Going to Brisbane, Please Advice

Sozo

Dig out this old thread.

Will be heading to Brisbane in Dec. Any advice what to see and do there.

Other than Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast, any other big nature park near by?

I am more towards nature than city and also not  a beach person.

All suggestion welcome.

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement

8 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Dig out this old thread.

All suggestion welcome.

Fraser Island

• Praise 1

Twincharged
35 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Dig out this old thread.

All suggestion welcome.

yes can go up to O'Reilly

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Just saw this. This country is never for me, I feel they are just expensive for nothing. They are a lot racist and lazy lah. 

I was there several times but I tell my friends and wife there are many places much worth to go with the same amount of money and more friendly people. There several times cos different places and with different people and business. I will not even repeat the place unless it is or business. 

Don't flame me, I am speaking my mind. Even Australians I meet outside who does not want to go back agree with me. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

When my niece was there studying in Melbourne. She complain one "Bak Zhang" there is 12 AUD🤣. I tell her to come back to SG, can make her as much to eat as she'd like to.

8 minutes ago, Arogab said:

When my niece was there studying in Melbourne. She complain one "Bak Zhang" there is 12 AUD🤣. I tell her to come back to SG, can make her as much to eat as she'd like to.

their inflation is quite scary [sweatdrop]

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Dig out this old thread.

All suggestion welcome.

Mount Tamborine is a nice drive. Lunch at the small village. 

Nature parks - Springbrook, Natural Bridge, Purling Brook Waterfall (decent) etc. Mostly easy short hikes. Views mostly so so not spectacular though.

Can drive to Byron Bay Lighthouse as well stop by at Coolangatta Coastal Park. And the pier/beach after Sea World. 

I find Gold Coast a more convenient place to stay rather than Brisbane. (OK I am biased cos we always stay with friends FOC).

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
39 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

their inflation is quite scary [sweatdrop]

I have been to quite a few places there including business, self tour and going with friends to dive at Great Barrier Reef, ogling at Spanish girls in thongs and party and drinks. But there, I always don't feel we are welcomed right from the customs/immigration. They may think we are there to do some other things and not to really holiday. I rather be in Europe.[drivingcar]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, denser said:

which city in Australia good for self-drive? maybe for 10 days

No Australian city is good for self drive because of horrendous parking rates, double digit dollars in the CBD per hour. 

Tasmania is beautiful and you can do the perimeter of the island. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

@Tohto 

Some others not yet mentioned:

Mount Coot-ha (don't just stop at the mountain lookout but take the loop, got a few lookouts, waterfalls and hiking trails if that's your thing)

Glass House Mountains

Lamington National Park

Keep to the speed limits. The cops there don't mess around, 1kmh over is still over. 

• Praise 4

10 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

No Australian city is good for self drive because of horrendous parking rates, double digit dollars in the CBD per hour. 

Tasmania is beautiful and you can do the perimeter of the island. 

That's why I prefer Gold Coast. Everywhere (almost) free parking and easy to find lots! 😆

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

That's why I prefer Gold Coast. Everywhere (almost) free parking and easy to find lots! 😆

I like the Australian system of 1H/2H etc. where you can park free for the designated time. A warden comes by to chalk your tire and if you’re still here when he’s back you get a ticket. 

• Praise 1

@kobayashiGT @Carbon82

This old Brisbane thread was created in the Lite & EZ section, can help to move it to Travel section for easy following as the Lite & EZ section is moving very fast, the thread will disappear within a day.

• Praise 2

On 8/30/2022 at 9:47 AM, Arogab said:

Just saw this. This country is never for me, I feel they are just expensive for nothing. They are a lot racist and lazy lah. 

I was there several times but I tell my friends and wife there are many places much worth to go with the same amount of money and more friendly people. There several times cos different places and with different people and business. I will not even repeat the place unless it is or business. 

Don't flame me, I am speaking my mind. Even Australians I meet outside who does not want to go back agree with me. 

Have been Down Under …… quite a number of times ( until my chewren protest dunch wan to go anymore ) so far every trip has been pleasant and a different experience  …. Most of the motels are run by Asians and so are the gas stations and supermarts too … don’t see much whites there except in suburbs or city centres …… maybe unfortunately you met the wrong Bogans and dingo’s ……. Wifey also had an encounter with a traffic cop and warned her to keep to the speed limit ….. lucky 

• Praise 2