being insensitive and callous.

This country is going to the pits, really.

Turbocharged

once the place is stabilised, and the people can 'autopilot', its time for the leader to move on to greater challenges..

perhaps he's hinting that he wanna ciao leow..

my place is like that.. a few times i stabilise the mess, until the people can perform swee swee, i can even go mia without the customer making noise, then the next thing my boss says, 'this xxx place needs your help'.. and off i go.. and the new mess just gets bigger [sweatdrop]

True......but you and the rest of the Sinkies keep 'asking him to come back' every other 5 years or so to take charge of your life and make it miserable!

So who is the donkey and idiot here? :D

Bro - Can make some amendment here ? Not "Me" and the rest of the Sinkies ...I for one vote SC in CCK .. Please do not forget about the 33.3 ... [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement