WeiTecs coilovers by KW for Superb

Fisheye

Neutral Newbie

Just changed my suspensions today to WeiTecs coilovers (subsidary of KW). These are non adjustable coilovers except for the ride height. Here are the pictures...

post-2325-1232634515_thumb.jpg

post-2325-1232634539_thumb.jpg

post-2325-1232634563_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

even even more pics [shocked] You can see for the rear dampers, they have already expired. notice the hydraulic oil splatter on the wheel housing

post-2325-1232635246_thumb.jpg

post-2325-1232635319_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fisheye

Neutral Newbie

And finally to end all your misery.... [sleeping][sleeping][sleeping] ride height is adjusted to 3 fingers for the rear and 2 for the front...

post-2325-1232635526_thumb.jpg

post-2325-1232635547_thumb.jpg

post-2325-1232635568_thumb.jpg

And finally to end all your misery.... [sleeping][sleeping][sleeping] ride height is adjusted to 3 fingers for the rear and 2 for the front...

Bro, your settings salah already. Like this there is strong tendancy for understeer as your car is nose heavy. Weight distribution should be even front and rear measured from chasis jacking point, not by fingers. Most drivers are unaware and prefer this setting cos look "aerodynamic" and swee but from a handling aspect, its totally off. Don't believe now u go take a hard corner then later lower ur rear to 2 fingers and try the same thing again. You will know what I mean. Just sharing my 2 cents worth.

[rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Bro, your settings salah already. Like this there is strong tendancy for understeer as your car is nose heavy. Weight distribution should be even front and rear measured from chasis jacking point, not by fingers. Most drivers are unaware and prefer this setting cos look "aerodynamic" and swee but from a handling aspect, its totally off. Don't believe now u go take a hard corner then later lower ur rear to 2 fingers and try the same thing again. You will know what I mean. Just sharing my 2 cents worth.

[rolleyes]

I do always carry a full load everyday so the 3 and 2 becomes 2 and 2. Anyway the mechanic did the measurements and adjustments without me giving any inputs as to preferences. I personally couldnt care for ride height looks/sweeness as long as my car's ass [lipsrsealed] can fit into a parking lot without scraping my exhaust I'm happy. Btw...I bought the suspensions for a heavier front axle loading capacity compared to the actual one for the superb. So far still sitting in the suspensions. After about a month will go back and do final adjustments. [thumbsup] Thanks for the tips [sly]

Edited by Fisheye

I do always carry a full load everyday so the 3 and 2 becomes 2 and 2. Anyway the mechanic did the measurements and adjustments without me giving any inputs as to preferences. I personally couldnt care for ride height looks/sweeness as long as my car's ass [lipsrsealed] can fit into a parking lot without scraping my exhaust I'm happy. Btw...I bought the suspensions for a heavier front axle loading capacity compared to the actual one for the superb. So far still sitting in the suspensions. After about a month will go back and do final adjustments. [thumbsup] Thanks for the tips [sly]

Hey don't mention dude. As usual the mechs dont usually give a sh*t or bother about the owners safety, they just wack only. 2 & 2 is better but if possible, measure from below the chasis, more accurate. Eg. height of 1 can of coke front, and the same can of coke for the rear.

Cheers [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

For coilovers, pricing is definitely much cheaper that KW. Warranty for the set is by KW so there is no issues. If you want to ask pricing, I can give you the contact.