Yippee! I got a FREE calender from Town Council!

Sleepyman

I have just received a copy of a calender 2009 printed and published by the Town Council of Aljunied GRC. I was so elated that for this year, I have yet to receive a calender.

When I called my friends in the business circle, I was told that owing to the economic downturn, it is a rarity to find a calender. I am so lucky!

When I opened the pages, I realized that it was not only a calender but it also included photographs of all the MPs in the GRC. Every month has its flavour ie. an MP and it is repeated over and over again. How opportune! I was actually thinking of changing my dart board! Really saved my money!

My conclusion is that it is can't be just another govt propaganda with the objective of prolonging its rule and to use it in preparation for any sudden snap election. I mean they won by a whooping 56.09%! Wp was crushed like a cockroach!

Another question: As the Town councils are losing money in investments that have collapsed, why is the Town Council spending so much money on printing calenders? Going back to the last election, there were about 150.000 households. which means that the same number is printed, or even more.(complements to other fellow comrades)

If they are not using the Town Council's money, I am touched all the 5 MPS made their contributions. They must really be filled in their coffers. Why not use it for the needy, the poor etc. especially at a time when the citizens are trying to recoup and even to the extend of begging for food to fill their stomach? Why? It is because our MPs are far sighted! They do not want us to develop a clutch mentality! Yes, its tough working as a cleaner, having to fight with FTs with half the pay, but I guess everyone is happy, because there is no protest outside the Istana/Parliament house!

Majulla Singapura! Thank you PAP for more Good Years!

Edited by Sleepyman
↡ Advertisement

I have just received a copy of a calender 2009 printed and published by the Town Council of Aljunied GRC. I was so elated that for this year, I have yet to receive a calender.

When I called my friends in the business circle, I was told that owing to the economic downturn, it is a rarity to find a calender. I am so lucky!

When I opened the pages, I realized that it was not only a calender but it also included photographs of all the MPs in the GRC. Every month has its flavour ie. an MP and it is repeated over and over again. How opportune! I was actually thinking of changing my dart board! Really saved my money!

My conclusion is that it is can't be just another govt propaganda with the objective of prolonging its rule and to use it in preparation for any sudden snap election. I mean they won by a whooping 56.09%! Wp was crushed like a cockroach!

Another question: As the Town councils are losing money in investments that have collapsed, why is the Town Council spending so much money on printing calenders? Going back to the last election, there were about 150.000 households. which means that the same number is printed, or even more.(complements to other fellow comrades)

If they are not using the Town Council's money, I am touched all the 5 MPS made their contributions. They must really be filled in their coffers. Why not use it for the needy, the poor etc. especially at a time when the citizens are trying to recoup and even to the extend of begging for food to fill their stomach? Why? It is because our MPs are far sighted! They do not want us to develop a clutch mentality! Yes, its tough working as a cleaner, having to fight with FTs with half the pay, but I guess everyone is happy, because there is no protest outside the Istana/Parliament house!

cut and paste?

A free calender can make u so happy.

You dont sound like a sporean, if these words are your own.

Hmm Bro... didnt u sense the sacarsm in his words??? [thumbsup]

Woo Hoooooo! Glad to see someone happy like bird in times like this . . . . way to go bro!

Erhh . . . can photostat a copy for me? [rolleyes]

Woo Hoooooo! Glad to see someone happy like bird in times like this . . . . way to go bro!

Erhh . . . can photostat a copy for me? [rolleyes]

Got fax or nok? After pohot copy fax to me leh! Thks u [sweatdrop] !

Pls SCAN and paste it here so that everyone can use it as dartboard

Hur...... [shocked]

I receive mine 3rd week of December 08..... :mellow: , every year receive one in the letter box ....

Nothing special about it and pictures of SG MP's ...... no movie stars .... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Edited by Picnic06

Got fax or nok? After pohot copy fax to me leh! Thks u [sweatdrop] !

if they can spend $$$ to buy and lost so much $$ to dun know what "brothers" funds...

i'm sure they can print.... thousand and million of calendar.....

just a free calendar to them is sub sub suay....to them...they are flithy...rich

Edited by Lv3338

Waste our money printing the calander [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

Cannot say dat, TC save money from other project. Got surplus from budget, hence give back to ppl. Every household enjoy benifit. Only increase other things only or bo heuy when u complain !

if they can spend $$$ to buy and lost so much $$ to dun know what "brothers" funds...

i'm sure they can print.... thousand and million of calendar.....

just a free calendar to them is sub sub suay....to them...they are flithy...rich

Quote: We r only helping Layman nmah!

Cannot say dat, TC save money from other project. Got surplus from budget, hence give back to ppl. Every household enjoy benifit. Only increase other things only or bo heuy when u complain !

so u prefer getting free calendar then getting cash rebate...or lower SCC ... or less cash outflow from us