Soundproofing for doors

Oklor76

Neutral Newbie

Hi everybody,

I have this problem with my car on the right door that create a wind noise when I am driving at around 100km/hr.

I understand from some people saying that by pasting sound proofing strip it will remove the sound. But I checked my car. And I feel the black strip of rubber that is suppose to insulate the car from noise still look very new. Is it going to work by pasting on top of it?

Any bros here can recommend me a place to troubleshoot or do up the door insulation. I know that a company S***** is charging $40 for the door. I am comtemplating to go there to do if it really can solve my noise problem.

Any commends?thanks

↡ Advertisement

Hi everybody,

I have this problem with my car on the right door that create a wind noise when I am driving at around 100km/hr.

I understand from some people saying that by pasting sound proofing strip it will remove the sound. But I checked my car. And I feel the black strip of rubber that is suppose to insulate the car from noise still look very new. Is it going to work by pasting on top of it?

Any bros here can recommend me a place to troubleshoot or do up the door insulation. I know that a company S***** is charging $40 for the door. I am comtemplating to go there to do if it really can solve my noise problem.

Any commends?thanks

eh.. the black rubber is more to insulate against RAIN.

do note that noise can come into the car from door, wheel arch and btm of car, if you SP one side, the other side will get irritating and it never ends.

experts please advice !!

Hi everybody,

Any commends?thanks

I have sound proof my previous Lancer cs3 b4. Just on the 4 doors. It does have some effect but still not ideal. But the problem is, the FC got a bad hit thereafter. Fm 12km/lts drop to 10. Pick-up is slower than b4 too. I cant image doing the roof and undercarr-age.

IMHO, some cars cannot be made to be quiet.

Neutral Newbie

eh.. the black rubber is more to insulate against RAIN.

do note that noise can come into the car from door, wheel arch and btm of car, if you SP one side, the other side will get irritating and it never ends.

experts please advice !!

But I feel it come from my window..because it quite loud. Do you think I should spend the $40? or any alternative?

Neutral Newbie

I have sound proof my previous Lancer cs3 b4. Just on the 4 doors. It does have some effect but still not ideal. But the problem is, the FC got a bad hit thereafter. Fm 12km/lts drop to 10. Pick-up is slower than b4 too. I cant image doing the roof and undercarr-age.

I just wanna remove the wind noise now. I have already soundproofed my front door with 3 layers already.

Neutral Newbie

you will be wasting your $40/80. it will not make a difference to wind noise.

so what should I do? Is there any shop that do troubleshooting for wind noise?

How heavy is your sound proofing material for 4 doors. It can't be so heavy that caused FC to drop from 12 to 10 km/l [confused]

so what should I do? Is there any shop that do troubleshooting for wind noise?

means by native design, ur car is not aerodynamic

soundproofing even 1000 layers wont help u

Neutral Newbie

means by native design, ur car is not aerodynamic

soundproofing even 1000 layers wont help u

It not the road noise. It the wind noise which sound like a whistle when i drive ard 90km/hr onwards.

It not the road noise. It the wind noise which sound like a whistle when i drive ard 90km/hr onwards.

Why not send to workshop to readjust your door? It could be the hinges out of place or sth.

Are you sure it's from your door? Wind noise are often generated by the side mirror. Or did you install window visors?

which part of aerodynamics is related wrt road noise

check ur door alignment, door seals, windscreen seals

if all fails and the same noise persists on a brand new similar car, blame the design

You have a wind noise like as if your window is not completely closed, right?

You can checked if there are gaps or break in the rubber and the window is fully wound up to the top.

Also checked the rubber door seal for any tear.

sound-proofing the windows/doors will not increase the consumption of your car.

its more like doors not closed tightly due to some gaps between the doors n the car body, not so much on the windows. there is a simple way to rectify this. an experience mechanic will b able to help u with this.

[drivingcar]

Neutral Newbie

Why not send to workshop to readjust your door? It could be the hinges out of place or sth.

Are you sure it's from your door? Wind noise are often generated by the side mirror. Or did you install window visors?

Quite sure it from the door as the whistling sound is quite loud which is uncommon. I don't have window visors. it really a loud audible whistle.

Neutral Newbie

sound-proofing the windows/doors will not increase the consumption of your car.

its more like doors not closed tightly due to some gaps between the doors n the car body, not so much on the windows. there is a simple way to rectify this. an experience mechanic will b able to help u with this.

[drivingcar]

Do you have an experience mechanic that can catch this type of wind noise?

Neutral Newbie

You have a wind noise like as if your window is not completely closed, right?

You can checked if there are gaps or break in the rubber and the window is fully wound up to the top.

Also checked the rubber door seal for any tear.

I can't check, anybody can recommend to do the checking?

↡ Advertisement