Fine for driving in Bus Lane while turning left due to jam??

Ericsnow

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I just received a letter from LTA for an offence of driving in bus lane during prohibited hours. I still remember what happened and it is ridiculous for them to fine me for this! May I know how I can go about writing in an appeal?

The incident happened on 6th Jan at around 6pm+. I was travelling on Jurong Town Hall Road towards AYE direction. There was 3 lanes and in order to turn left towards IMM direction, I need to keep to the left lane. However, it was during peak hour and the left lane was jam. Therefore, I queue up in the left lane behind the jam waiting to turn left. At the point of time, my car had to be behind the Yellow Dotted area and just at the end of the Yellow Solid Line. I think the Dotted Line was only 10metres long? I did notice the Warden but wasn't expecting him to capture my car (there was no flash either) since it was not on purpose. Also, after a few seconds there were a couple of cars came and joint behind mine. Fyi, I had my Left Signal Light on before switching to the left lane and until I turned turn.

If LTA consider this as an offence, does it mean for my situation, I have to jam brake in the middle lane and wait until the left lane (yellow dotted line area) is clear then I can cut in?? And if thats the way, I will be causing the middle lane to jam too.

↡ Advertisement

I think you gotta write in to appeal. High chance they will waive it off since your reasons are very valid.

Even if the warden took pictures, you still got a strong case.

Cheers :)

Neutral Newbie

I think you gotta write in to appeal. High chance they will waive it off since your reasons are very valid.

Even if the warden took pictures, you still got a strong case.

Cheers :)

Yes but I wonder how the Warden capture the pics. It will be helpful if the pic shows my car behind other vehicles and with my brake light and signal light on. However, if they only capture my carplate, the Warden may lie and say otherwise. My mum was a victim when she made an appeal for parking summon. The parking wardens lied about the incident and LTA trusted them instead. [furious]

By the way, how do I go about writing in the appeal? Thank you.

Our gov are understanding one. dun worry. You can call up LTA or the traffic police on the procedure of appealing (think there is a form for u to write your story). Just write what has happened. High chance they will waive off.

Yeah .. first offence normally they will give chance. Just be apologetic in your appeal.

Our gov are understanding one. dun worry. You can call up LTA or the traffic police on the procedure of appealing (think there is a form for u to write your story). Just write what has happened. High chance they will waive off.

By the way, how do I go about writing in the appeal? Thank you.

Just click on the links at LTA website and there is a page where u can appeal or give feedback.

Give them ur account of the incident

suggest u go see MP and ask them help u write a direct appeal letter... more powerful. I also kena at jurong town hall, now still waiting for LTA reply, is been 1 month still no reply.

sometimes its plain injustice for all these bus lane thingy. they probably expects us to stop at centre lane and wait for chance to enter the left lane.

let us noe the outcome. good luck!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

i'd disagree. but on the other hand, i shd share my own bus lane experience.

also along jurong town hall road heading to AYE. i had just filtered out into JTH after jurong lib, some cars coming up fast in the middle lane so i decided to slowly go along the bus lane, rather than stop in the bus lane like an idiot, or cut dangerously like a bigger idiot.

so, i crested the JTH rd hill and lo and behold, white ant by the side. I was contemplating flicking my signal left and pretending i intended to turn left, stop where i am and try to filter into the packed middle lane. nah. i thought gone case liao, tio already. might as well enjoy my traffic-free bus lane.

reached the warden liao. and to my surprise, he signalled me to filter right. i thought: might as well ask him to give me a chance. my original intentions were innocent, after all.

i wound down my window and asked him point blank (in a polite tone and very politely) if he had taken my photo. he smiled and said "No". (Actually, i bet he must have but what he meant is that he wasn't gonna saman me for that. if he hadn't shot me, means he really CMI as warden.. hahahaha)

feeling very relieved, i thanked him profusedly and muttered some apology cum explaination about my predicament, then waved to a Rush driver in the middle lane, who understood the situation too. he let me cut in once the traffic moved along.

my one good experience with the gahmen in my few yrs of motoring, and all the yrs as a singapore citizen.. hahahahhaa

for TS, if 1st offence, shd be able to appeal lah. just give it a shot. dun try then no hope. got try got hope. some more, this will cost u abt 15 mins of ur time to draft the letter. can save the template for future uses if need be (CHOY)

sometimes its plain injustice for all these bus lane thingy. they probably expects us to stop at centre lane and wait for chance to enter the left lane.

let us noe the outcome. good luck!

yes, they do. see my post. the spot my warden picked, sure got other drivers kena same situation as me. very bad place as he will also catch all those who intend to turn left to toh guan road instead of heading to AYE. but very stealth la. u crest the hill and voila!

however, i didn't tio saman tt instance i very happy and grateful liao. in SG where got mercy one? wonder if my number plate tio 4D or not... [bounce2]

now with the enforced "give way to buses" scheme, i'd rather they enforce that strictly and do away with bus lanes, or extend the dotted lines some more to make life easier for non-bus drivers.

Neutral Newbie

Wow, so many ppl kanna the Jurong Town Hall Road too? Yeah, traffic is always very bad there during the peak hours. Boyboy you are lucky not to be shot. Shd by 4D! haha.

Anyway, can someone give me the contact number or email address to send in my appeal? I tried http://www.lta.gov.sg/home/index_home_contact.htm but no info. The only one which I can find is:

Traffic Police Department

Address : 10 Ubi Avenue 3 Singapore 408865

Tel : 6547 0000

Fax : 6547 4900

Email: [email protected]

However, Bus Lane is handled by LTA, not TP..

suggest u go see MP and ask them help u write a direct appeal letter... more powerful. I also kena at jurong town hall, now still waiting for LTA reply, is been 1 month still no reply.

if all else fail.... u can follow the 70 year old man....

I don't care one. For me, I just jam brake at the middle lane and wait to filter left. It is selfish but I rather let the middle lane jam up rather than to write a story for LTA. Play with the rules if it is as such.

Neutral Newbie

I kena once, went down to appeal. success.

I don believe that I enter the bus lane, but they show me the photo.

normally first time they will warn you.

should complain that the dotted yellow lines are too short... most of the time i had to slow down a lot and make an abrupt filter and left turn in order not to flout the bus lane rules..

Dude, proceed to LTA at sin ming to speak officer, on-the-spot waiver if reason is good. I did that when i kana previous time, wanted to pay actually but the reception told me can try to appeal - so i tried and was so happy!