Recent O level results - Msia Boleh!

Starry

Recent O level results :

1) Top Student : 10 A1

2) 2nd top student : 9A1, 1A2.

Both Malaysians.

What happened to the Singaporeans?

So don't blame the FT policy ok......locals are just not good enough... [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Recent O level results :

Both Malaysians.

So don't blame the FT policy ok......locals are just not good enough... [lipsrsealed]

My question is what RACE are these 2 students??? it makes a difference......

Recent O level results :

Both Malaysians.

Many many years back when I was still a seconday school student, my class has many foreign students from Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand. The brighest and most hardworking one are always the Malaysian. So I'm not surprised. Anyway result is one thing, if they are not going into the public sector, you still need luck and high EQ to make it there in the private sectors. Some of them are now teachers and most of them have gone back to their countires. During those days, only those with rich financal background could afford to send their kids here for study. So they already have an upper hand.

Regards,

Recent O level results :

Both Malaysians.

There are 30++ ppl got 9A1... 90% local. [flowerface]

Even the top 2 malaysian also never mind... I believe someday they or their children will become S'porean [laugh]

(edited)

Many many years back when I was still a seconday school student, my class has many foreign students from Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand. The brighest and most hardworking one are always the Malaysian. So I'm not surprised. Anyway result is one thing, if they are not going into the public sector, you still need luck and high EQ to make it there in the private sectors. Some of them are now teachers and most of them have gone back to their countires. During those days, only those with rich financal background could afford to send their kids here for study. So they already have an upper hand.

Regards,

Singaporeans busy playing computer games I think.

if got Nintendo DS, PSP, PS3, Wii, Xbox, PC games competition, Singaporeans will get 6 A1 (One A1 for each console)

Edited by Starry

Recent O level results :

Both Malaysians.

Chey! Nothing strange mah. If malaysia side's education system can be as good as us, sporean can also go top thier class there.

Supercharged

They are Chinese... [flowerface]

Chinese.... see? it makes a difference.

Chinese ppl are generally smart and more hard working... so i'm not surprised that Msian chinese getting top grades.

Even in Malaysia schools, those top students are mostly Chinese.....

i dun want to mention other races..... dun want to start a racial war... :D:D

Neutral Newbie

many of the locals in top schools (RI, RGS, HCI, etc) are doing the through train IP programme liao. left with neighbourhood schools to fight it out.

Turbocharged

Chinese ppl are generally smart and more hard working... so i'm not surprised that Msian chinese getting top grades.

I believe more of being on scholarship (already cream of the crop) and also because they know what will happen if they don't perform well since their parents work so hard to send them here to stay (SGD1 = RM2). But I believe this is good for the local kids because with competition will they then work harder.

There are 30++ ppl got 9A1... 90% local. [flowerface]

Even the top 2 malaysian also never mind... I believe someday they or their children will become S'porean [laugh]

Quite right, Pareto theory. 20% and 80%. May have a foreigner topping the exam but majority of the locals are scoring more than the foreigners. If 80% are consisting of foreigners are scoring better then need to worry! [jawdrop]

Another question that rings in my mind is are they offspring's of a father who is a taxi driver? Look at the about of students in our UNIs whose fathers are of that occupation.... biggrinbounce.gif

Perhaps this can be already consider a racist comment? [lipsrsealed]

Quote:

No political or racial comments will be allowed.

Quite right, Pareto theory. 20% and 80%. May have a foreigner topping the exam but majority of the locals are scoring more than the foreigners. If 80% are consisting of foreigners are scoring better then need to worry! [jawdrop]

There are far more Sporeans students than foreigners, quite obvious majority will score better la.

Should set a benchmark (say at least 7 As and above) and see what is the percentage of foreigners achieve that compare to the percentage of Singaporeans who score above that.

Supercharged

Perhaps this can be already consider a racist comment? [lipsrsealed]

Quote:

No political or racial comments will be allowed.

that's why i stopped my further comments...... dun want to go too deep.

But all of us know the reasons behind......

that's why i stopped my further comments...... dun want to go too deep.

But all of us know the reasons behind......

Don't think is race la. if really because of "Chinese" factor, then the top fellow should be from PRC.

↡ Advertisement