Recession: you and your company

Vega

Turbocharged

So far, what effect has this recession affected you and your company? no need to put company name, just which industry will do.

For me, from IT industry. All head count freeze. no traveling except rev generating activities. No pay cut.........yet (hopefully). Last quarter still see business growing but this quarter will be bad. :-(

↡ Advertisement

So far, what effect has this recession affected you and your company? no need to put company name, just which industry will do.

For me, from IT industry. All head count freeze. no traveling except rev generating activities. No pay cut.........yet (hopefully). Last quarter still see business growing but this quarter will be bad. :-(

my side all head count freeze , no replacement for turnover staff unless crucial in ops.. no unnecessary travel . even if travelling , on regional areas all budget flights only including MD. all overseas trips shortened even banned from overnights. NO CALANDERS this year !!!

Petrochemical industry. Plant stop production due to low/no demand. Quite a few plants in Jurong Island I hear also stop production. No pay cut rumour, hope it stay that way.

Neutral Newbie

Same here... headcount freeze, increment freeze, travel freeze. And heard in previous months a lot of people were let go with stupid reasons ex. Due to Poor Performance of the employee

Upcoming will be compulsory 2 days off after chinese new year with deduction in pay.

For the subsidiary in Malaysia, heard the off will be 3 days after chinese new year and upcoming month, will be half day every friday (with salary deduction too)...

Heard that there will be major lay off after chinese new year...

Precision Engineering....Worst that i had ever seen since i started working eons ago.

Many MNCs are having never-seen-before long break starting from tomorrow till 2-2-2009.

The worst had yet to come....so I heard.. [bigcry]

Mine is architectural consultancy and property.

No headcount freezed yet. Nothing heard so far.

But staff are working extremely long hours due to work coming in from the region and Middle East.

They stopped the half yearly appraisal system for employees.

My office is moving from high cost location, to a lower cost location.

Headcount freezes, a few top honchos (mostly expats) have already left or been asked to leave.

No paycuts, but there will be no increments this year.

Our product lines have been cut with the consequent headcount reductions.

unpaid leaves for some depts, freeze employment (thats for sure), normal handshake for few underperform staffs, streamlining oversea headcounts etc....

Very fortunately I still get my 13th mth + bonus.

I will be spending the first 15 days of the Year of OX at home..due to the long shut down....expect a minor operation chop chop to take place in Apr & May

Turbocharged

I will be spending the first 15 days of the Year of OX at home..due to the long shut down....expect a minor operation chop chop to take place in Apr & May

which industry are you from? just want to have a feel which industries has better resistence to this down turn. This is the main purpose for me to start off this topic. :-)

Wow bro its not 15 days of forced-unpaid leaves right?

↡ Advertisement