Frak Vpost and GEMS! Amazon on the other hand is amazing...

Mojoe

Neutral Newbie

Just letting off steam... I know some people had issues with vpost before, but I didn't... until now that is.

I purchased a Garmin GPS and Friction mount from Amazon UK. Got Vpost to redirect them to me. For some reason, Amazon decided to split the order up. In the end, the GPS was delivered to Vpost UK address first and the friction mount was delivered on the next day.

Guess what? Vpost delivered the friction mount to me but not the GPS. The courier slip from Amazon UK was very clear... 1 item, the friction mount. The invoice I sent to vpost was also very clear - 2 items, friction mount and GPS. Yet Vpost Europe can combine the description and send one item to me. I even suspect foulplay as they sent the cheaper item which was delivered to their UK address later than the GPS, which was delivered earlier.

When I asked vpost, they can't locate the GPS. The CS staff isn't very well trained I figure and I lost my cool at her... the 1st time I did on the phone with a CS staff as far as I can recall. She kept asking me for a different order number for the GPS and I kept saying there isn't as the order number was meant for both items. She kept defending vpost saying they don't check the items delivered.

In the end I wrote to Amazon asking if they know to whom did they deliver the GPS to. Guess what? Without even asking more questions, they apologise and say they will send me a replacement!! Wow... can you believe that??!! A 120+ quid GPS replaced just like that...

I then called Vpost and spoke to the same CS staff... I wanted to highlight this and make sure they keep a look out. I also asked her if Vpost will charge me delivery for this mess... Guess what? Yes they will... It'll probably cost them S$30+ and I will pay but this will be last time I use them. [thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

Sheesh... so much for the GEMS campaign... I guess this campaign doesn't apply to gahmen-related companies.

Anyone know how I can escalate this? Their cs email will just be sent to the usual bunch of people.

↡ Advertisement

For goodness sake, you love the Queen issit...GPSes are gotten cheaper in US of A....

oh you rich elite..soreeeeeeeeeee...soreeeeeeeeeee

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

No choice... UK mah... Borderlinx is only US right?

GBP is low then compared to USD lah... I made the comparison and decided to get from Amazon UK. Garmin GPS is cheaper in Amazon UK than Amazon US plus the free delviery. Plus, I wanted the EU maps instead of the US maps.

I remembered someone mentioned vpost is fine as long as nothing happens right? Frak man... kena this time round.

Amazon UK replacing a 120+ quid GPS vs. Vpost not even considering to waive the S$30+ delivery charge... such a big contrast.

Edited by Mojoe

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

For goodness sake, you love the Queen issit...GPSes are gotten cheaper in US of A....

oh you rich elite..soreeeeeeeeeee...soreeeeeeeeeee

Wah... bloody hell... you the one with a CX7 and a convertible say I lich... I only have a 2nd hand estate leh. [smash]

But Amazon UK was really cheaper then. USD was up and GBP low...

Edited by Mojoe

Neutral Newbie

Why u got it from UK ???

It was really cheaper than compared to US then... GBP was down and Amazon UK had free delivery. Plus I want the EU maps more than the US map.

Neutral Newbie

255w... In Amazon US, it was around SGD300+. I got it from Amazon UK for about SGD260+ during that time as USD was on the rise.

just before CNY, some apparel I ordered from US arrived.

Borderlinx

- item arrived SG around midnight of 24 Jan

- called DHL around 10am (24 Jan) to arrange delivery for that day

- CS "no problem, we will arrange for the next round in the afternoon"

- all on the same day, swee swee

VPost

- item 1 arrived SG 22 Jan

- item 2 arrived SG 23 Jan

- called CS on 24 Jan 10am to check on delivery status, was told normal delivery is 2 business days, can't check status now, check from Vpost website in the afternoon ... [confused]

- good thing items eventually delivered on 24 Jan evening

VPost really have to get their act together, they charge courier rates but unable to match the efficiency of courier companies ... they should lower their charges ... I try to use other options whereever possible now. Every time call the CS the first thing they will remind you is that the contracted delivery period is x working days and they start counting and said still within the stipulated period ... [shakehead]

..and when I had a problem, DHL singapore did all they could and resolved within 1 day...Bpost...wait long long...their Customer service leaves much to be desired...

Which is why borderlinx is the way to go for me [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Right now Amazon has sent a replacement to me FOC... Now hoping that Vpost doesn't mess this up again (which something tells me they might).

Vpost said they will try to waive the charge if I can get Amazon to pack the item as compact as possible. I didn't respond to that... errmmm... the GPS is in a box, how much more compact do they want?

Anyway I strongly suggested to them that they should investigate further on the missing GPS. I told them I suspect foulplay from their UK team.

Neutral Newbie

..and when I had a problem, DHL singapore did all they could and resolved within 1 day...Bpost...wait long long...their Customer service leaves much to be desired...

Which is why borderlinx is the way to go for me [thumbsup]

Too bad they only do US...

Any other services that does UK or Jeepon?