Meguiar's =(

Karebu

I've just bought the Meguairs NXT Car Wash. It kinda left 'patches' on my car after a wash.

Did I pour too much a capful or is there some way of washing the car that I don't know of?

i hav just finish a bottle of nxt car wash. no patchy problem. could it be yr car is too hot when u wash yr ride?

↡ Advertisement

I guess most brands are the same...always best to use the same brand product for the entire job...that way cannot blame the brand but the skill haha...

I am a fan of Megiure's exterior products, for interior, i've not tried their stuff before...kinda too expensive :) so i just buy those cheaper brands..

I know Duragloss is good...that's why next time i will try it...just that i have almost the whole Meguire range and they take forever to finish :)...so once finish then i buy duraloss and try...unless they have like sample pack.....cause cannot just buy one item...need to buy the wash,polish,wax,sealant etc..quite expensive man...so must finish then can try new brand :) dowan to waste money la...

Anyways, i just did a wash/wax today using:

1) NXT Wash

2) Meguire Clay Bar

3) Meguire NXT Tech Wax 2.0

4) Meguire Quick Detailler

SDC10632.jpg

SDC10633.jpg

DIY at home and i'm not a pro so maybe not the best job la...but overall i'm quitehappy with Meguire stuff...easy to use and results are pretty good

Edited by Spinworkx

Neutral Newbie

I switched from Meguire to Duragloss, not because they are not good but I find Duragloss much easy to work on. I had full range of Duragloss from MD, the leather conditioner is the one not to be missed.

Duragloss prices aren't too expensive compared to some brands, most important it works.

Above are my preferences only.

i'm using both quic wax and quic detailer, both works well for my ride [thumbsup]

for the quic wax, i just use a normal sponge applicator i bot fr daiso and then a normal cotton clothe to buff off...

for the quic detailer, im using the 3M detailer clothe and it works well too...

Neutral Newbie

Actually for quick detailer, just spray a little bit is enough. More product doesn't mean better result. And remember to turn to the other side of the microfiber cloth and buff it till clear. Most of the time, I see the problem of people applying too much product, be it wax or detailer.

Some detailer like the Meg Ultimate quick detailer (or #135) are designed to stay on the paint for a long time, they are sticky if you applied too much.

There are so many types of sealant or wax out there. E.g. Some wax you need to wait till dry and haze, then you can buff. Some wax you have to buff it before dry. So for a start, follow the instruction. And almost all the time, less is better than too much.

heard there is one that is suppose to polish mouldy patches on headlights?

any idea which is the product and where can i get my hands on one?

That is what's known as "Whale sperm" or Plastic Polish. (Not really sperm, just a term)

Neutral Newbie

Tried many products but now settled for Durogloss and Collinite [thumbsup] . Yet to try TC and EV... ... maybe soon... ...

Edited by Evertop

I switched from Meguire to Duragloss, not because they are not good but I find Duragloss much easy to work on. I had full range of Duragloss from MD, the leather conditioner is the one not to be missed.

Duragloss prices aren't too expensive compared to some brands, most important it works.

Above are my preferences only.

Ya, for Duragloss, it is the ease of use compare to some other products.

Neutral Newbie

I just bought the NXT Wax Spray from Meguairs today. Applied it to the car and I loved it. Really shined easily with little application.

Would any Meguair user recommend the sealant? What does it really do? Seal the wax into the paint?

heard there is one that is suppose to polish mouldy patches on headlights?

any idea which is the product and where can i get my hands on one?

I used Meguiar PlastiX. It is a plastic polisher and will remove fine scratches and oxidation from plastic headlights and others.

It is very effective. [thumbsup]

You can get it from Autobacs

Neutral Newbie

For headlight, I used those 4" polishing pad with cleaner/polish like Meg #83, about 1,000rpm, done in 2 mins with good result.

NXT Spray wax wise really MUST not do under sun and don't let it TOO dry, buff till you cry. Haze a bit quickly go and buff already.

Neutral Newbie

Meguiar Nxt Tech Wax 2.0 been great for me. Use it about once a month. But of course must clay before using and the finish is smooth.

hey guys,

Finally had chance to wash my ride after CB, and found that there were many stains on my bonnet.  most likely from dried tree sap that were not removed immediately.

I took out my cheapo NU polish to remove the stains but ended up with swirl marks and lighter colour tones on the affected areas.

I am planning to use a better polish like Meguiars to remove restore the surfaces.  Will like some advice here as I hardly do detailing on my ride.  btw, my current ride is just over 1 year old and is dark blue (verge of black) in colour.

Should I use Ultimate Compound to remove the swirl marks?   https://www.meguiars.com.sg/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=128

Or Ultimate Polish suffice?  I read that the Compound is more abrasive/rougher that the Polish?  https://www.meguiars.com.sg/car-care/car-care-polish?product_id=206

After removing the swirl marks, I am planning to use Quik Wax to finish it off.  https://www.meguiars.com.sg/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=129

Since I belong to senior citizen, I prefer to use products that are easy on easy off type that requires less effort.

Will appreciate your recommendations as I haven't bought the Meguiars yet.

↡ Advertisement