FC for Subaru impreza 1.5R sedan

Harveynorman

Oh...did i mentioned 1.5R is the best?

ok have fun driving a VIOS then...the best Fuel saving car in asia! [thumbsup]

I drive an odyssey and mazda3

↡ Advertisement

hehe... Allion. been driving it for 2 mths plus aready.

Congrate on your new ride....and a good choice to choose a japanese made Toyota.

Happy driving mate [drivingcar]

Neutral Newbie

why u feel sad for them? everybody choose their car based on their own criteria n budget...interior nice or not may not be the concern of some ppl

ok have fun driving a 1.5R then!

personally, i know that a similar sized 1.5 vios can easily achieve 15km/litre while 1.5R about 11km/litre.

my monthly petrol bill say, $500 on 1.5R

so changing to vios will be, 11/15 * 500 = $360.

every month i save $140 more than u. This amount can easily pay for insurance.

Wow One month save $140 then 12 months is $1680. [shocked] and 5 years is $8400 liao.

Edited by Jl1500k

I ever came across Lexus, Toyota, Honda and Nissan breakdown in Singapore road, some barely even one year old.....hmmmm, so what to do with AWD??? <_<

FYI, my previous 3yr old Toyota can breakdown even with full service record at workshop...so, should i say Toyota must be a real headache ???

It is about the towing lah and your Toyota must be a lemon to breakdown in three years of driving.

Anyway no complaints lah.......my Renault Megane .....1.6L only.....but consumption is like avg 8.8 or 9 or even lesser.......city driving that is. Highway would be very ideal avg 11 or even 12 or more. What to do....5 yr old car [rolleyes]

It is about the towing lah and your Toyota must be a lemon to breakdown in three years of driving.

haha [thumbsup]

i also think so.

maybe never service at all for 3 years.

why u feel sad for them? everybody choose their car based on their own criteria n budget...interior nice or not may not be the concern of some ppl

okok sorry.

I guess my words were too harsh and critical.

What to do [bigcry]

Edited by Lemonade78

haha [thumbsup]

i also think so.

maybe never service at all for 3 years.

Hi bro Friendstar,

Infact, have been service regularly on every interval at a reputable outside workshop for the past 3 years on my Toyota with OWS good quality engine oil and Iridium Spark plug and never intend to save those maintainance money. In fact, the last service was my 80K major servicing with me looking throughout the whole process which took ard 2hrs. A week later, i drove up Malaysia and my worst nightmare happened not on normal roads but uphill going Genting.

Ask my workshop, they say that its not their problem.....Try to log a report with agent on the hardware parts without asking for claim (even though engine 5 years warranty) and i can say it is useless.....in fact, was extremely shock to hear their reply [sweatdrop]

Anyway....its my Luck with this Lemon.

Quickly sell my Lemon away and learnt a "Big Lesson".....just go to Agent for the routine service within the warranty period and everything will be taken care even with a Big Lemon. [scholar]

Edited by Lemonade78

Supersonic

Servicing at agent doesn't guarantee anything. It doesn't guarantee your car won't breakdown halfway up the slope of Genting.

There are two problems: neglect to do regular servicing and parts quality problem.

You have to take more interest in your own servicing schedule of the car and make sure it's done, whether by Agent, outside workshop or even diy.

Just merely having a closed and lazy mind and send to Agent doesn't solved all your problems.

For Genting trip, the most important is a working, efficient cooling system and brake system.

If your Agent neglect to check on this, you may still get problem stuck going up Genting.

Got to ask yourself, how often you change out your radiator coolant or brake fluid? Ever change at all? If Agent don't ask, don't do...are you still sure you won't get a breakdown?

Servicing at agent doesn't guarantee anything. It doesn't guarantee your car won't breakdown halfway up the slope of Genting.

There are two problems: neglect to do regular servicing and parts quality problem.

You have to take more interest in your own servicing schedule of the car and make sure it's done, whether by Agent, outside workshop or even diy.

Just merely having a closed and lazy mind and send to Agent doesn't solved all your problems.

For Genting trip, the most important is a working, efficient cooling system and brake system.

If your Agent neglect to check on this, you may still get problem stuck going up Genting.

Got to ask yourself, how often you change out your radiator coolant or brake fluid? Ever change at all? If Agent don't ask, don't do...are you still sure you won't get a breakdown?

Nothing to do with the radiator or brake.......everything was change according to the schedule in all my past 3 years service. The breakdown is due to hardware part in the engine which is somthing to do with the VVTI CAM. At the instance of breakdown, temperature of the car is normal and brake is working fine. Just that the car suddenly stop.

Anyway, My workshop requested me to log a report to the agent on the breakdown of this part and even with my submission of all my past servicing receipt from my regular workshop to prove that the car is still regularly maintain even though it is done outside. However, i was given reply that made me LL and F-off even without the intention to claim anything from the agent.

Anyway, it History on my Thai-Lemon ride and also a big lesson learnt.....just go back to agent on the servicing during warranty period and try not to bring the car to outside workshop for serivicing . If engine got any issue, still can "Bang" table and have 101 reason to claim from agent. As for buying a Toyota, i still dun mind getting Toyota but have to be a Jap made instead of a Tom-Yam for the confidence of quality.

Neutral Newbie

My Impreza 1.5R 4dr - FC is 6.8l/100km driving from SGP to Msia round trip 500km two days ago.

I am impressed with the car performance for AWD road handling and suspension does not feel like Japanese car

very much like european car.

I think the car body weight 1.3ton is because of safety standard for common chassis for 2.0/WRX 4dr which is better

from my POV.

If you are racer Boy/Girl with money go for 2.0/WRX.

↡ Advertisement