Going to Brisbane, Please Advice

Sozo

12 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Have been Down Under …… quite a number of times ( until my chewren protest dunch wan to go anymore ) so far every trip has been pleasant and a different experience  …. Most of the motels are run by Asians and so are the gas stations and supermarts too … don’t see much whites there except in suburbs or city centres …… maybe unfortunately you met the wrong Bogans and dingo’s ……. Wifey also had an encounter with a traffic cop and warned her to keep to the speed limit ….. lucky 

My experience start from facing the immigration officers man. The place is pleasant. But I think not the people like i say, the AM. But it's ok, I have toured several places there. I will prefer to go other places than there😁

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

My experience start from facing the immigration officers man. The place is pleasant. But I think not the people like i say, the AM. But it's ok, I have toured several places there. I will prefer to go other places than there😁

Bro ..... most countries the Immigration .... I just keep a low profile but cheery one....... dont expect anything from anyone though I still always greet them & be courteous (not to expect a reciprocative response from them)......we are entering their turf anyways...dunno if you remember some time back some Sinkies were talking whilst waiting in  line in Batam and kenna return back .... but have to say that Oz/Kiwi quarantine part is quite very strict (very like on the "bola" with a doggie walking around...... so always declare fully as usually we Asians tend to bring lots of our local makan there because can cook in their motels... so they really like scrutinize the ingredients and if like unpacked  (no original packaging)  lagi more ?????? asked 😥       

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Bro ..... most countries the Immigration .... I just keep a low profile but cheery one....... dont expect anything from anyone though I still always greet them & be courteous (not to expect a reciprocative response from them)......we are entering their turf anyways...dunno if you remember some time back some Sinkies were talking whilst waiting in  line in Batam and kenna return back .... but have to say that Oz/Kiwi quarantine part is quite very strict (very like on the "bola" with a doggie walking around...... so always declare fully as usually we Asians tend to bring lots of our local makan there because can cook in their motels... so they really like scrutinize the ingredients and if like unpacked  (no original packaging)  lagi more ?????? asked 😥       

I know bro, just I still don't like some attitude. Not like Thailand, China or even Europe. They seem to show you that you are here to enjoy, relax that kind of attidue instead of like show face on "why the hell are you doing here". Maybe I sauy to meet with the lousy guy lah. 

When I go Japan, they will ask like you come here how many times? And also welcome you. One guy even tell me outside is very cold on one trip looking at my attire. 

I don't go around how lian with immigration. I always have the easy going attitude and never play play around. Cos I also don't wanna be in trouble

• Praise 5

On 9/9/2022 at 11:09 AM, Arogab said:

I know bro, just I still don't like some attitude. Not like Thailand, China or even Europe. They seem to show you that you are here to enjoy, relax that kind of attidue instead of like show face on "why the hell are you doing here". Maybe I sauy to meet with the lousy guy lah. 

When I go Japan, they will ask like you come here how many times? And also welcome you. One guy even tell me outside is very cold on one trip looking at my attire. 

I don't go around how lian with immigration. I always have the easy going attitude and never play play around. Cos I also don't wanna be in trouble

What you seem to want to say is the Oz immigration treats you with suspicion as if you're an immigration offender or entering with criminal intent? Whereas other countries's immigration treat you like welcomed tourist? I think I might know what you mean but do remember that Oz immigration is very strict, really much stricter than many other places... they're very transparent in their rules, so I guess they tend to be rather suspicious maybe cos from experience or statistics Asian visitors may seem to want to 'bend' their rules... just guessing... I've been there a few times, the last time in 2019 to Perth with my wife and baby... the experience through the immigration was quite pleasant... didn't feel like they were suspicious, especially my wife doesn't hold Singapore passport also...

• Praise 1

On 9/10/2022 at 2:08 PM, teomingern said:

What you seem to want to say is the Oz immigration treats you with suspicion as if you're an immigration offender or entering with criminal intent? Whereas other countries's immigration treat you like welcomed tourist? I think I might know what you mean but do remember that Oz immigration is very strict, really much stricter than many other places... they're very transparent in their rules, so I guess they tend to be rather suspicious maybe cos from experience or statistics Asian visitors may seem to want to 'bend' their rules... just guessing... I've been there a few times, the last time in 2019 to Perth with my wife and baby... the experience through the immigration was quite pleasant... didn't feel like they were suspicious, especially my wife doesn't hold Singapore passport also...

Maybe you lucky or I meet the bad ones lah. But I would care, I just choose not to go unless necessary also after I toured there few places. Don't worry for me, I don't hold too much grudges. I just moved on that's all. 

• Haha! 2

Do I need register an ImmiAccount before apply for Australia visa?

Sorry for the noob question as my previous  travel there visa not apply by myself. 

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Do I need register an ImmiAccount before apply for Australia visa?

Sorry for the noob question as my previous  travel there visa not apply by myself. 

Eh? Don't need... just visit the ETA website and apply online... if I don't remember wrongly it's all electronic... send to you an email immediately or something like that... no chop on passport... actually that day I was examining my passport... no immigration stamp from Oz... I think all captured electronically now...

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Arogab said:

Maybe you lucky or I meet the bad ones lah. But I would care, I just choose not to go unless necessary also after I toured there few places. Don't worry for me, I don't hold too much grudges. I just moved on that's all. 

nothing to do with luck lah, even ang mo come to singapore can also meet with racists remark here.

my first night in Perth already met someone shouting at us during the orientation tour in the city, make me cry on that day wanting to go home [laugh]

but next day when a few of us walking around the neighborhood and we got lost not knowing we were few KM away from the campus, we walked into a deli shop asking for direction (that time no internet, not to mention smart phone with google map [laugh]). One aussie customer heard where we come from and offer a ride back to the campus.

See there are always good and bad people in a country.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Arogab said:

isnt the US immigration  worse.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

33 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

nothing to do with luck lah, even ang mo come to singapore can also meet with racists remark here.

my first night in Perth already met someone shouting at us during the orientation tour in the city, make me cry on that day wanting to go home [laugh]

but next day when a few of us walking around the neighborhood and we got lost not knowing we were few KM away from the campus, we walked into a deli shop asking for direction (that time no internet, not to mention smart phone with google map [laugh]). One aussie customer heard where we come from and offer a ride back to the campus.

See there are always good and bad people in a country.

That's why I moved on. I remember, I was on one man operation, my third trip to Mexico taking the operation lead. I could not get to to hotel driving round. Go to Starbucks and ask also to buy drink, they cannot speak English but go find someone to help. End up they also give me free drink as shop just closed.

26 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

isnt the US immigration  worse.

Yeah. Then I remembered I got shouted are you trying to get a free ride with no APEC card? I told the guy calmly, if I got to the wrong lane, just tell me nicely I go to another lane. In fact my friend has APEC and I can be with him. I also suck thumb

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Car rental price had gone sky high, any reasonable price and reliable rental company to recommend?

Those big player price all damn ex. 

4 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Look like there is no cheaper one like last time, 5 days of rental will cost more than AUD1k for a Corolla size.

a quick search is around A$500-$750, even for the big 3.

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

a quick search is around A$500-$750, even for the big 3.

With some promotion code or anything? 

I did a direct check and also through RentalCar website and link provide by inline6 for Dec all very ex leh..

4 minutes ago, Tohto said:

With some promotion code or anything? 

I did a direct check and also through RentalCar website and link provide by inline6 for Dec all very ex leh..

this was what i found for 6 days (not sure you refer to 5 night or 5 day so i choose 6 days), pick up n return at airport, if add on more insurance another $116.

Toyota-Camry-or-similar.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2